Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Infidelity [Re: redchevy] #7538819 06/20/19 06:25 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by redchevy
Be there when he needs a bud. One of my buddies went through it recently, we invited him to a lot of stuff and made it a point to do more stuff with him.

All you can do. I had a great friend that sat there with me, drank with me, and listened to me bitch and moan ad nauseum. I can never repay him. He'd been there (a much worse situation).

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Infidelity [Re: Creekrunner] #7538823 06/20/19 06:33 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by Cast
The Bible covers this. TWO REASONS for divorce. Abandonment and infidelity. God forgives divorce in only those two areas.

Gotta take issue with that Cast. God can forgive anything He chooses. I'm the furthest thing from an "anything goes" kind of guy, but I don't presume to speak for the Almighty.

My ex blamed me for the marriage falling apart, "destroyed her self-esteem", etc. I begged to go to counseling. The counselor met with her alone for 10 minutes and then told me, separately, that my marriage was over. Ex told me to get out of the house. There were two little girls that I didn't think would be best served by Daddy camping in the living room, so I left. She divorced me. Worst period of my entire life. I don't see how you stay married to a person that won't stay married to you. I'm not cut out for celibacy and lonliness and I don't think God wants that for us.

Later heard about Mommy's "friend" at work. She said that she was never physical with him. Mommy married the "friend" a while later.

Women lie easier than men. That's a fact.

You are not taking issue with me. I just told you what the Bible says about it. Don’t get mad at me.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538824 06/20/19 06:33 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Cochise
I think I'm just going to stay out of it. Maybe just tell him to follow his gut.

Be a friend but not mediator. He is asking you for advice because he trusts your judgement.

Re: Infidelity [Re: Cast] #7538830 06/20/19 06:40 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
The Bible covers this. TWO REASONS for divorce. Abandonment and infidelity. God forgives divorce in only those two areas.

Gotta take issue with that Cast. God can forgive anything He chooses. I'm the furthest thing from an "anything goes" kind of guy, but I don't presume to speak for the Almighty.

My ex blamed me for the marriage falling apart, "destroyed her self-esteem", etc. I begged to go to counseling. The counselor met with her alone for 10 minutes and then told me, separately, that my marriage was over. Ex told me to get out of the house. There were two little girls that I didn't think would be best served by Daddy camping in the living room, so I left. She divorced me. Worst period of my entire life. I don't see how you stay married to a person that won't stay married to you. I'm not cut out for celibacy and lonliness and I don't think God wants that for us.

Later heard about Mommy's "friend" at work. She said that she was never physical with him. Mommy married the "friend" a while later.

You are not taking issue with me. I just told you what the Bible says about it. Don’t get mad at me.

Well the bible also says "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery" So, once divorced you can never remarry.

Last edited by Nathan at Fork; 06/20/19 06:41 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cast] #7538831 06/20/19 06:45 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

If you are saying that God will not forgive a divorce outside of those two scenarios, you need to go back and re-read your Bible. Christ’s blood covers every sin but not accepting Him. Thus, those sins can be forgiven upon asking and repentance.

Which is kinda the point of the entire New Testament/Jesus’ sacrifice for us.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538833 06/20/19 06:47 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I know what I would do but that's not necessarily what needs to be conveyed to your friend. As mentioned, be his confidant and sounding board only, he has to make his own decisions and be content in them....

Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538847 06/20/19 07:07 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
Yes, I should have said also, stay out of it. I was just telling what I would do, doesn't mean it's right or wrong and doesn't mean it's what he should do. He will have to do his own thing here.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538856 06/20/19 07:21 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I think I'm just going to stay out of it. Maybe just tell him to follow his gut.

I think this is the right decision, but you can still be there for him when he needs to talk or drink a beer.

I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538873 06/20/19 07:46 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
There is no advise to give. Pray for them, support him however you can. He has a tough decision to make that is going to affect a lot of other people, and only he can make it.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538874 06/20/19 07:48 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Stay out of it, just be a friend like others have said. What others have not said:

She cheated. Morally. Maybe [not?] physically. She needs to go. There are woman that will not cheat morally or physically. Don't waste time on a cheat.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Infidelity [Re: unclebubba] #7538875 06/20/19 07:52 PM
Wburke2010 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by unclebubba
I actually have experience in this arena. Caught my ex in a very similar scenario. She said it never went physical, blah, blah, blah...As I had a boy, I decided to go the route of forgiveness. Let me tell you how hard that is. The marriage never was right after that. She did not put in the effort to deserve the forgiveness that she was getting. It did end up happening again, and we did eventually get divorced.

Now, I am not advocating that he divorce her either. I still have not figured out which process was worse, the Divorce, or the being Cheated on. Either way, he's got a tough time ahead of him.

X2 might as well end it now or it will drag out and just get worse. Talking from experience

MW Ranch Services
903-303-4523
Metal buildings, welding, equipment repair, dirt work
Re: Infidelity [Re: NORML as can be] #7538904 06/20/19 08:34 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Is she hot

This is one of the key questions.

If they don't have kids, she needs to be super duper hot and fun to boot. Otherwise good bye. If they have kids that's sad, I would stay together until they are over 18 personally if he could stand it.

But the best advice was probably stay out of it.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538923 06/20/19 08:49 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Just one slice out of an entire loaf? You'll never notice

Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538935 06/20/19 09:09 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Too soon.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7538989 06/20/19 10:32 PM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
Sounds exactly like my situation almost 20 years ago and she also swore nothing physical ever happened. If they don't have kids, he needs to get the hell outtta Dodge before they do. If she did this once, she's either done it before and not got caught, or she will do it again. Thankfully we didn't have kids so the divorce process was pretty simple. It wasn't easy, but in the end, it was the best thing I have ever done. If they have kids, this is a much harder discussion. He needs to understand going into the divorce that the family court system will side with her every step of the way and he's going to have to fight for every inch of ground.

My ex also had a different "old friend from high school" that came along after the first guy but before we got divorced. Let's just say Karma is a B!@#$. He turned out to be a bum that spent her money and laid around on her couch. About four months after we got divorced, she called me to tell me she was pregnant with his kid. After picking myself up off the floor where I fell over from laughing, I realized how big of a bullet I dodged and how good my life was compared to the year before.

Last edited by gtrich94; 06/20/19 10:59 PM.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Infidelity [Re: NORML as can be] #7539001 06/20/19 10:52 PM
C
CitySlickerHunter Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Is she hot

clap

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: Infidelity [Re: swampthang] #7539012 06/20/19 11:09 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by swampthang

Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Save time, GTFO

She will do it again.

Divorce is hard. Losing self respect is harder

I don't know man,I've seen a few couples move past cheating "incidents" and go on to lead relatively normal lives.

Relatively normal is, well, relative.

People can put on fronts to maintain appearances, but I personally don't believe that people can go thru that and then wipe the slate clean and be completely normal/functional as a couple.

Maybe if they were into drinking, drugs, etc. and then got saved as a couple and completely turned there lives around then I think that's likely possible, but for 98% of the couples where cheating has occurred, then no. It may not bother the non-cheater of the equation immediately, but after the dust settles and things blow over and return to more normal seas, then you will see anger emerge, resentments form, etc.

you basically have to tell your buddy this.....she wasn't drunk at a bar and met some random dude and got slammed in the bathroom at last call (which is not ok either ) but she had a full blown relationship with another person, and still came home at night and put on her Suzie Homemaker face and played everything like it was cool. Let it sink in for him what kind of person he is sharing a house and a life with.

I'm in the camp, if this is a good friend of yours, he needs to hear some truths. Just "staying out of it " is not what friends are for. If I'm effing up in life, I expect my friends to tell me so. If I need help with something and tell my friends about it, i'm not venting i'm asking for advice on what I should do.

This is why he is telling you, because he needs help making a decision.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7539014 06/20/19 11:10 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I’d let the new guy take up payments on her. Sounds like a “Win, Win!”

Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7539107 06/21/19 01:23 AM
J
jetdad Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Kick her to the curb, find a hot girlfriend and follow that anatomical pointer that always points men in the right direction. Cheaters rarely rehab. They only try to rehab because they were caught. People are either honest or they will lie/cheat. Life's too short to mess with skanks. Staying in a crappy marriage for the kids is toxic. A bad relationship is not good for children. You can't trust someone that's put it to you. Doubt will always remain, unless you're a cheater as well, then you're doomed anyway. Finding a life partner in today's world isn't easy. Trust is the most important thing in any relationship, be it spouse, kids, co-workers, whatever. Very tough, if not impossible to build a relationship without that foundation.

Re: Infidelity [Re: swampthang] #7539119 06/21/19 01:41 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Save time, GTFO

She will do it again.

I don't know man,I've seen a few couples move past cheating "incidents" and go on to lead relatively normal lives.

I don’t buy It. I barely trust a woman who hasn’t cheated yet and trust most men to respect another man’s woman even less. Hard to believe It was a one time thing.

A part of me believes a woman gets a little attention and runs with It.

Terrible world view I know.

Re: Infidelity [Re: cbump] #7539159 06/21/19 02:44 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Originally Posted by cbump

Save time, GTFO

She will do it again.

I don’t buy It. I barely trust a woman who hasn’t cheated yet and trust most men to respect another man’s woman even less. Hard to believe It was a one time thing.

A part of me believes a woman gets a little attention and runs with It.

Terrible world view I know.

What’s terrible is that it’s realistic

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7539173 06/21/19 03:08 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Honestly, all the talk guys (and women) do about how sorry their spouse (or ex) is or was is always kind of mystifying to me. I mean, they’re the ones that married them. confused2

I’m not in any position to give advice since I don’t know the situation, but I do know most who cheat will cheat again. I’d guess trust can’t ever be re-gained in 98% of the cases.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7539187 06/21/19 03:35 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Cheating is the ultimate betrayal. No coming back from it. I have never done it and never will. I have no desire to and people who do, must be wired differently than me. Anyone I'm with who does, is history to me.

Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7539188 06/21/19 03:48 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Pack her bags for her and put them on the curb. Life’s too short to be treated like [censored] by the one you love. Hell, I’d even go as far as letting old boys wife know, after all, you would be giving them what they want, to be together. I have no sympathy for cheaters.

Re: Infidelity [Re: Cochise] #7539205 06/21/19 06:05 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
My cheating experience. I have been married 21 years and have not cheated on my wife.

When I was younger and Before I was married I had a nice girlfriend, which I cheated on. The first time I felt terrible guilt, felt very bad. Then I cheated again and again. Each time got easier Etc.

what I learned was if you start to cheat, it gets easier the more you do it and you do it until you are caught.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide