Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7553658 07/11/19 03:30 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
Clubbing baby seals is a form of legal hunting. I don’t agree with it, or think it’s ethical. I’ll speak about it however I want. If something me snowflake gets offended, tough [censored].

Same with hunters who drive around & shoot up all the rabbits, squirrels, possums, etc. I think they are complete [censored], & are not welcome on my place. Don’t like it? Life is tough, plan accordingly.

Just because you shoot something doesn’t make it hunting.

Citiots just can’t wait to get to the country & shoot up everything. Doesn’t make them hunters.

I've heard that baby seal only fed mothers milk BBQs just like cabrito..... food

How do you feel about killing Coons? Feral dogs or cats? Whitetail Doe? Turkey hens? Whales? Sharks? Snakes? Spiders? Cockroaches? Fire ants? ....Jes trying to see where the line is drawn.... scratch

I don't know, I think the fat of a baby seal has gotta be even better. Now you got me thinking about slurping that stuff down and licking my greasy fingers.mmmmmmm baby seal. Bucket list!

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: 10 Gauge] #7553667 07/11/19 03:57 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by regularguy11B
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Clubbing baby seals is a form of legal hunting. I don’t agree with it, or think it’s ethical. I’ll speak about it however I want. If something me snowflake gets offended, tough [censored].

Same with hunters who drive around & shoot up all the rabbits, squirrels, possums, etc. I think they are complete [censored], & are not welcome on my place. Don’t like it? Life is tough, plan accordingly.

Citiots just can’t wait to get to the country & shoot up everything. Doesn’t make them hunters.

I've heard that baby seal only fed mothers milk BBQs just like cabrito..... food

How do you feel about killing Coons? Feral dogs or cats? Whitetail Doe? Turkey hens? Whales? Sharks? Snakes? Spiders? Cockroaches? Fire ants? ....Jes trying to see where the line is drawn.... scratch

I don't know, I think the fat of a baby seal has gotta be even better. Now you got me thinking about slurping that stuff down and licking my greasy fingers.mmmmmmm baby seal. Bucket list!

That’s the spirt!!!!! See we all can find common ground with BBQ!!!!

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7553678 07/11/19 04:17 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Seal rhymes with veal

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: tlk] #7553681 07/11/19 04:20 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by tlk

For real? Shooting a squirrel and eating it is now a bad thing and if I do that I am a butt hole?

My family has lived in Texas over 130 years and went squirrel hunting for many many years. Was great fun and then we would take them home and prepare them to eat. NO DIFFERENT from shooting a deer, quail, etc. I have been a hunter for well over 60 years thank you

Yes I will plan accordingly and gladly not come to "your place" - give me a break

you Sir are on the wrong forum IMO -

Wow! I posted the PETA link just as a jab, but after reading that statement from him, just wow! I've been hunting rabbits, squirrels and possums for 40 years. Rabbits and squirrels for the pot and possums to control them, to bring back the turkey population on my ranch. Just shocking to see this on the THF.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7553699 07/11/19 05:29 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Boil the fat off your possum and crock pot with a bottle of bbq sauce. Just like pork

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7553747 07/11/19 11:15 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

Wow! I posted the PETA link just as a jab, but after reading that statement from him, just wow! I've been hunting rabbits, squirrels and possums for 40 years. Rabbits and squirrels for the pot and possums to control them, to bring back the turkey population on my ranch. Just shocking to see this on the THF.

Shocking! OMG! That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a possum hunter.

You found me out, I work undercover for PETA.

Your superior intelligence was craftily hidden, & I was hopelessly outclassed.

Do you ever eat a hamburger, or are you the Texas version of Jeremiah Johnson?

Hamburger meat comes from the store & doesn’t involve the killing of animals, that’s what you should be eating.

If only I was as good a hunter as you are, I could live off the land also. But alas, I’m a vagitarian (& also a lesbian).

I assume you live no further than 15 minutes from a Super Wal Mart, Mr Johnson. You really need to get over yourself. 40 years of living my off possum meat can change a man.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 07/11/19 11:22 AM.
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7553950 07/11/19 04:13 PM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Well this escalated quickly...

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7553978 07/11/19 04:49 PM
JimBridger Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker

“ Citiots” now that’s a good one! I’ve come across quite a few of them in my life.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7553995 07/11/19 05:17 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
It’s said ten jackrabbit eat as much grass as one cow...

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7554140 07/11/19 07:59 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

I’ll take steak.

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7554196 07/11/19 09:21 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Based on our land owners request I shoot every coyote, raccoon and skunk I see. It’s his belief these animals impact the quail and turkey population and he wants the quail to make a comeback. I also shoot every pig I see as well and I’ll use them for bait. Not sure if this makes me “that guy” who shoots everything up for grins and giggles.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7554267 07/11/19 10:39 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I’ll take steak.

Technically nothing in an eco system really goes to waste.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: bigjoe8565] #7554478 07/12/19 04:39 AM
T
TrackQuack Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
If you really believe in what you do is right, why shut others out or stop to listen to their position? Hunting being right or wrong is an opinion, not a fact, the more people talk and break down those barriers between the groups the better for the sport as a whole. Just because it is legal doesn't make it right, at one point all hunting was legal and that had serious impacts some of which will never be reversed. We wouldn't even have these resources if it wasn't for regulation so all those people who say "I do what I want when I want" are full of it. People like Steve Rinella are perfect ambassadors in my opinion, I don't agree with him on everything, but he talks about the issues facing hunting/fishing and finds middle ground or respectfully disagrees. To me it seems like so many more people are open to hunting in recent years as a way of subsidizing your family's organic protein consumption that would have been completely anti in the past.

In my opinion the biggest threats facing hunting is trophy hunting, high fence ranches, claiming hunters are the biggest conservationists, and killing animals you do not eat.

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
Based on our land owners request I shoot every coyote, raccoon and skunk I see. It’s his belief these animals impact the quail and turkey population and he wants the quail to make a comeback. I also shoot every pig I see as well and I’ll use them for bait. Not sure if this makes me “that guy” who shoots everything up for grins and giggles.

https://nri.tamu.edu/blog/2018/june...and-the-mesopredator-release-hypothesis/

https://quailforever.org/Habitat/Why-Habitat/Quail-Facts/Effects-of-Predators.aspx

https://pheasantsforever.org/BlogLa...heasant-Quail-Populat.aspx?feed=articles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NdopGBtb0A

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: TrackQuack] #7554480 07/12/19 04:47 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by TrackQuack
If you really believe in what you do is right, why shut others out or stop to listen to their position? Hunting being right or wrong is an opinion, not a fact, the more people talk and break down those barriers between the groups the better for the sport as a whole. Just because it is legal doesn't make it right, at one point all hunting was legal and that had serious impacts some of which will never be reversed. We wouldn't even have these resources if it wasn't for regulation so all those people who say "I do what I want when I want" are full of it. People like Steve Rinella are perfect ambassadors in my opinion, I don't agree with him on everything, but he talks about the issues facing hunting/fishing and finds middle ground or respectfully disagrees. To me it seems like so many more people are open to hunting in recent years as a way of subsidizing your family's organic protein consumption that would have been completely anti in the past.

In my opinion the biggest threats facing hunting is trophy hunting, high fence ranches, claiming hunters are the biggest conservationists, and killing animals you do not eat.

https://quailforever.org/Habitat/Why-Habitat/Quail-Facts/Effects-of-Predators.aspx

Prime example of emotional response with no basisis on fact or even what you quoted. Go back and read your quote from bigjoe and try again!

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: 10 Gauge] #7554488 07/12/19 07:59 AM
T
TrackQuack Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

Prime example of emotional response with no basisis on fact or even what you quoted. Go back and read your quote from bigjoe and try again!

Bryan - I can tell that we would not agree on much from a majority of your posts. That is ok. Also, I am emotional when it comes to hunting & fishing as they are my biggest passions in life outside of my family. That does not sway fact/fiction.

There are 3 credible sources stating that based on their collected scientific data, coyotes do not hurt quail populations. They are aligned in the theory that if anything they help to manage and balance the ecosystem. This is coming from a generally hunting funded organization that has a primary focus on sustainable quail/pheasant populations.

My last post on the matter.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: TrackQuack] #7554534 07/12/19 12:09 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Nothing wrong with respectfully disagreeing about legal hunting methods........the problem is many disrespect and try to shame other hunters/methods that are LEGAL.........and they try to speculate what MIGHT happen with the non hunting public if all hunters don't follow the hunting methods that they use.......but their methods like bow hunting factually wound more animals that suffer a slow agonizing death rather than using a modern rifle to make a clean kill......then the hypocrisy of their "hunting beliefs" comes to the forefront that speaks volumes about their true agenda......they want to be in charge of how other hunters hunt and eliminate methods they don't use or agree with......period.

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 07/12/19 12:10 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: TrackQuack] #7554547 07/12/19 12:27 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Steven is a great ambassador but he fails greatly to remind people that 80% of hunters hunt private land not public, the true conservationists is the private land owner/hunter that has invested money to increase and save productive wildlife habitat. The same people/his following typical make trifling comments about. Technically leasing for hunting is a big Conservation action, you are incentivizing landowner to keep or increase current wildlife habitat.

His purity score is EXACTLY what’s wrong with hunting today. It’s a chest beating pulpit pounding.

The greatest threat to hunters is hunters egos and measuring contests. Not HF, not trophy hunting, not trapping, not predation control, it’s how we tell and present our story and the true why’s IMO

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7554554 07/12/19 12:34 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
The seal hunting mention on this thread is a perfect example. The limiting ability or push back on the Inuit seal hunting was actually from Europe. As liberal as Canada is the overwhelming majority of Canadians support indigenous traditions and hunting....why?

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: TrackQuack] #7554660 07/12/19 03:09 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Without so-called trophy hunting which in my opinion doesn't even exist the term being used by a supposed Hunter is Goofy but without so-called trophy hunting and Texas high fence ranches there would be a lot of African plains animals that simply do not exist anymore. without Americans going to Africa and spending a lot of money to kill big game animals, probably what you refer to as trophy hunting there would be no animals in Africa that is a simple fact it is an unquestionable undeniable fact without Americans hunting those animals they are worthless to the local population and they will kill them because they eat their crops they destroy their villages and they ruin heir livelihood. inarguable fact.

So the real threat to those animals is people that are willingly ignorant on the reality of the situation and put down people that go and hunt them.

Last edited by ducknbass; 07/12/19 03:13 PM.
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ducknbass] #7554672 07/12/19 03:20 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by ducknbass

Without so-called trophy hunting which in my opinion doesn't even exist the term being used by a supposed Hunter is Goofy but without so-called trophy hunting and Texas high fence ranches there would be a lot of African plains animals that simply do not exist anymore. without Americans going to Africa and spending a lot of money to kill big game animals, probably what you refer to as trophy hunting there would be no animals in Africa that is a simple fact it is an unquestionable undeniable fact without Americans hunting those animals they are worthless to the local and they will kill them because they eat their crops they destroy their villages and they ruin heir livelihood. inarguable fact.

X2 , Heck even here in the US with out “trophy hunting” we wouldn’t have the same animal recovery or conservation dollars we currently get for raffle and Governor sheep, elk and deer tags!! One auction sheep tag in Texas is worth proportionally more then then entire sheep draw.

Boone and Crockett started trophy hunting aka a scoring system to push and highlight areas that have higher age class, great genetics and optimal nutrition(aka density to carrying capacity).

We have done a terrible job explaining what we do, what we consume, give back etc. because we are too busy shooting holes in the bottom of the boat because we think Joe bobs hunting style and animals is less deserving of accreditation then our own and we won’t stand for it.....

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7554686 07/12/19 03:37 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ducknbass

Without so-called trophy hunting which in my opinion doesn't even exist the term being used by a supposed Hunter is Goofy but without so-called trophy hunting and Texas high fence ranches there would be a lot of African plains animals that simply do not exist anymore. without Americans going to Africa and spending a lot of money to kill big game animals, probably what you refer to as trophy hunting there would be no animals in Africa that is a simple fact it is an unquestionable undeniable fact without Americans hunting those animals they are worthless to the local and they will kill them because they eat their crops they destroy their villages and they ruin heir livelihood. inarguable fact.

X2 , Heck even here in the US with out “trophy hunting” we wouldn’t have the same animal recovery or conservation dollars we currently get for raffle and Governor sheep, elk and deer tags!! One auction sheep tag in Texas is worth proportionally more then then entire sheep draw.

Boone and Crockett started trophy hunting aka a scoring system to push and highlight areas that have higher age class, great genetics and optimal nutrition(aka density to carrying capacity).

We have done a terrible job explaining what we do, what we consume, give back etc. because we are too busy shooting holes in the bottom of the boat because we think Joe bobs hunting style and animals is less deserving of accreditation then our own and we won’t stand for it.....

But but Cecil and that evil Knowlton.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: 603Country] #7554703 07/12/19 04:06 PM
B
breadman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

There are anti hunters in the family, all by marriage. A SiL’s sister won’t even visit our place due to deer heads on the wall. That’s a bit extreme, seems to me, but so be it.[/quote]
[/color] SO THATS THE TRICK ?[color:#CC0000] , im in mounts are gonna be relocated from my cave to the living/dinning room ,,yehaw

Last edited by breadman; 07/12/19 04:08 PM.
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: TrackQuack] #7554941 07/12/19 10:16 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

Bryan - I can tell that we would not agree on much from a majority of your posts. That is ok. Also, I am emotional when it comes to hunting & fishing as they are my biggest passions in life outside of my family. That does not sway fact/fiction.

There are 3 credible sources stating that based on their collected scientific data, coyotes do not hurt quail populations. They are aligned in the theory that if anything they help to manage and balance the ecosystem. This is coming from a generally hunting funded organization that has a primary focus on sustainable quail/pheasant populations.

My last post on the matter.

Probably tainted by liberal universities involved, no doubt.

They tried to do it in the 2 year coyote study conducted on Fort Bragg. They lied outright, claimed the coyotes weren't eating fawns and made no inpact on the population of whitetail deer. The Fort Bragg wildlife department had a different opinion on the matter.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7554965 07/12/19 11:12 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
This has been the top post all week !!

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Biscuit] #7555717 07/14/19 02:29 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Thekitch
This has been the top post all week !!

Folks sure got riled up. The intent was to suggest for people to stop making condescending comments about which species of animals others choose to legally hunt, because they don't agree with the killing of that particular species. Seems pretty simple to me.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide