Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories #7555121 07/13/19 04:43 AM
WattoHunt Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
I have a 2017 Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT LE and I'm looking to add-on a few accessories.

considering the following:

- roof w/light bars
- fuse box for accessories
- front bumper w/utility basket
- winch
- under seat storage
- underbody skid plate (lot's of open areas without the plates for dust to swirl)

I'm on the fence with any kind of front windshield as I have historically known from previous experience with a different SxS it creates a vacuum for dust.

What are the must haves for the Mule....and who offers the best prices?

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7555192 07/13/19 12:55 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
If you are around FW take a look at Essex products. up

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7555295 07/13/19 03:25 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
I’ve dead set on a heater and window w/wiper myself.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7555323 07/13/19 04:02 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
The mule pro puts enough heat in the floor area to keep your feet warm in the winter. 1/2 windshield works the best for me. Also important is a metal roof, w/insulation on the underside
Fortress makes a good roof. I bought mine at dealer in Goldthwaite.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: 68rustbucket] #7555453 07/13/19 07:41 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
The mule pro puts enough heat in the floor area to keep your feet warm in the winter. 1/2 windshield works the best for me. Also important is a metal roof, w/insulation on the underside

Warm as in south Texas warm or panhandle warm....

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7555459 07/13/19 08:07 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I use my mules in southern Oklahoma, and it gets colder than the metro by a little, and they def do not get warm enough during the winter to say it keeps your feet warm. During the summer it’s a different story.

We got metal roof (fortress) with hinge so we can use the dump feature on the bed, led light bar on front, winch, and windshield that can be opened all the way or just vented. Windshield is glass like a windshield of a car, so solid and not going to scratch up like plastic. All was installed by dealer in Gainesville.

I don’t have a lot of mesquite or cactus at my place to worry about Kevlar tires, so I just have a bottle of sealant in the barn if we do get a flat. So far only one out of 8 tires has gone flat and the sealant has kept that tire inflated just fine.
My father in law also popped a tire on my mower and he put sealant in that and it is holding just fine too. Not slime, but something similar.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7555469 07/13/19 08:35 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Warm as in south Texas warm or panhandle warm....

Big lake for 2 seasons, Kent county for 1. I can fold up windshield for full coverage when it’s cold. The doors hold the heat in. I also wear my snake boots to keep my feet warm.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7555978 07/14/19 04:17 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I have a Fortress insulated roof that is great. The insulation really helps. I have a 52" lightbar mounted to that with the wires run thru the roll cage. Hester Motorsports in New Mexico makes a great, waterproof, super easy to install and use fuse block/relay. I had a local fab shop make me some underseat storage out of galvanized sheet metal.

I still run the stock bumper but have a front basket from Triple C that I really like.

I've never gotten anywhere close to getting the thing stuck so I don't run a winch.

[Linked Image]
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7560735 07/20/19 04:51 PM
Wilson Combat Offline
Boar Meister
Boar Meister
Here's my 2019 FXT which is my third FXT Pro LE transmule, I ran the other two over 20k miles before I traded them in with virtually no issues. We've tried Polaris, Yamaha, John Deere and Kubota and these are by far the best UTV on the market! We currently have 4 of them here on the ranch.

I've got this one set-up perfect for hunting use here in NE Texas, at least for me

Front rack is from Great Day that I bought off Amazon

HID lights are from sidebyside sports. HID light doesn't scare game like Halogen or LEDs do. I have them wired in so when I kill the engine they stay on, if the wind is good the hogs typically just continue doing what they were doing and don't pay any attention to the light. Mounting brackets are homemade from metal tubing and muffler clamps.

Gun racks are Big Sky and All Rite with homemade hardware. Note the padded shooting rests at the ends of the rack in front of the dash area.

Note the snorkel my dealer made to help keep the air filter clean. What was Kawasaki thinking when they switched from the air intake up at the top rear of the roll cage on the 2510, 3010 and 4010 models to under the vehicle on the FXT???

The tires are 10ply radials and are by far the best UTV tires available and we're tried most of them. They ride as smooth as a common 4ply too. We tried the heavy duty Essex and run flats, but they rode real rough and didn't last half as long as these radials.

I've a homemade Lexan windshield that clears my gun racks and lights that I put on with two C clamps and foam pipe insulation in the winter. If it gets too cold or wet
for that set-up we hunt out of Jeeps.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7561249 07/21/19 03:10 PM
WattoHunt Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Nice set up...Wilson Combat.

I'm intrigued by your comment related to the HID lights not spooking animals. The choice for most set ups today is LED given the low power draw, heat, lifespan, etc.

I was specifically looking for an LED light bar I could attach a green/red lens to for a more stealth approach.

Please explain more about the HID and if you tested this against other options such as LED.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7561337 07/21/19 05:54 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Like your heeler WC!

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7561527 07/21/19 11:28 PM
Wilson Combat Offline
Boar Meister
Boar Meister
Originally Posted by WattoHunt
Nice set up...Wilson Combat.

I'm intrigued by your comment related to the HID lights not spooking animals. The choice for most set ups today is LED given the low power draw, heat, lifespan, etc.

I was specifically looking for an LED light bar I could attach a green/red lens to for a more stealth approach.

Please explain more about the HID and if you tested this against other options such as LED.

It's all about color temperature, both natural daylight and HID are in the 5000K range, while LEDs are typically in the 3000K range. The worst at scaring game is Halogen which is in the 2500-2700K range like a typical incandescent light bulb. All I know is HIDs work and I've ran one set of lights on two mules to a combined use of over 2400HRS. Granted not all those hours where in the dark, but I do a lot of night hog hunting.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7561663 07/22/19 03:29 AM
C
cmorsch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
On my 18 Pro-fxt LE, I added a superwinch terra 45s, flip up superatv windshield, and a double rifle soft case from cabelas which is attached to the rack so far. I also took some plastidip to the hood and sides as when I go it all they had was Red and I didnt want to spend several hundred or thousand on a vinyl wrap and this way its not a giant signal flare while out and can be removed when needed. Im still working on what lights to install on mine, Im thinking several IR cubes and a single white light bar on the roof and added the heavy duty springs at some point soon as well.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7561831 07/22/19 01:56 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
That's a great set up.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7561840 07/22/19 02:01 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Here are some pics of mine so you can see the basket, front and rear lights, and the way I carry guns. I also peeled all the stickers off mine. I like it straight black.

Also built a rod holder out of PVC on the headache rack.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7561979 07/22/19 05:11 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Very nice!

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: Wilson Combat] #7562790 07/23/19 06:03 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Wilson Combat
Here's my 2019 FXT which is my third FXT Pro LE transmule, I ran the other two over 20k miles before I traded them in with virtually no issues. We've tried Polaris, Yamaha, John Deere and Kubota and these are by far the best UTV on the market! We currently have 4 of them here on the ranch.

I've got this one set-up perfect for hunting use here in NE Texas, at least for me

HID lights are from sidebyside sports. HID light doesn't scare game like Halogen or LEDs do. I have them wired in so when I kill the engine they stay on, if the wind is good the hogs typically just continue doing what they were doing and don't pay any attention to the light. Mounting brackets are homemade from metal tubing and muffler clamps.

Gun racks are Big Sky and All Rite with homemade hardware. Note the padded shooting rests at the ends of the rack in front of the dash area.

Note the snorkel my dealer made to help keep the air filter clean. What was Kawasaki thinking when they switched from the air intake up at the top rear of the roll cage on the 2510, 3010 and 4010 models to under the vehicle on the FXT???

The tires are 10ply radials and are by far the best UTV tires available and we're tried most of them. They ride as smooth as a common 4ply too. We tried the heavy duty Essex and run flats, but they rode real rough and didn't last half as long as these radials.

I've a homemade Lexan windshield that clears my gun racks and lights that I put on with two C clamps and foam pipe insulation in the winter. If it gets too cold or wet

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'm digging that snorkel set-up. I don't get into deep stuff but might do that just to be safe. No overheating problems or anything?

[Linked Image]
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: Gumbeaux] #7563065 07/24/19 12:24 AM
Wilson Combat Offline
Boar Meister
Boar Meister
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I'm digging that snorkel set-up. I don't get into deep stuff but might do that just to be safe. No overheating problems or anything?

This is our 6th FXT Pro and all have had the dealer mfg snorkel, no issues of any kind.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: Gumbeaux] #7565452 07/27/19 03:31 PM
WattoHunt Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Here are some pics of mine so you can see the basket, front and rear lights, and the way I carry guns. I also peeled all the stickers off mine. I like it straight black.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gumbeaux....I like your set up with the basket and gun rack!!

I was looking to something very similar....where did you source the components?

Also, I like the roof you have too....looks very minimalist and I'm sure not as heavy as some of the aftermarket ones.

Last edited by WattoHunt; 07/27/19 03:32 PM.
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: Wilson Combat] #7565453 07/27/19 03:34 PM
WattoHunt Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

WC....you mention the snorkel is a dealer offered product. Please let me know where as I haven't seen one like this.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7566493 07/28/19 11:39 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gumbeaux....I like your set up with the basket and gun rack!!

I was looking to something very similar....where did you source the components?

Also, I like the roof you have too....looks very minimalist and I'm sure not as heavy as some of the aftermarket ones.

Roof is made by Fortress. It's insulated underneath which really helps. Very low profile but plenty strong enough to stand on.

Rack up front is made by Triple C. Out of Cleburne I think. The gun rack is a Kolpin. I have it mounted on some angle iron. I can take close up pics of what I did if you're interested.

[Linked Image]
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: Gumbeaux] #7566653 07/29/19 03:04 AM
WattoHunt Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
That would be great...I'd really like to see the pics. I think that is a great set up.

Just curious...how do you deal with dust in your Mule? Any mods to reduce it or do you not have any problems.

What I don't like is having that super fine dust coating my guns after riding around.

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7567270 07/29/19 10:20 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Here are some close ups of how I mounted it. Easily removable if I ever needed to. Also a pic of the insulation on the roof. It helps a lot. As for dust, I really don't have the issues that some folks complain of. Maybe the lift changes the aerodynamics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7567660 07/30/19 12:33 PM
Wilson Combat Offline
Boar Meister
Boar Meister

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

WC....you mention the snorkel is a dealer offered product. Please let me know where as I haven't seen one like this.

Paris Suzuki-Kawasaki, Paris, TX

Re: Kawasaki Mule - Pro FXT LE mods/accessories [Re: WattoHunt] #7589971 08/26/19 05:06 PM
W
west-tex Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
This is mine.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide