BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by 5Redman8
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

You know what escape means, you're not stupid. And you know the definition of fair chase. Means and methods and habitat improvement have nothing to do with confining an animal....you should know that as well.

Your explanation is the biggest reason people don't like HF. It's because they just won't admit it restricts deer movement, prevents them from escaping, and inhibits fair chase. They act like it's the same when it's clearly not to anyone with half a brain.

HF hunters biggest enemy with other hunters is themselves.

I don't care if people do it. It's just not how I prefer to hunt and it has nothing to do with the 3 reasons maximus posted....like the majority of people.

You’re part of the problem Doc.... you throw out insults to others that disagree with your opinion of fair chase.....

Where was the insult in my post?

The insult was the TRUTH.....It hurts them to hear it.

I don’t even hunt HF, but it’s sicking watching guys that have been banned for slamming others hunts carry on like they are the gold standard model for hunters. I guess they wear their ban like a red badge of courage..

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542042 06/25/19 07:24 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Doc,

Your not stupid, arrogant yes but not stupid. At least own the fact that your veiled insults of having half a brain if I disagree with you, I could have some respect for you.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542043 06/25/19 07:25 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Sitting in a box some on elevated stands in a comfy chair with a steady rifle rest, watching a timed corn feeder or planted food plot used to draw deer in, using trail cameras to pattern & select targets to put on your 'hit' list, quality optics both binoculars & scoped rifles.

And the height of the fence determines 'fair chase' or not... or somehow changes the definition of 'hunting / hunter'.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7542045 06/25/19 07:30 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Doc,

Your not stupid, arrogant yes but not stupid. At least own the fact that your veiled insults of having half a brain if I disagree with you, I could have some respect for you.

I'll take that.

I apologize if that post insulted you. I should have known there are people on THF who are incapable of realizing a HF restricts deer movement, prevents them from escaping, and inhibits fair chase.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: DocHorton] #7542047 06/25/19 07:32 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Doc,

I'll take that.

I should have realized there are hunters on THF with half a brain. I apologize if that post insulted you.

So funny and clever.....is this good for your business?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7542048 06/25/19 07:33 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Ya because you missed the entire point. Tell me what escape means????

I never said it didn’t deter dispersal that’s the management point of it. Deterring dispersal is not preventing escape

If you can truly hunt fence line to fence line LF or HF you need to pick a safer spot to hunt.

Again tell me how a HF prevents a deer from escaping you....

Escape means what it means.....here's the definition for you:

Definition: es·cape

verb: escape; 3rd person present: escapes; past tense: escaped; past participle: escaped; gerund or present participle: escaping

1. break free from confinement or control.

So to answer your question...a HF prevents a deer from escaping confinement and control. That's how it prevents it. This is really elementary stuff guys....

So you think regardless a deer is more confined then a person actively hunting? You must hunt differently then anyone in Texas or any where for that matter.

You didn't like the definition of escape did you? Lol. So now we are changing it to a person actively hunting? Geez....it's like hitting a constantly moving target.

HF confinement has nothing to do with how far someone can see while hunting or how much land they can cover. If that were the case no one would build them, Bobo. It has to do with artificially restricting movement of wildlife and usually management. You also already know that. It's the entire reason for existence of HF hunting operations...control and confinement.

Just admit it confines the deer and prevents them from escaping. You'll save us about 3 pages on this thread. grin

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7542050 06/25/19 07:36 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Doc,

I'll take that.

I should have realized there are hunters on THF with half a brain. I apologize if that post insulted you.

So funny and clever.....is this good for your business?

You tell me, Lol.

I may be gaining customers from my posts.... grin

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542054 06/25/19 07:39 PM
S
SingleShot85 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
What's nonsensical is your perception of control..... confinement yes but it applies to YOU, the deer not so much

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542055 06/25/19 07:42 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
No Doc you're wrong and you show that intelligence is not guaranteed when booking an appointment with a dentist.

Example: There are numerous high fenced WMAs managed and controlled by TPW. The purpose of the fence is to keep other deer out, not in........do your homework before you flap your gums...

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: DocHorton] #7542057 06/25/19 07:46 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You didn't like the definition of escape did you? Lol. So now we are changing it to a person actively hunting? Geez....it's like hitting a constantly moving target.

HF confinement has nothing to do with how far someone can see while hunting or how much land they can cover. If that were the case no one would build them, Bobo. It has to do with artificially restricting movement of wildlife and usually management. You also already know that. It's the entire reason for existence of HF hunting operations...control and confinement.

Just admit it confines the deer and prevents them from escaping. You'll save us about 3 pages on this thread. grin

What? If I’m hunting you and you aren’t viewable or in the area you have escaped me. Period you are the only one I know that can hunt an entire ranch at one time

Like I said earlier if the hunter is more confined then the deer it’s hunting, if the deer is more confined then the hunter it’s a pen. And if you are actively hunting fence line to fence line I’d seriously question safety, but to each their own

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542059 06/25/19 07:51 PM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
1 acre or 10,000 acres.....a pen is a pen.

It is kind of like the guy who asked a woman if she'd sleep with him for a million dollars....she says yes. Then he asks if she would for $100....she says no what kind of woman do you thin I am. He replied....we've already established what kind of woman you are....now we are just negotiating the price.

Same with HF......would you shoot pets(I mean deer) in 10,000 acre pen....reply...SURE. Would you shoot a pet in a 1 acre pen....NO....what kind of hunter do you think I am!?!?! Well....we have already established you are not hunting....now we just need to find a pen size to mean your warped sense of "hunting".

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: 5Redman8] #7542063 06/25/19 08:01 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

It is kind of like the guy who asked a woman if she'd sleep with him for a million dollars....she says yes. Then he asks if she would for $100....she says no what kind of woman do you thin I am. He replied....we've already established what kind of woman you are....now we are just negotiating the price.

Same with HF......would you shoot pets(I mean deer) in 10,000 acre pen....reply...SURE. Would you shoot a pet in a 1 acre pen....NO....what kind of hunter do you think I am!?!?! Well....we have already established you are not hunting....now we just need to find a pen size to mean your warped sense of "hunting".

Feel better now? You have alienated yourself from many people like me and I don't hunt HF. You know where I hunt....and for what? You think your post is going to change anything?

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 06/25/19 08:38 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: 5Redman8] #7542065 06/25/19 08:05 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Well same size deer cost more on LF so who is worse the guy that paid more just to get his name in a book or the one that doesn’t care about the recorded book prize? Of course via your example.

I hate to see what you think about guys with high end leases and big houses

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7542075 06/25/19 08:16 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
No Doc you're wrong and you show that intelligence is not guaranteed when booking an appointment with a dentist.

Example: There are numerous high fenced WMAs managed and controlled by TPW. The purpose of the fence is to keep other deer out, not in........do your homework before you flap your gums...

I like the gums pun.

So let me get this straight...the HF on those WMA's only keep deer out, they don't keep deer in?? That's a new one, I guess it's a one way HF? (sarcasm)

Once again...confinement and control.

Thanks for the insult on my intelligence. clap

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: DocHorton] #7542079 06/25/19 08:19 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

I like the gums pun.

Might as well have some fun....lol
grin

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: DocHorton] #7542081 06/25/19 08:23 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
HF hunters are like democrats....they want everyone to be allowed to have their own opinion (or hunting style), except when you disagree with theirs.

Sir, I must remonstrate.

We can disagree, but I won’t be called a Democrat.

If anyone here is acting like a Democrat, it is you. Your the one wanting to tell other people what they can do.

I don’t give a shat what your ignorant opinion is on the HF matter. I hope that all the HF hunters who enjoy their hunting truly piss you off.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7542096 06/25/19 08:53 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

I like the gums pun.

Might as well have some fun....lol
grin

Truth be told I'm too dumb, too poor, and too ugly to hunt HF so I just make fun of those who do. roflmao

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: maximus_flavius] #7542099 06/25/19 09:01 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
HF hunters are like democrats....they want everyone to be allowed to have their own opinion (or hunting style), except when you disagree with theirs.

Sir, I must remonstrate.

We can disagree, but I won’t be called a Democrat.

If anyone here is acting like a Democrat, it is you. Your the one wanting to tell other people what they can do.

I don’t give a shat what your ignorant opinion is on the HF matter. I hope that all the HF hunters who enjoy their hunting truly piss you off.

Did you even read my posts? I specifically said I don't care if people want to hunt HF. Like I said, buy a deer and put it in your backyard and kill it.

It's not going to piss me off because I really don't care what you do or what anyone else does. The only ignorant post I read was yours about the 3 types of HF haters which specifically ignores the most common type of person who opposes HF and that is those who are opposed to artificial confinement.

Sorry for the democrat comment, that was truly a terrible insult. roflmao

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542169 06/25/19 10:43 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I really don't have a dog in this fight but here goes. Someone earlier mentioned a woman and the cost for sex. Then they mentioned the size of the so called HF. Did not matter if 1 acre or 1000 all the same. I have been around longer than probably at least 90 percent of those that think they know everything. As most know I have a HF to raise Nubian Ibex. I still don't know from the experts on here where a LF ends and a HF begins. I hear a HF confines an animal and can't escape. I also own a LF place and next to me is a LF where I used to run cattle. Ibex became more profitable so I gave my son the lease. Feeding deer be it LF or HFis the same. Deer are like people on welfare or like most of you waiting on your paycheck. You know when it is going to arrive. You are going to be waiting for it to be handed to you or you are going to check you account to make sure it did. I can trip the timer at the LF place and tell you how many deer are going to come. I see the same deer on the neighbors place every morning when I go by it to feed my Ibex. LF deer may not be confined by a fence but they are by feed. So piss and moan about HF all you want. You are just kidding yourself if you are feeding deer you are not confining them.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542176 06/25/19 11:04 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
If it’s all the same, they wouldn’t be built. They cost $$$, you know. People don’t spend $$$ for the fun of it.

I get the desire to justify them as cool, fine, and all the same by those who favor them, but when we get to all these silly arguments like they don’t prevent escape and food confines deer just like HF, who’s kidding who?

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7542179 06/25/19 11:07 PM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
If it’s all the same, they wouldn’t be built. They cost $$$, you know. People don’t spend $$$ for the fun of it.

I get the desire to justify them as cool, fine, and all the same by those who favor them, but who’s kidding who?

cheerleader TRUTH

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7542180 06/25/19 11:09 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

I get the desire to justify them as cool, fine, and all the same by those who favor them, but when we get to all these silly arguments like they don’t prevent escape and food confines deer just like HF, who’s kidding who?

People don’t spend money for fun......put the bottle down

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: DocHorton] #7542183 06/25/19 11:12 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I specifically said I don't care if people want to hunt HF. Like I said, buy a deer and put it in your backyard and kill it.

It's not going to piss me off because I really don't care what you do or what anyone else does. The only ignorant post I read was yours about the 3 types of HF haters which specifically ignores the most common type of person who opposes HF and that is those who are opposed to artificial confinement.

Sorry for the democrat comment, that was truly a terrible insult. roflmao

I appreciate your apology for the Democrat comment.

My “backyard” is 1,500 acres. Wanna place a bet on if you can find a specific buck in there? I’ll give you all season. If you find the buck & get him he’s free. If (when) you don’t, you can then shut your pie hole. Deal?

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 06/25/19 11:12 PM.
Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: fouzman] #7542190 06/25/19 11:29 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I like the idea that if your fence restricts game movement you should be required to compensate the state of Texas for every animal you fence in. Just the same way a poacher should be fined. If you’re willing to pay that price then you are allowed your high fence. The deer inside your fence are then considered livestock, and not under TPWD. Free range whitetail deer are the property of the people in the state of Texas not the Kings deer.

Re: High Fences Ad Nauseam [Re: scalebuster] #7542196 06/25/19 11:42 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by scalebuster
I like the idea that if your fence restricts game movement you should be required to compensate the state of Texas for every animal you fence in. Just the same way a poacher should be fined. If you’re willing to pay that price then you are allowed your high fence. The deer inside your fence are then considered livestock, and not under TPWD. Free range whitetail deer are the property of the people in the state of Texas not the Kings deer.

Most I know would love to stroke that check, I'm sure none would have a problem with that since seasons and harvest restriction laws would go out the window and TAHC would be solely in charge of disease regulation. They would have full discretion to manage their habitat and flora freely any way they choose.

One and done deal for a lot of farmers too. They can HF and shot the jumpers year round.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide