Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: maximus_flavius] #7542197 06/25/19 11:45 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
Originally Posted by DocHorton
I specifically said I don't care if people want to hunt HF. Like I said, buy a deer and put it in your backyard and kill it.

It's not going to piss me off because I really don't care what you do or what anyone else does. The only ignorant post I read was yours about the 3 types of HF haters which specifically ignores the most common type of person who opposes HF and that is those who are opposed to artificial confinement.

Sorry for the democrat comment, that was truly a terrible insult. roflmao

I appreciate your apology for the Democrat comment.

My “backyard” is 1,500 acres. Wanna place a bet on if you can find a specific buck in there? I’ll give you all season. If you find the buck & get him he’s free. If (when) you don’t, you can then shut your pie hole. Deal?

If I was retired and had the time I would put some serious money on that bet and take you up on it. Unfortunately I still work. frown Give me another 5-10 years and we will talk, I would love to give it a shot.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7542203 06/25/19 11:55 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by scalebuster
I like the idea that if your fence restricts game movement you should be required to compensate the state of Texas for every animal you fence in. Just the same way a poacher should be fined. If you’re willing to pay that price then you are allowed your high fence. The deer inside your fence are then considered livestock, and not under TPWD. Free range whitetail deer are the property of the people in the state of Texas not the Kings deer.

Most I know would love to stroke that check, I'm sure none would have a problem with that since seasons and harvest restriction laws would go out the window and TAHC would be solely in charge of disease regulation. They would have full discretion to manage their habitat and flora freely any way they choose.

One and done deal for a lot of farmers too. They can HF and shot the jumpers year round.

There would be riots and/or fences being torn down all over if that were the law. And about 5% of the fences put up (only by the super-rich guys) if it had been the law 40 years ago. BTW, seasons and harvest restrictions are basically out the window now for those so inclined with MLDP.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: DocHorton] #7542220 06/26/19 12:21 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
I specifically said I don't care if people want to hunt HF. Like I said, buy a deer and put it in your backyard and kill it.

It's not going to piss me off because I really don't care what you do or what anyone else does. The only ignorant post I read was yours about the 3 types of HF haters which specifically ignores the most common type of person who opposes HF and that is those who are opposed to artificial confinement.

My “backyard” is 1,500 acres. Wanna place a bet on if you can find a specific buck in there? I’ll give you all season. If you find the buck & get him he’s free. If (when) you don’t, you can then shut your pie hole. Deal?

If I was retired and had the time I would put some serious money on that bet and take you up on it. Unfortunately I still work. frown Give me another 5-10 years and we will talk, I would love to give it a shot.

Reason why Amos, Rancher and MF make that bet, roflmao be a fun 120 plus days of hunting though. Cool season of wildlife interaction and photography though. Might get lucky who knows, just stacked deck against you.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: DocHorton] #7542225 06/26/19 12:23 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

That’s exactly what I thought.

I guess shooting a deer in someone’s “backyard” is so tough that you have to be retired to have enough time. That certainly flies in the face of your ignorant comments about “pens” & “backyards”. If it was easy as you say, you should be able to get that deer in 1 day.

Where I come from, you either put some $ where your mouth is or you STFU. Now you know which you need to do.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7542228 06/26/19 12:25 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
There would be riots and/or fences being torn down all over if that were the law. And about 5% of the fences put up (only by the super-rich guys) if it had been the law 40 years ago. BTW, seasons and harvest restrictions are basically out the window now for those so inclined with MLDP.

LOLOLOLOOLOLLOL. No. Get off the sauce.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: don k] #7542234 06/26/19 12:31 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by don k
I really don't have a dog in this fight but here goes. Someone earlier mentioned a woman and the cost for sex. Then they mentioned the size of the so called HF. Did not matter if 1 acre or 1000 all the same. I have been around longer than probably at least 90 percent of those that think they know everything. As most know I have a HF to raise Nubian Ibex. I still don't know from the experts on here where a LF ends and a HF begins. I hear a HF confines an animal and can't escape. I also own a LF place and next to me is a LF where I used to run cattle. Ibex became more profitable so I gave my son the lease. Feeding deer be it LF or HFis the same. Deer are like people on welfare or like most of you waiting on your paycheck. You know when it is going to arrive. You are going to be waiting for it to be handed to you or you are going to check you account to make sure it did. I can trip the timer at the LF place and tell you how many deer are going to come. I see the same deer on the neighbors place every morning when I go by it to feed my Ibex. LF deer may not be confined by a fence but they are by feed. So piss and moan about HF all you want. You are just kidding yourself if you are feeding deer you are not confining them.

up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: maximus_flavius] #7542242 06/26/19 12:55 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

I guess shooting a deer in someone’s “backyard” is so tough that you have to be retired to have enough time. That certainly flies in the face of your ignorant comments about “pens” & “backyards”. If it was easy as you say, you should be able to get that deer in 1 day.

Where I come from, you either put some $ where your mouth is or you STFU. Now you know which you need to do.

Lol, whoa chief, you mad bro? You must have me confused with someone else. I haven't used the words pen or called a HF place a backyard in this thread. And I never said it was easy either. C'mon, you are really reaching....maybe I'll just STFU now since you have somehow managed not to confine deer inside your HF "backyard". roflmao

I have no desire to waste my valuable time trying to prove to you the definitions of confinement and control or escape (which I've already done a few posts back). Like I said, I would love to give it a shot. You have a fence for a reason or multiple reasons....just think about that and why you have the fence and you'll have the answer. The great thing about your HF buck is you know he isn't going anywhere...there's definitely value in that and being able to control the herd and manage it better.

Read every single one of my posts again....my comments can't be ignorant if they are factual. And in case you missed it, I have no problem with you or anyone else who wants to HF their place. Go for it. Just don't act like it changes nothing.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7542248 06/26/19 01:02 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Reason why Amos, Rancher and MF make that bet, roflmao be a fun 120 plus days of hunting though. Cool season of wildlife interaction and photography though. Might get lucky who knows, just stacked deck against you.

Yes it would be fun, I like a challenge. Might fail or might succeed, who knows, that's why it's called hunting. My place this year I hunted all season for one specific buck that would come on my property about every 7-10 days...luckily no one else killed him and I got him the last evening of the season. Most rewarding deer season I've ever had.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542253 06/26/19 01:09 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I've just caught up on this thread and didn't realize it had become so spirited, but it is a HF thread...

Lots of insults, calling folks Democrats and the like, whew.... just don't pick on us neighborhood livin', cul-de-sac occupying, Dallas folks who descend on the countryside and bring a little sunshine and excitement to your lives!

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: maximus_flavius] #7542254 06/26/19 01:10 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

I just realized where you got the backyard comment and I think you misunderstood. I was saying I don't have a problem with HF hunting and even if someone wants to put a deer in their backyard and kill it. I wasn't referring to a HF place being a backyard. Maybe that was the confusion....

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542256 06/26/19 01:13 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Everyone of those guys have deer that show up via helo survey or one off camera photo, that they hunt daily via self or with customers and it dies of old age some where. It is cool to know that some deer just don’t like corn and protein and some just wont move much. I actually wish you would you would quickly understand what I mean by constraints. It would change you opinion for sure, even if you killed him. Maybe not to a full blown level of acceptance but would be humbling, but an awesome year of hunting awesome country regardless

PS: I’m going to end up beating you to retirement I’m out in four, better get to drilling banana

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7542257 06/26/19 01:16 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Everyone of those guys have deer that show up via helo survey or one off camera photo, that they hunt daily via self or with customers and it dies of old age some where. It is cool to know that some deer just don’t like corn and protein and some just wont move much. I actually wish you would you would quickly understand what I mean by constraints. It would change you opinion for sure, even if you killed him. Maybe not to a full blown level of acceptance but would be humbling

PS: I’m going to beat you to retirement I’m out in four, better get to drilling banana

I'm gonna start doing root canals on every tooth so I can catch you.

If we didn't have 4 little kids I'd probably be done already, Lol.
crying

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: DocHorton] #7542262 06/26/19 01:28 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Everyone of those guys have deer that show up via helo survey or one off camera photo, that they hunt daily via self or with customers and it dies of old age some where. It is cool to know that some deer just don’t like corn and protein and some just wont move much. I actually wish you would you would quickly understand what I mean by constraints. It would change you opinion for sure, even if you killed him. Maybe not to a full blown level of acceptance but would be humbling

PS: I’m going to beat you to retirement I’m out in four, better get to drilling banana

I'm gonna start doing root canals on every tooth so I can catch you.

If we didn't have 4 little kids I'd probably be done already, Lol.
crying

Ha, Look at positives oldest clothes will be back in style by time youngest gets to them wink atleast that’s what I tell myself about my 2 year old

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: maximus_flavius] #7542280 06/26/19 01:55 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

You need a therapist NP, they could help you separate fantasy from reality..... roflmao

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7542305 06/26/19 02:27 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

You need a therapist NP, they could help you separate fantasy from reality..... roflmao

Love the thoughtful responses. And in a few posts you’ll be whining about how those who don’t like HFs are such meanies who just insult people.

smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7542338 06/26/19 03:43 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Will you two please stop quoting his attempts to troll me, so I don’t have to actually read the crap he tries to troll me with.

No legally defined season for MLD or State Biologists Mandated harvest requirements based on herd sustainability and habitat /herd health, just a landowner free for all . .... Lol he knows that isn’t true, now he will try to play the victim, watch

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: CharlieCTx] #7542343 06/26/19 04:03 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
.. just don't pick on us neighborhood livin', cul-de-sac occupying, Dallas folks who descend on the countryside and bring a little sunshine and excitement to your lives!

Whoa there. You live in a cul-de-sac?

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542350 06/26/19 04:08 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Sorry Doc, thanks for clearing that up. It’s NP who is spouting the nonsense.

Theoretically, I think the proverbial 1 acre HF pen is a pen. I have not ever seen anyone argue otherwise. The proverbial 10,000 acre HF place is not. The HF haters will never admit that, & they won’t put their $ where their mouth is & bet on a hunt. It’s the fact that the Haters want to force their beliefs on everyone else & restrict private property owners rights.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 06/26/19 04:10 AM.
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: maximus_flavius] #7542363 06/26/19 05:02 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Sorry Doc, thanks for clearing that up. It’s NP who is spouting the nonsense.

Theoretically, I think the proverbial 1 acre HF pen is a pen. I have not ever seen anyone argue otherwise. The proverbial 10,000 acre HF place is not. The HF haters will never admit that, & they won’t put their $ where their mouth is & bet on a hunt. It’s the fact that the Haters want to force their beliefs on everyone else & restrict private property owners rights.

No worries, I see how my backyard comment could have been misinterpreted. cheers

I think a person should be able to do what they want on their property, but at the same time we should be able to have opinions on these things even if we don't participate.

Btw, I wish my backyard was 1500 acres. I'll have to settle for my 1 acre yard for now..... cowboy

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: maximus_flavius] #7542483 06/26/19 01:58 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

I do and get this.... I also back up to the greenbelt! flag

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542525 06/26/19 02:42 PM
C
Charlieb68 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Hell..... I see the same deer in the low fence area almost everyday at the same feeders when I'm hunting. I don't hardly ever see the same deer at the same feeder in the high fence area.

I see high fence as an opportunity for a landowner to protect the deer from bubba next door shooting him before he's mature. If it wasn't for landowners day hunting 150 acres with three blinds on the fence line shared with his neighbor, and running 30 hunters a year through those 3 stands, that other neighbor probably wouldn't spend the $250K for the high fence in order for the deer to reach 4 or 5 years old.

Day hunters have a right to feel their freezers with anything that's legal,, (we all know they never shoot anything that's almost legal....right?). And the 150 acre landowner has a right to day hunt the [censored] out of his place, but for someone to frown upon the landowners that exercise their right to high fence their own places is rediculous.

If all hunters were ethical and shared a code of honor to only harvest mature deer there wouldn't be a problem. But I'd bet I could put photos of 10 bucks up on this forum and a huge number of "experienced" hunters would say they would shoot the deer if it came in front of them during season, even though they aren't mature deer, but they are all "legal".

To each their own. Hunt the way you want, manage deer the way you want on your place, and we will do the same on ours.....

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: CharlieCTx] #7542526 06/26/19 02:46 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx

I do and get this.... I also back up to the greenbelt! flag

I do too. Not an official greenbelt in back, just the neighbors, but I get axis passing by on a regular basis.

A lot of suburbanite haters are living 10 miles out of town on their 20 or 30 acre "ranch".

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Charlieb68] #7542536 06/26/19 03:02 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Charlieb68
Hell..... I see the same deer in the low fence area almost everyday at the same feeders when I'm hunting. I don't hardly ever see the same deer at the same feeder in the high fence area.

I see high fence as an opportunity for a landowner to protect the deer from bubba next door shooting him before he's mature. If it wasn't for landowners day hunting 150 acres with three blinds on the fence line shared with his neighbor, and running 30 hunters a year through those 3 stands, that other neighbor probably wouldn't spend the $250K for the high fence in order for the deer to reach 4 or 5 years old.

Day hunters have a right to feel their freezers with anything that's legal,, (we all know they never shoot anything that's almost legal....right?). And the 150 acre landowner has a right to day hunt the [censored] out of his place, but for someone to frown upon the landowners that exercise their right to high fence their own places is rediculous.

If all hunters were ethical and shared a code of honor to only harvest mature deer there wouldn't be a problem. But I'd bet I could put photos of 10 bucks up on this forum and a huge number of "experienced" hunters would say they would shoot the deer if it came in front of them during season, even though they aren't mature deer, but they are all "legal".

To each their own. Hunt the way you want, manage deer the way you want on your place, and we will do the same on ours.....

cheers

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7542543 06/26/19 03:13 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

Love the thoughtful responses. And in a few posts you’ll be whining about how those who don’t like HFs are such meanies who just insult people.

smile

Pot meet kettle.....you accusing someone of whining.

I find it hard to remain silent when grown men don't mind their own business about what other grown men do legally. Especially when hypocrisy is mixed in with the insults.........and I wouldn't think of you as mean, too much on the childish side to be mean, lol.... grin

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Rustler] #7542551 06/26/19 03:27 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Rustler
Sitting in a box some on elevated stands in a comfy chair with a steady rifle rest, watching a timed corn feeder or planted food plot used to draw deer in, using trail cameras to pattern & select targets to put on your 'hit' list, quality optics both binoculars & scoped rifles.

And the height of the fence determines 'fair chase' or not... or somehow changes the definition of 'hunting / hunter'.

Careful there Rustler, your giving facts and logic to consider........to those who only think emotionally......falls on deaf ears.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide