Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7551394 07/08/19 08:12 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Have a good friend who’s a prominent physician in south Texas and hard core hunter. Always his dream to take a bull elephant. He got it done a couple years ago in Africa. He wrote a really big check for the pleasure, also. Hunt was very anticlimactic. He shot the bull just outside of a village after ph waking him up in middle of the night. He shot it while a bunch of natives held flashlights on the animal. It was a crop and village destroying rouge bull.
My point is I chastised my friend for not being a hunter...just a shooter but it was all good natured ribbing. No way would I care to do something like that. But it was legal and he wrote the check, so be it.
He also had to keep it really on the sly because he was fully aware that if it got on social media....they would tar and feather him and try to destroy his hard earned reputation in his profession. That sucks but oh so true.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Flashprism] #7551534 07/08/19 10:08 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Flashprism
As a people we have moved away from a rural life style. My grand pa would raise ducks, chickens and goats and no one made a fuss when they were killed and prepared for dinner. It was the way it was. Now a feather on a piece of chicken on the store shelf is repulsive to many.

Our society via media has attributed human values to wild life starting with Bambi. We see loving and friendly carnivores as moms, dads and cute little babies.

This in addition to the media exploiting some who have demonstrated a barbaric and crude behavior has expanded the anti hunting population.

I am as pro hunting as you can get and have no hesitation in harvesting game but I also question the harvesting certain unique animals. An elephant as an example.

I'm sure this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

African Hunting is foreign to most of us. Rest assured two things. One it is portrait in a negative light and has been our entire life. But if one does the slightest amount of research they will find that African game does better with American hunters hunting them. The meat does no go to waste and the management practices are second to none.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7551641 07/08/19 11:59 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You should educate yourself about elephant carrying capacity in southern Africa and what the elephant population currently is in certain southern African countries. Botswana just reinstated hunting. Don't be a dupe of western media...and "Bambi" yourself.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7551677 07/09/19 12:23 AM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
OMG I'm so sorry I used the word question. I should have realized the implications went far beyond the the meaning of the word itself and I was essentially attacking my fellow hunters which is the last thing I intended. I'll be certain to be less offensive in the future.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7551710 07/09/19 12:49 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7551738 07/09/19 01:11 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
Clubbing baby seals is a form of legal hunting. I don’t agree with it, or think it’s ethical. I’ll speak about it however I want. If something me snowflake gets offended, tough [censored].

Same with hunters who drive around & shoot up all the rabbits, squirrels, possums, etc. I think they are complete [censored], & are not welcome on my place. Don’t like it? Life is tough, plan accordingly.

Just because you shoot something doesn’t make it hunting.

Citiots just can’t wait to get to the country & shoot up everything. Doesn’t make them hunters.

For real? Shooting a squirrel and eating it is now a bad thing and if I do that I am a butt hole?

My family has lived in Texas over 130 years and went squirrel hunting for many many years. Was great fun and then we would take them home and prepare them to eat. NO DIFFERENT from shooting a deer, quail, etc. I have been a hunter for well over 60 years thank you

Yes I will plan accordingly and gladly not come to "your place" - give me a break

you Sir are on the wrong forum IMO -

Last edited by tlk; 07/09/19 01:15 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7551851 07/09/19 03:01 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Same with hunters who drive around & shoot up all the rabbits, squirrels, possums, etc. I think they are complete [censored], & are not welcome on my place. Don’t like it? Life is tough, plan accordingly.

Citiots just can’t wait to get to the country & shoot up everything. Doesn’t make them hunters.

Really not fair to lump rabbits in with that. If you can't appreciate a cottontail as a game animal and food source you're no better than the "citiots" you loathe.

Hunting isn't all about the biggest antlers on the wall. Take a look in the mirror.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: 10 Gauge] #7551852 07/09/19 03:04 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by regularguy11B

Really not fair to lump rabbits in with that. If you can't appreciate a cottontail as a game animal and food source you're no better than the "citiots" you loathe.

Hunting isn't all about the biggest antlers on the wall. Take a look in the mirror.

Damn if i didnt just do it too. Good grief.

Ya'll have fun bashing each other. The way things are going, hunting will be forbidden in 50 years and there probably won't be any good habitst left for game anyway. Because there will be no revenue from sportsmen to protect it.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: tlk] #7551870 07/09/19 03:31 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by tlk
Clubbing baby seals is a form of legal hunting. I don’t agree with it, or think it’s ethical. I’ll speak about it however I want. If something me snowflake gets offended, tough [censored].

For real? Shooting a squirrel and eating it is now a bad thing and if I do that I am a butt hole?

My family has lived in Texas over 130 years and went squirrel hunting for many many years. Was great fun and then we would take them home and prepare them to eat. NO DIFFERENT from shooting a deer, quail, etc. I have been a hunter for well over 60 years thank you

Yes I will plan accordingly and gladly not come to "your place" - give me a break

you Sir are on the wrong forum IMO -

I agree with you.

This forum is completely divided, it is like high school shenanigans all over again with the cliques and such.

A lot of the anti hunting banter is coming from snobs looking down on a lot of us. Quick to put you down to make themselves feel better, gotta lump you into neat little categories as they see it.

I'd guess that's about 99% of it right there. Hell with that!

Last edited by regularguy11B; 07/09/19 03:31 AM.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: 10 Gauge] #7551880 07/09/19 03:41 AM
S
scalebuster Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by regularguy11B
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
I don't make decisions about others and what they do. But, long age, I quit using animals for target practice.

I'd love to see an example of that in this forum if you could present it. I Have not seen it

I’ll give you an example of using animals as target practice.

Ive killed tens of thousands of jack rabbits just to watch them die. I’ve killed them running, jumping, standing, and any other way to shoot them with a 22. When I was a kid if I could talk anyone into driving around after dark I could burn a brick of 22’s in a few hours on jacks. I also can’t think of how many English sparrows I killed sitting on the pens. I never was much on shooting paper but I killed thousands of animals before I had a drivers license, and several times that after I had my own vehicle. Maybe that’s why I don’t miss when it counts.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7551891 07/09/19 04:19 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
If there were that many to kill then I would bet it needed to be done.

When I was a boy we used to have contest who could kill the most english sparrows in a day. We called them dookie birds and would take out hundreds of them in a day with just pump up pellet guns. Yes in town, mesquite/balch springs in the 80's and the neighbors were so happy we were killing them.

When we moved to rowlett I killed every snake and turtle I saw on the water until I got straightened out for killing a slew of bullsnakes out back.

Yep I was taught to eat anything I killed. But I learned wuickly there are exceptions to that rule!

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7552215 07/09/19 04:12 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
The only opinion you have to worry about is the TPWD. If it’s legal and you are legal, then that’s end of story.

These forums are always good for a laugh with the sanctimonious do gooders whose ways, ideas, beliefs, and perceptions whose mantra is “ to each my way or else.”

I too have many ideas/beliefs I follow, but my right to an opinion gives no validity to that opinion except for me.

Proverbs 2
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Sniper.270] #7552703 07/10/19 01:09 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I have a lot of opinions about this thread but im afraid to post them so instead ill just go this direction::
Im not sure how to word this so I don't offend anyone. What I WANT to say is I WISH yall didn't say things that offend others but then yall might be offended by me saying that. Dang!! We have free speech and this is an open forum so it would probably be smart to wade in with thick skin(there are no rules in a knife fight.) Im as thin skinned as they come so even though I know we WONT ALWAYS AGREE I also recognize its possible that we ALL GET ALONG.

Last edited by freerange; 07/10/19 01:11 AM.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7552715 07/10/19 01:21 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
There are certain things I don’t care for but I would never want to outlaw that behavior

If it’s legal, get after just some ain’t for me

African hunts-I’m out
Hunting game animals with 50 cal-I’m out
High fence-I’m out

That’s enough to get blasted on here, I just have 0 interest in that

We have enough laws/rules in this country to be trying to create more.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7552761 07/10/19 02:13 AM
W
woodduckhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
just because tpwd deems something as "legal" doesn't not make it ethically correct. so lets not get totally hung up on that. don't ask me to define ethical either, because someone will say i'm wrong. I agree that hunters as a whole should stick together better. "anti" hunters won't get anywhere with the way they go about things because there really aren't that many. "non" hunters are the ones that have the numbers

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: 603Country] #7552794 07/10/19 02:38 AM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by 603Country
I do give certain animals a pass, but I’m about as far away from being an anti hunter than a guy can get. We don’t eat rabbit these days, so I don’t shoot em. And I let foxes and bobcats have a pass. Some folks give snakes a pass.

There are anti hunters in the family, all by marriage. A SiL’s sister won’t even visit our place due to deer heads on the wall. That’s a bit extreme, seems to me, but so be it.

THIS is exactly how I think, I never shot fox, cat's (feral were always in the cross hairs) but I certainly don't condemn hunters that do

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: colt45-90] #7552852 07/10/19 05:08 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by colt45
Originally Posted by 603Country
I do give certain animals a pass, but I’m about as far away from being an anti hunter than a guy can get. We don’t eat rabbit these days, so I don’t shoot em. And I let foxes and bobcats have a pass. Some folks give snakes a pass.

There are anti hunters in the family, all by marriage. A SiL’s sister won’t even visit our place due to deer heads on the wall. That’s a bit extreme, seems to me, but so be it.

THIS is exactly how I think, I never shot fox, cat's (feral were always in the cross hairs) but I certainly don't condemn hunters that do

Amen to that

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: woodduckhunter] #7552893 07/10/19 11:35 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by woodduckhunter
just because tpwd deems something as "legal" doesn't not make it ethically correct. so lets not get totally hung up on that. don't ask me to define ethical either, because someone will say i'm wrong. I agree that hunters as a whole should stick together better. "anti" hunters won't get anywhere with the way they go about things because there really aren't that many. "non" hunters are the ones that have the numbers

Your ethics views should have no bearing on how hunters legally hunt..... I will stay totally hung up on that fact. This is not the Texas Ethics Forum, it's the Texas Hunting Forum........and I will only concern myself with what TP&W deems legal hunting. Keep your ethics to yourself.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Creekrunner] #7553289 07/10/19 07:53 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

WOW.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7553294 07/10/19 08:02 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

Your ethics views should have no bearing on how hunters legally hunt..... I will stay totally hung up on that fact. This is not the Texas Ethics Forum, it's the Texas Hunting Forum........and I will only concern myself with what TP&W deems legal hunting. Keep your ethics to yourself.

Yup...if you don't like it then don't do it or allow it on your property....period... 2cents

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7553297 07/10/19 08:08 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I've heard that baby seal only fed mothers milk BBQs just like cabrito..... food

How do you feel about killing Coons? Feral dogs or cats? Whitetail Doe? Turkey hens? Whales? Sharks? Snakes? Spiders? Cockroaches? Fire ants? ....Jes trying to see where the line is drawn.... scratch

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Erathkid] #7553354 07/10/19 09:15 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Erathkid

WOW.

Dude has some brass hangers for sure

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ducknbass] #7553383 07/10/19 09:40 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by Erathkid

WOW.

Dude has some brass hangers for sure

That method works every time until it doesn't and you are trampled to death.....pass!

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7553591 07/11/19 02:08 AM
W
woodduckhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Yup...if you don't like it then don't do it or allow it on your property....period... 2cents

Correct, this is the Texas Hunting Forum. Unfortunately, hunting ethics or lack thereof, is what will cause hunting to become more restricted and regulated than it is today. and like I said earlier, everyone has their own definition of hunting ethics, right or wrong. HF, feeders, box stands, cameras, bows, little guns, certain types of food plots, etc, to each their own. If youre on your own place and you want to do it, you should be allowed to do it.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: woodduckhunter] #7553626 07/11/19 02:47 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Correct, this is the Texas Hunting Forum. Unfortunately, hunting ethics or lack thereof, is what will cause hunting to become more restricted and regulated than it is today. and like I said earlier, everyone has their own definition of hunting ethics, right or wrong. HF, feeders, box stands, cameras, bows, little guns, certain types of food plots, etc, to each their own. If youre on your own place and you want to do it, you should be allowed to do it.

You mean like calling things like baiting bears unethical? The best chance to properly age, identify sex, and give you the highest percentage of an uncomplicated shot opportunity is unethical because a food source is allowed?

Who knew there are now ethical ways to kill dinner. I always figured it was a simple dead or alive, eat or eaten ideology. Who knew an animal cared how sporting your where in its death

Ethics is an Anti hunting tool to destroy means and methods until nothing is left....irony is our loathing toward others hunting adventures not of our own and pride put it on a silver plate for them

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide