Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Anti hunting comments #7550520 07/07/19 06:07 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I've noticed more and more anti hunting comments on here. Someone always gives certain animals a pass, so they are down on anyone who isn't as enlightened as they think they are. I remember when the anti hunting movement was much worse when CASH and PETA were being successful with legislation. I just can't understand ever questioning why someone would hunt or kill an animal if it's legal to do so. It seems to me we're sometimes our own worst enemies.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550539 07/07/19 06:30 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I agree.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550548 07/07/19 06:41 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
So much at play to say what would cause it, but I can't say I've noticed an increase on here, per se. 'Always gonna have the human nature element that everyone oughta do things my way; I don't think you'll ever get away from that. That gets into a lot of the subjects on here, HF/LF, caliber that's ethical, hunting over a feeder, etc. Very, very few people truly adhere to the "different strokes for different folks" philosophy. They'd rather look down on others, or otherwise measure certain body parts with each other, metaphorically speaking. grin

Then you have you're creep factor of the media/group think influence. "Animals are sentient", yada, yada. We were with our son and our granddaughter at Toy Story 4 yesterday. They played a preview of the new Lion King sequel coming out. The male "King" lion is talking to the cub about how a true leader figures out a way to give. In real life, not Disney, there isn't a cotton-picking thing "giving" about a male lion. But you know what? For a vast majority of children in America these days, the philosophy in The Lion King is as close to any form of religion they're ever gonna get. And, society is drilling into everyone that you are your own god, and that's where the "I'm more enlightened than you are" attitude comes from.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550565 07/07/19 07:04 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I do give certain animals a pass, but I’m about as far away from being an anti hunter than a guy can get. We don’t eat rabbit these days, so I don’t shoot em. And I let foxes and bobcats have a pass. Some folks give snakes a pass.

There are anti hunters in the family, all by marriage. A SiL’s sister won’t even visit our place due to deer heads on the wall. That’s a bit extreme, seems to me, but so be it.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550581 07/07/19 07:41 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I just can't understand ever questioning why someone would hunt or kill an animal if it's legal to do so.

To quote those who have said this previously on this forum about a number of things concerning hunting, "just because it is legal doesn't make it right." What people consider to be "right" varies from individual to individual.

Many of the folks that you are perceiving as our own worst enemies are often in a position where they feel like they are fighting the good fight against those who are hunting's own worst enemies.

That is part of it. Another part of it that I see seems to stem from the attitude that "If you don't hunt what I hunt, for the reasons I hunt, with the methods I hunt, you are doing it wrong" mindset.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550590 07/07/19 07:56 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
The most common I've noticed are where someone posts a pic or tells about shooting something, other than a deer, and inevitably someone asks "Why did you kill a _______?"

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550626 07/07/19 09:06 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
The most common I've noticed are where someone posts a pic or tells about shooting something, other than a deer, and inevitably someone asks "Why did you kill a _______?"

Like what? A rabbit? A squirrel? Possum? I musta missed a thread, your gonna have to be more specific.

Killing random animals for kicks is something I look down on.

That certainly doesn’t make me anti-hunting.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 07/07/19 09:06 PM.
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7550678 07/07/19 10:30 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
In the last year I've seen Why did you kill the jackrabbit, Why did you kill the fox, Why did you kill the badger ect ect.
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius

Like what? A rabbit? A squirrel? Possum? I musta missed a thread, your gonna have to be more specific.

Killing random animals for kicks is something I look down on.

That certainly doesn’t make me anti-hunting.

In the last year I've seen "why did you kill the jackrabbit", "why did you kill the fox", "why did you kill the possum" , ect ect. Nothing about it being questionable on the hunter's part, but rather the person asking the question doesn't agree with the killing of that species of animal.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550685 07/07/19 10:43 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I want quail. And turkeys. I'm killin' every racoon, skunk, oppossum, armadillo, and yes, fox that I can get loaded and get a bead on. TPWD agrees with me. What the bunny huggers think doesn't bother me one wit. 'Probably gonna shoot a jack, open it up and do an African-style drag over the ranch's roads, hang it up and do some calling to see what shows up. up

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550692 07/07/19 10:53 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
In the last year I've seen "why did you kill the jackrabbit", "why did you kill the fox", "why did you kill the possum" , ect ect. Nothing about it being questionable on the hunter's part, but rather the person asking the question doesn't agree with the killing of that species of animal.

That doesn’t make them anti-hunting.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7550710 07/07/19 11:14 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

That doesn’t make them anti-hunting.

It does in my book. What if I did it to everyone who talks or posts a pic of every hog or deer they killed. Call people out and question everyone about why they are doing what they are doing, implying they've done something wrong. Does that seem right to you?

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550724 07/07/19 11:32 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Guys - the REAL issue is simply social media itself - and yes a forum like this is social media. On top of all that is twitter, facebook, instagram, and on and on.

This is a hunting forum - if you do not agree with animals being shot then go somewhere else. Nobody should have to defend taking an animal in a legal manner

Last edited by tlk; 07/08/19 12:05 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550729 07/07/19 11:39 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I agree. It would not offend me if this forum added a rule stating you aren't allowed to disparage or criticize legal hunting methods or members that hunt legally. This is the Texas HUNTING Forum, is it not?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7550751 07/07/19 11:59 PM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I agree. It would not offend me if this forum added a rule stating you aren't allowed to disparage or criticize legal hunting methods or members that hunt legally. This is the Texas HUNTING Forum, is it not?

AMEN ! Imagine a young hunter going out and predator calling for the first time. They call in a fox, make a perfect shot and post their proud pics on here. Then they read people asking why they killed the fox like they've committed a felony. If that's not negative to our sport, I can't imagine what is.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550807 07/08/19 01:45 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Imagine a young hunter going out and predator calling for the first time. They call in a fox, make a perfect shot and post their proud pics on here. Then they read people asking why they killed the fox like they've committed a felony. If that's not negative to our sport, I can't imagine what is.

So if I dont think clubbing baby seals is ok, I’m anti-hunting?

Is this really what your worried about? Talk about 1st World problems.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7550820 07/08/19 02:06 AM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Imagine a young hunter going out and predator calling for the first time. They call in a fox, make a perfect shot and post their proud pics on here. Then they read people asking why they killed the fox like they've committed a felony. If that's not negative to our sport, I can't imagine what is.

Here you go...

https://www.peta.org/

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550823 07/08/19 02:08 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
I would club baby seals if there were any around. Cheaper than 22 shells and you get that hands on experience. Liberalism runs deep without internal knowledge with some folks. Like a toad in the water as it gets heated up.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: maximus_flavius] #7550825 07/08/19 02:12 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

Talk about apples to oranges.

Clubbing seals is illegal to pretty much everyone except natives that survive on seal oil. You are not making a point with that comment.

Ethics and the law cross paths more often than not on the decision NOT to take something. Like a fish hooked deep bleeding from the gills. It's bleeding to death and you have to let it go because it's not quite big enough. Hitting a deer with a motorised vehicle also. Gotta leave report it and leave it to waste. I passed a few rotting by the road today.

The issue is that we have hunters posting critical things as a knee jerk reaction fueled by emotions instead of truth. That is exactly what anti hunters do and how they work to win public opinion. In my six months on here I've lost count of the number of times I have seen it

You win that fight by supporting legal and ethical hunters and presenting facts that do not support the arguments that anti hunters make.

Not by joining sides with them.

Last edited by regularguy11B; 07/08/19 02:15 AM.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550831 07/08/19 02:16 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

Here you go...

I still don't get it? I'm not big on using dogs for experiments either, so that makes me anti-hunting too? I shot an adorable raccoon right in the face Sat night as he exited my protein trough and I must say, I enjoyed that shot.

I haven't seen many anti-hunters on THF or even people leaning that way... hunting means different things to different folks, but that's really OK.

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7550833 07/08/19 02:18 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

Amen to that

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: CharlieCTx] #7550840 07/08/19 02:24 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx

Here you go...

I still don't get it? I'm not big on using dogs for experiments either, so that makes me anti-hunting too? I shot an adorable raccoon right in the face Sat night as he exited my protein trough and I must say, I enjoyed that shot.

I haven't seen many anti-hunters on THF or even people leaning that way... hunting means different things to different folks, but that's really OK.

But that is a perfect example of what PETA does. They spread stuff in media/social media/internet to stir emotions and inspire people to donate to them, then they use that money to lobby for gun control and against hunting.

Wish I could remember what the percentage of their funds are spent lobbying for gun control. Their end game is to take away your guns and that is a fact.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: 10 Gauge] #7550847 07/08/19 02:30 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by regularguy11B

But that is a perfect example of what PETA does. They spread stuff in media/social media/internet to stir emotions and inspire people to donate to them, then they use that money to lobby for gun control and against hunting.

Wish I could remember what the percentage of their funds are spent lobbying for gun control. Their end game is to take away your guns and that is a fact.

WTF does PETA have to do with an anti-hunting stance on THF when someone says they popped a Bobcat and someone says they'd have passed?

I get it... you guys are Russian trolls trying to sow hate and discontent here on THF! It ain't gonna work commies! cowboy texas

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550855 07/08/19 02:39 AM
N
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
My point to this thread was that we need to stick together and support each others endeavors. Being critical of how or what another person hunts divides us, and divided we will lose. Back in the 80's and early 90's, I worked in an archery pro shop. It was a good day if I got to work and the keyhole wasn't glued shut. People take for granted that the anti hunting movement has slowed but it's still here. We certainly don't need to contribute to it.

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: CharlieCTx] #7550861 07/08/19 02:47 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
Originally Posted by regularguy11B

WTF does PETA have to do with an anti-hunting stance on THF when someone says they popped a Bobcat and someone says they'd have passed?

I get it... you guys are Russian trolls trying to sow hate and discontent here on THF! It ain't gonna work commies! cowboy texas

Ultimate cop out! It's the other way around!

But seriously, a lot of unreasonable criticism on here

Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7550875 07/08/19 03:01 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
My point to this thread was that we need to stick together and support each others endeavors. Being critical of how or what another person hunts divides us, and divided we will lose. Back in the 80's and early 90's, I worked in an archery pro shop. It was a good day if I got to work and the keyhole wasn't glued shut. People take for granted that the anti hunting movement has slowed but it's still here. We certainly need to contribute to it.

Tilt at windmills much?

It’s ok if other hunters have different opinions. Doesn’t effect me.

Hunters are not a monolithic voice.

Look, you just accused me of working undercover for PETA. Your as hysterical as that dude on MSNBC named Richard Maddow.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide