Print Thread
Where to eat in Corsicana on a Sunday? #7561301 07/21/19 04:39 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Looking for a convenient place to meet family from DFW on a Sunday afternoon. A Sit Down Place, and something besides a fast food place. BH found a place called "Old Mexican Inn that online appears to fit that bill but you never know until you get there, and Sam's in Fairfield is a little too far.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Where to eat in Corsicana on a Sunday? [Re: WileyCoyote] #7561323 07/21/19 05:39 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sam’s is worth the drive, especially on Sunday. Turkey and dressing dinner and free pie plus a huge buffet.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Where to eat in Corsicana on a Sunday? [Re: Cast] #7561341 07/21/19 05:57 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Cast
Sam’s is worth the drive, especially on Sunday. Turkey and dressing dinner and free pie plus a huge buffet.

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Where to eat in Corsicana on a Sunday? [Re: WileyCoyote] #7561359 07/21/19 06:26 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Well, they have a Chili’s in Corsicana. East side of 45. That’s where I’d wait. Food is acceptable. There are plenty of other places in town, but nothing that I can think of that has impressed me in the slightest. There's an Italian place on 2nd Ave. Pretty good. You’d think there’d be a decent Mexican restaurant, but I haven’t found it yet. I did find a couple of bad ones I won’t try again.

There is a Cotton Patch in Corsicana, but it isn’t close to 45. Food there is basic but quite good. Eat the meatloaf.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Where to eat in Corsicana on a Sunday? [Re: WileyCoyote] #7561378 07/21/19 07:05 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
"Italian place on 2nd Ave" Tell me more about this place on 2nd Ave please sir. We all like good Italian food and are open to suggestion.

Both of my sons worked the Addison area from age 16 and too many years to talk about. Young son finally gave up and quit at 3Forks after Gene Street ( founder of the original fast casual concept called Black Eyed Pea that eventually had 650 franchises) sold out to the Chicago holding co who has no idea what the 3 Forks concept was all about as an " Expense Account Client Entertainment destination" and away went his dream of being a multi state corporate trainer.

Young son finished his degree and now teaches school in Frisco, and the older one has been selling high line cars for couple years now after starting with MB's, having spent 15+ years schlepping Fords. Yesterday the oldest son sent the BH a pic of 2017 Roller now available at his place ...and if you have to ask about the price, trust me you can't afford it ....Needless to say but both of 'em are "foodies" and always open to trying some independent place.. So anything in a chain eatery is most likely a non starter.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: Where to eat in Corsicana on a Sunday? [Re: WileyCoyote] #7561640 07/22/19 02:49 AM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It’s called the Italian Village, and google shows it on 24th street. I could swear the cross street is 2nd Avenue, but I could be wrong and the map I have doesn’t even show a 2nd Avenue. Anyway, the food was pretty good the times we ate there.

Just to be clear, as far as I know there’s no place in Corsicana that would excite a real foodie. For that, you guys meet me in New Orleans, at Commander’s Palace. I’ve had meals there so good that my eyes teared up with joy. On expense account, thank goodness. And I used to have this little Panama hatted gay guy doing lower Mississippi River barge oil deliveries for me with his barges, and he was a ‘local’, and we went into Antoine’s through a door tourists don’t use. Fabulous food.

Last edited by 603Country; 07/22/19 02:57 AM.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Where to eat in Corsicana on a Sunday? [Re: WileyCoyote] #7561713 07/22/19 10:17 AM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
603, Thanks for the update. Sounds like we can call a trip to Corsicana's Italian place an Adventure trip to Navarro County and try it out at least once. The BH talked to the Landmark Auction House lady in downtown Ennis umm Friday and they eat mostly at a nearby Mexican place that has outdoor seating, saying that it's a dependable menu of some different from the ususal TexMex offerings. We'd noticed that it was always jammed, but we're always too busy getting our "bargain antiques" home to stop and try it out.

New Orleans is a different world altogether . BH's family made annual pilgramiges for many years, to shop for antiques, and eating at Commanders Palace was always on the menu. LOT's of side doors of all kinds and tastes in NOLA. What happens in New Orleans stays in New Orleans was what I was told was the way the world works down there when I was going thru dittybopper school at Keesler AFB. in the early '60's
Ron .

Re: Where to eat in Corsicana on a Sunday? [Re: WileyCoyote] #7588901 08/25/19 02:02 PM
K
kelvinator Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Old Mexican Inn is GREAT !!! I hunt a small 85 acre place by Richland and we hit OMI every time we'er there.

Kelvinator
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide