Forums46
Topics537,029
Posts9,719,585
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year #7508487 05/09/19 08:17 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline OP
giddyup
OP Offline
giddyup
F
pick a side because its coming if the world keeps spinning.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...ners-buy-million-dollar-liability-policy

New York Wants To Force All Gun Owners To Buy A Million Dollar Liability Policy

by Tyler Durden
Thu, 05/09/2019 - 14:45
SHARES

Twitter

Facebook

Reddit

Email

Print

Authored by Daisy Luther via The Organic Prepper blog,
New York state is still busily chipping away at gun rights and now they’ve introduced Obamacare for guns.

Legislators are hard at work trying to force every gun owner in the state (who isn’t a cop or active military) to purchase and maintain a minimum $1 million liability insurance policy.

§ 2353. FIREARM OWNERS INSURANCE POLICIES. 1. ANY PERSON IN THIS STATE WHO SHALL OWN A FIREARM SHALL, PRIOR TO SUCH OWNERSHIP, OBTAIN AND CONTINUOUSLY MAINTAIN A POLICY OF LIABILITY INSURANCE IN AN AMOUNT NOT LESS THAN ONE MILLION DOLLARS SPECIFICALLY COVERING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY NEGLIGENT OR WILLFUL ACTS INVOLVING THE USE OF SUCH FIREARM WHILE IT IS OWNED BY SUCH PERSON. FAILURE TO MAINTAIN SUCH INSURANCE  SHALL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE REVOCATION OF SUCH OWNER’S REGISTRATION, LICENSE AND ANY OTHER PRIVILEGE TO OWN SUCH FIREARM.(source)
Hmmm…privilege? I had no idea it was called constitutional privileges. I’m going to have to go back and fix some articles really quickly where I called them “rights.”
New York wants to make it impossible to own a gun. Although the bill clearly states it’s been read twice, it’s rife with grammatical errors, almost to the point of illiteracy. (I italicized them for ya.) But I digress. Under the heading “Justification” the bill states:
Injury and death by gun has increasingly become a problem in U.S. and in New York State. In the wake of recent mass shooting incidents in Aurora, Colorado and Newtown, Connecticut; there has been a nationwide attention on gun control and public safety.
According to FBI Crime Report, there were 445 firearm murderin New York in 2011 and 517 firearm murder in 2010. However, there is little attention on the economic impact these shootings have on the victims and their families.
This legislation establishes and requires gun-owners to obtain and maintain liability insurance policy prior to such ownership. By having this insurance, policy in place, innocent victims of gun-related accidents and violence will be compensated for the medical care for their injuries.
In such cases where the gun was stolen, the original owner is typically not liable unless the weapon was stolen through negligence on the part of the owner.
This insurance policy will also serve as an incentive for firearm owners to implement safety measures in order to conduct the activity as safely as possible and only when necessary.

This isn’t the first time recently that New York has proposed something outrageous.
In December of last year, they proposed a bill that would require anyone in NY who wanted to buy a gun to turn over their internet search history and their social media passwords. Seriously. According to Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, “A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a firearm.”
Previously, I wrote:
Applicants to purchase a gun would be required by law to turn over their social media passwords to accounts like Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram, and they’d have to allow police to see a year’s worth of their searches on a year’s worth of searches on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.  As well, anyone renewing their permit for a pistol would be subject to this invasive investigation.
Now, for those of you sitting there saying, “That’s fine, I don’t use social media and I use Duck Duck Go or StartPage” this is great – for now.
How long do you think it would be before other outlets like blogs where you comment or these different search engines are added to the list of things that are searched? Trust me, if it gets passed, this is a greasy slide straight to the bad place. (source)
If you wondering what they’d be looking for, wonder no more.
Police would be required to look for evidence the applicant searched for or used racist or discriminatory language, threatened the safety of another person, inquired about or alluded to an act of terrorism, and, finally, “any other issue deemed necessary by the investigating officer.” (source)
How arbitrary is that? It’s basically down to whether the officer likes you and your beliefs our not.
Think for a moment about how much the investigating officer’s bias would come into play here. In some ways of thinking, people who say “all lives matter” are considered the epitome of racism even when taken out of context.
And what about a couple of women talking about a breakup using heated language in a conversation about the ex who has become the enemy? Are they really going to act on it or are they just blowing off some steam?
Then I think about my search history regarding terrorism – I’m a blogger, for goodness sakes. My search history is a dark place.  What if you’re researching what kind of gun you want to buy and you’re looking up things like “stopping power” or some other thing the anti-gun folks consider “scary” that is a completely legitimate question in reality?
And “any other issue deemed necessary” is just far, far too broad to provide any comfort whatsoever that the investigations would be fair and impartial. All of this is completely subjective. Anyone with a dark sense of humor, regardless of their sanity or upstanding citizen-ness, is going to be in for a hard time. (source)
It’s all just another paver on the highway to total gun control.
If you think this is crazy, stay tuned. It’s just going to get worse.

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7508541 05/09/19 09:56 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Don’t think it will pass the “shall not be infringed “ test....

A lot of stupid anti-gun laws are working their way thru the courts....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7509078 05/10/19 03:54 PM
J
jimbob Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Govt can force you to buy anything, oh wait ObamaCare. But we all know that was an illegal action

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7509083 05/10/19 03:59 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
So far out of all the mass shootings, I don't think any responsible gun owners have caused them....

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7509327 05/10/19 10:50 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Second Amendment gives us the right to keep and bear arms and it shall not be infringed. But you must by a million dollar policy cuz they dangerous.

First Amendment gives us the freedom of religion. Hopefully they force Muzzies to buy a million dollar policy too because they dangerous.

Fair is fair right?? I mean both might kill someone at any moment!

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7509990 05/11/19 11:58 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Any new gun laws are unconstitutional!

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: GusWayne] #7510008 05/12/19 12:27 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by procraft05

Which does nothing to stop the left....

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7510040 05/12/19 12:51 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

I know, makes me sick.

They screw up everything they touch.

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: GusWayne] #7510060 05/12/19 01:07 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

I know, makes me sick.

They screw up everything they touch.

Intentionally.....

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7510531 05/12/19 10:24 PM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
The far left will say we have a constitutional crisis yet they are trying to null some constitutional rights. It’s crazy.

[Linked Image]
Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7566289 07/28/19 06:19 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
They can’t enforce car insurance requirements, much less this.

Proverbs 2
Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7579872 08/14/19 04:26 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
IF Trump lose's, it will get nasty

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: Sniper.270] #7580487 08/15/19 11:46 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
They can�t enforce car insurance requirements, much less this.

Exactly...haw many illegals are driving around with insurance or a license….and when the police stop them nothing is done.... bang

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: colt45-90] #7580660 08/15/19 02:51 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by colt45

He needs to stop acting like a teenager and tweeting every freaking thing that runs through his mind.

Last edited by Choctaw; 08/15/19 02:52 PM.
Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: Choctaw] #7580968 08/15/19 09:32 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by colt45

He needs to stop acting like a teenager and tweeting every freaking thing that runs through his mind.

THIS^^^^^^^

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: Cool Mo D] #7581145 08/16/19 01:16 AM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
If he didn’t tweet; he would lose. If he get beat; your getting $250.00 cash per AR.

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: Huntmaster] #7581280 08/16/19 05:40 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
If he didn’t tweet; he would lose. If he get beat; your getting $250.00 cash per AR.

What could he lose if he didn't tweet, his ability to grind the truth into the ground and replace it with his alternate facts? Our AR's will not be taken away, no matter who wins, it's that simple. We may only have 10 round mags, etc. but they aren't going anywhere.

Charlie

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: CharlieCTx] #7582249 08/17/19 04:04 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
You must be a young fellow; or you buy a lot of swamp land. Google 1994 Assault Weapon Ban. Clinton in action. Every democratic contender wants to take them away. They control the congress, they make the laws. You disobey the laws; you go to jail. Pretty simple. You have the right not to vote for him; but they are set and ready to pounce. As to Twitter, if he didn’t have that, he has no voice.

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: Huntmaster] #7583847 08/19/19 05:32 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntmaster
You must be a young fellow; or you buy a lot of swamp land. Google 1994 Assault Weapon Ban. Clinton in action. Every democratic contender wants to take them away. They control the congress, they make the laws. You disobey the laws; you go to jail. Pretty simple. You have the right not to vote for him; but they are set and ready to pounce. As to Twitter, if he didn’t have that, he has no voice.

I'm in my mid-late 50's, so the older I get, it pushes my definition of a young fellow along, you can make your own determination.

Did the '94 Ban result in AR's being taken? No.
Does every Democratic contender what them taken away? No.
"They" don't control Congress, they control the House and last time I checked, the House alone didn't "make laws".

All great World leaders communicate their policies and grudges via Twitter, I guess I forgot that. Everyone before him used press conferences/national addresses, but the ability to question and fact check those just wasn't working for him using that medium. Maybe he'll starting doing some from Greenland now...

Charlie

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7584547 08/20/19 02:03 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
is this a real article?

Tyler Durden ( the supposed author ) was Brad Pitts character in " Fight Club "

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7584625 08/20/19 03:38 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I started to comment initially on how dubious news sources tend to get quoted as "fact" in todays world, but I didn't. Since you asked...

" Zero Hedge expanded into non-financial analysis,[c] where its editorial has been labelled by The New Yorker as being associated with the alt-right,[10][11] as well as being anti-establishment, conspiratorial, and showing a pro-Russian-bias.[10][9] Zero Hedge in-house content is posted under the pseudonym "Tyler Durden"; however, the founder and main editor was identified as Daniel Ivandjiiski.[9] "

Charlie

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: GusWayne] #7584637 08/20/19 03:55 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E

Our current gun laws are unconstitutional. What’s to stop them passing more?

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7584810 08/20/19 07:51 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
“Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?”

Patrick Henry

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7584864 08/20/19 08:46 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

texas flag

Re: this is how I have said they will get the guns.......price goes up each year [Re: fadetoblack64] #7694794 12/21/19 09:10 AM
DeckArtist Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
President Trump winning has given us a chance to toss a speed bump in front of those who want to relieve us of our rights....all of them. The people who bankroll the left and their tactics are getting restless seeing Trump dismantle their work. The good news is all the left has done to try and remove him has made no inroads and has actually failed miserably at each step. Of course this is making the candidates and their followers even more crazy and now you see the candidates trying to 'out-left' each other and 'eating their own' along the way.

I think he will win 'bigly' this next time around and once he's back in office for the second term, things will get ramped up to make sure it never happens again. If America doesn't catch on to the goals of the left before he leaves office [or he doesn't succeed in locking them all up], things are going to be moving at a high rate of speed to return to the transformation agenda.

Our Constitution is in the crosshairs, without it the leftists can run roughshod over the country. Of course this cannot be accomplished with an armed citizenry. The lurch to the far left has an advantage and a disadvantage. The immediate advantage is they are making themselves look like morons to anyone with a brain. This will hurt them in 2020 and quite possibly longer. The disadvantage is, they are giving away their goals and the longer they do not get to realize them, the more violent and drastic the movement will become.

This is where we come in. If we do not put a stop to their tactics, they will continue to strangle our country until it's last breath is gasped.

www.hannawoodworks.com
Deck, Pergolas, Patio Covers, Sawmill Services & more...
214-435-9574
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide