Re: Hornography [Re: woodduckhunter] #7538393 06/20/19 01:58 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by woodduckhunter
pitchfork, your post are all about supporting what is "legal". Just because the federal, state, or local govt deems something as a "legal" activity, does not at all mean that it is ethically correct, or viewed as so by non-hunters. Hunting ethics vary obviously from hunter to hunter. But to the average non hunter you could walk up to, they would not say that hunting animals behind an enclosure that they can not go and come as they please as being ethical.

I am ready for that conversation if and when it walks up to me, until then I will concern myself with my ethics, not others.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hornography [Re: txshntr] #7538408 06/20/19 02:26 AM
W
woodduckhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted by txshntr
pitchfork, your post are all about supporting what is "legal". Just because the federal, state, or local govt deems something as a "legal" activity, does not at all mean that it is ethically correct, or viewed as so by non-hunters. Hunting ethics vary obviously from hunter to hunter. But to the average non hunter you could walk up to, they would not say that hunting animals behind an enclosure that they can not go and come as they please as being ethical.

Same has been said about feeders...we should get rid of them (some states have)
Same has been said about deer drives...we should get rid of them (some states have)
Same has been said about shooting out of a vehicle safari style...we should get rid of them
Same has been said about hunting deer with dogs...we did get rid of them
Same has been said about shooting at long distances...we should stop that too
Bow hunters argue against gun hunters
Gun hunters argue against bow hunters
Traditional hunters think all the others are cheating

And the list goes on....

I have been on many HF ranches. I don't hunt HF places but can appreciate them for what they are and for the trophies that people take off them. I am a firm believer in property rights and minding my own business. Biggest issue I see with most these arguments is that if someone disagrees with someone else's method, they don't think the other person should do it.

I do appreciate the civil manner in which this thread has gone. Much better than in the past cheers

The people on this thread that disagree with HFs are not saying that people shouldn't be able to high fence, or have their private property rights infringed upon. Whether everyone agrees or not, HFs are not good publicity. Even though a smaller % of them grow horn freaks, they all get painted with that picture by non hunters. I for one am 100% for private property rights and the fact that there are already so many restrictions on what you can already do on your OWN place can be disturbing. It bothers me that there is a rule book as long as it is for hunting regs on your OWN place. But, it's 2019 and the world we live in.

Last edited by woodduckhunter; 06/20/19 02:27 AM.
Re: Hornography [Re: woodduckhunter] #7538427 06/20/19 02:45 AM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms

Same has been said about deer drives...we should get rid of them (some states have)
Same has been said about shooting out of a vehicle safari style...we should get rid of them

And the list goes on....

I have been on many HF ranches. I don't hunt HF places but can appreciate them for what they are and for the trophies that people take off them. I am a firm believer in property rights and minding my own business. Biggest issue I see with most these arguments is that if someone disagrees with someone else's method, they don't think the other person should do it.

I do appreciate the civil manner in which this thread has gone. Much better than in the past cheers

The people on this thread that disagree with HFs are not saying that people shouldn't be able to high fence, or have their private property rights infringed upon. Whether everyone agrees or not, HFs are not good publicity. Even though a smaller % of them grow horn freaks, they all get painted with that picture by non hunters. I for one am 100% for private property rights and the fact that there are already so many restrictions on what you can already do on your OWN place can be disturbing. It bothers me that there is a rule book as long as it is for hunting regs on your OWN place. But, it's 2019 and the world we live in.

There are a few on this thread that I know for a fact would argue that no one should be allowed to build a HF at all, not saying you are one.

My point is that there are many issues within our community that non-hunters would find unethical (including HF) if you presented it to them.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Hornography [Re: woodduckhunter] #7538459 06/20/19 04:20 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

And the list goes on....

Bow hunting and primitive weapons including ML cause way more harm. If the goal is consumption then your are morally and ethical mandated to take an animal as quickly and as efficiently as possible.... primitive weapons via your ideology should then be outlawed for cruel and less effective and less efficient dispatching of Wildlife. Why wouldn’t you use the most effective and efficient method to take a life so you can eat it.

Hell hunting predators like bears is more argumentative then private property fence heights in non migrating ungulate states. FACT!!!

Ironically most HF ranches could better explain and demonstrate their conservation achievements to non hunters and actually back it up with science back habitat studies and all encompassing flora studies that pertain to way more then just deer, then bob the pulpit pounding superior ethical grandstander, that only took 3 quarters(one was to blood shot) and backstraps but left trimming and organ meat for the coons, that also wasted and tossed half his whataburger in the trash after lunch. Irony

Maybe we would should look in our very own mirrors before we start projecting about others hunting traditions

End of the day an animal dies, it’s how we glorify it that typically screws us in the non hunting crowd. We have a RECORD BOOK that glorifies an animals antler size as to its relevance... think about that for a second. Most hunters couldn’t explain why and what that system “originally” represented. Sad

Re: Hornography [Re: txshntr] #7538469 06/20/19 04:57 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

And the list goes on....

There are a few on this thread that I know for a fact would argue that no one should be allowed to build a HF at all, not saying you are one.
My point is that there are many issues within our community that non-hunters would find unethical (including HF) .......depending on how you presented it to them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^**********

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Hornography [Re: Choctaw] #7538532 06/20/19 12:11 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
To me what hurts hunting the most in the eyes of non hunters is not HF-LF but pictures like the one on here a while back of a person lying beside a dead Deer..And also when taking pictures of your trophy don't take it with a fence in the back round. Quite a few years back I had some hunters here from Germany. When they took an animal they displayed the respect the animal deserved. Just my 2 cents as always.

Re: Hornography [Re: don k] #7538570 06/20/19 12:55 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by don k
To me what hurts hunting the most in the eyes of non hunters is not HF-LF but pictures like the one on here a while back of a person lying beside a dead Deer..And also when taking pictures of your trophy don't take it with a fence in the back round. Quite a few years back I had some hunters here from Germany. When they took an animal they displayed the respect the animal deserved. Just my 2 cents as always.

100%

A lot of guys on this thread that want the boat sank and have no issues shooting holes in the boat and tossing fellow hunters out and watching sharks eat them, just so the sharks aren’t as hungry for them when the boat does sink.

If everyone would of just checked their motives, egos and paddled together the sharks are insignificant

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Hornography [Re: Choctaw] #7538593 06/20/19 01:09 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Amazing to me some can get apoplectic about others having an opinion different than them on HF, yet have the opinion themselves that hunters should portray themselves/communicate in a better light (which I agree with also). As if it’s not the act itself but the fact that people know about it that’s the real problem. That’s like saying stealing is or poaching is not a problem unless you get caught.

“HF is no problem just keep it out of the photos lest we put hunting in a negative light.”
“Respect the animal - but it’s fine for anyone to pen them, kill them, and call it hunting.”
“The bad ol’ record book is really the problem, not the canned hunts themselves.”

Ooooooooo............k.

Wow. Amazing what can be looked over and ignored that’s right in front of you when you’ve been raised in a HF environment.

You boys have fun. smile

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hornography [Re: Choctaw] #7538596 06/20/19 01:16 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
BTW, policing is policing. If you are willing to say hunters should do this but shouldn’t do that on any issue, you can’t then come on here and accuse others of being “divisive” or “shooting holes in the boat” when they disagree with you on a different issue.

I.E. You can’t attack other hunters and hunter’s groups like B&C because you don’t like something they are doing and then accuse others who disagree with you on HF of being “divisive” and not “sticking together”.

That’s called hypocrisy. I get very few know what that means or even care anymore.

What that means is if y’all can have an opinion about how other hunters should portray themselves as hunters because it affects all of us who hunt, then so can those of us who have an opinion on HF hunting for the same reason.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hornography [Re: Choctaw] #7538617 06/20/19 01:50 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Seems the Author & his article got the reaction he was after, notoriety, stirring up controversy & vocalizing uneducated opinions with little reliance on fact.

Now days, it works every time.

Didja know the aflatoxin in deer corn kills more quail every year than predators & hunters combined...
So hunters that use corn feeders are responsible for the decline in quail numbers.

Not really 100% true but anyone can make up crap that many will take as fact on face value alone.

Re: Hornography [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7538622 06/20/19 01:52 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
BTW, policing is policing. If you are willing to say hunters should do this but shouldn’t do that on any issue, you can’t then come on here and accuse others of being “divisive” or “shooting holes in the boat” when they disagree with you on a different issue.

I.E. You can’t attack other hunters and hunter’s groups like B&C because you don’t like something they are doing and then accuse others who disagree with you on HF of being “divisive” and not “sticking together”.

That’s called hypocrisy. I get very few know what that means or even care anymore.

What that means is if y’all can have an opinion about how other hunters should portray themselves as hunters because it affects all of us who hunt, then so can those of us who have an opinion on HF hunting for the same reason.

You do it all the time. Your hypocrisy is sickening. An example:

You make statements like you did in this thread about HF hunting being for the rich who want to guarantee themselves a big buck and are willing to pay for the bragging rights.......

How much do you pay for your sheep hunts? Why are the success rates so high? $20,000+ per hunt pays for hours and hours of scouting for the guides that set up your hunt where you can practically set your watch for when the ram shows up. All you have to do is not huff and puff too much to make the shot. Have you discussed this type of hunt with the non hunting public for their approval? NO. Would they be ok with it? NO. But your ok with it because your hypocrisy rules the day......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hornography [Re: Choctaw] #7538631 06/20/19 02:01 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
PP all that comparison goes to show is that you know next to nothing about sheep hunting.
But I get it - if you can’t respond to the point then attack the poster. It’s your stock in trade.

Re: Hornography [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7538634 06/20/19 02:03 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
PP all that comparison goes to show is that you know next to nothing about sheep hunting.

I doubt the forum members would agree with you......and you know nothing about what I know.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hornography [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7538635 06/20/19 02:04 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

I doubt the forum members would agree with you......and you know nothing about what I know.

Lol your posts speak for themselves. Anyone who compares mountain sheep hunting to penned deer hunting reveals all one needs to know.

Re: Hornography [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7538641 06/20/19 02:12 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

Lol your posts speak for themselves. Anyone who compares mountain sheep hunting to penned deer hunting reveals all one needs to know.

Please school me then....you can start by answering my 2 questions: How much do you pay? What's the success rate?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hornography [Re: Choctaw] #7538647 06/20/19 02:18 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
And then it starts to go down hill...until the next time boys cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6