Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget #7536301 06/17/19 08:58 AM
hetman Offline OP
"Trash Master"
OP Offline
"Trash Master"
Is There a Connection Between Aluminum and Alzheimer’s Disease

Think of all the things in your life that contain the soft, silvery metal aluminum. The 13th element on the periodic table is a light, durable material that has plenty of commercial applications, and you can find it in everything from that roll of aluminum foil in the kitchen and cooking pots to antacid tablets and personal products such as antiperspirant.

Though it’s one of the most widely distributed metals in the environment, it’s not a nutritive mineral, meaning that unlike calcium or sodium, our bodies don’t need aluminum to survive. In fact, in very large doses aluminum can become toxic, and therein lies a concern about how it may have a negative effect on the brain. For years, aluminum has been suspected as potentially playing a role in the development of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, but conclusive evidence has been difficult to find.

Alzheimer's Causes:

Forgetfulness and memory loss.
Loss of ability to problem-solve or multitask.
Difficulty performing familiar tasks.
Confusion or disorientation, particularly around time and place.
Difficulty interpreting visual information.
Loss of language ability.
Decline in judgment skills.
Mood disturbances, such as depression or increased irritability.

****** You sure this is just not the beer in Aluminum Cans?*************************

( Link )

[Linked Image]

"Lesser mortals are pitied for the misfortune in not being born Texan."

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536311 06/17/19 10:37 AM
glens Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Beer in cans,,, I'm toast.

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536316 06/17/19 11:31 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
I think everyone is ok to keep drinking beer and soda out of aluminum cans since Alzheimer’s has been around centuries before the use of aluminum cans. The aluminum can was first available in 1965 and didn’t come in to popular use until the 70’s when Coors started to use them. When studies find an association between two things it does NOT mean one thing CAUSED the other thing to happen.

There is a million dollars and a Noble prize waiting for whoever finds a cure for Alzheimer’s!

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536321 06/17/19 11:47 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Aluminum cans have liners.

What I want everyone to do is get rid of their aluminum pots, and stamped steel skillets lined with Teflon that is chipping off. Stsinless steel pots, and cast iron skillets says I.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536339 06/17/19 12:41 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Bottles for me.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536365 06/17/19 01:14 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I prefer bottles, but unfortunately some of the locally made beers don't have a bottle option.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536367 06/17/19 01:24 PM
J
jeffnsa Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
J
The united states lead the world in cholesterol lowering medication and have the highest amount of Alzheimer's. your brain is made up of cholesterol and yet we keep trying to lower it because it might lead to heart attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO87n8ECb_s

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536371 06/17/19 01:37 PM
S
snoopy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
We've reading and hearing of this kind of "new research" about any and everything since the 70s, that I can remember. It's about finding SOMETHING to keep those grants coming.

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: J.G.] #7536373 06/17/19 01:43 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Drinking beer out of cans is for neanderthals anyway, no one on here would do such a thing.

Charlie

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: CharlieCTx] #7536376 06/17/19 01:50 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx

Drinking beer out of cans is for neanderthals anyway, no one on here would do such a thing.

Charlie

Few months later after this video was posted, he got raided by DEA for running a massive meth lab

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536384 06/17/19 01:57 PM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Check this out: http://www.thincs.org/ I haven't looked at that site in a while. The last time I did there was a lot of evidence against Statins.

I know everyone has their stories. Whether there truly is a connection between Statin meds and Alzheimer's is I'm sure debatable. But there is some evidence.

Years ago my dad started having memory issues immediately after starting a Statin drug, I think Lipitor. Mom took him off the medicine right then. It didn't matter. It went downhill from there. He passed away in 2014 from Alzheimer's.

I have another relative that had the same experience with Lipitor. He immediately quit the medicine and his memory is great now--no further problems. That wasn't the only bad side effect either. He had major muscle issues as well.

If you search online you can find numerous stories. I found one story about a woman that started having memory issues right after starting a Statin. She went on a cruise and forgot her meds. She decided to wait until she got back and resume her meds. By the time she got back from the cruise she noticed her memory was better. She quit the meds and steadily improved.

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536386 06/17/19 02:03 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
So your tell me it's the coke that did this? I'll be darned another myth solved! cool2

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: J.G.] #7536432 06/17/19 02:47 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Lakhota
I think everyone is ok to keep drinking beer and soda out of aluminum cans since Alzheimer’s has been around centuries before the use of aluminum cans. The aluminum can was first available in 1965 and didn’t come in to popular use until the 70’s when Coors started to use them. When studies find an association between two things it does NOT mean one thing CAUSED the other thing to happen.

There is a million dollars and a Noble prize waiting for whoever finds a cure for Alzheimer’s!

What I want everyone to do is get rid of their aluminum pots, and stamped steel skillets lined with Teflon that is chipping off. Stsinless steel pots, and cast iron skillets says I.

That would lead to a good case that cast iron skillets might be the cause of Alzheimer

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: dogcatcher] #7536437 06/17/19 02:52 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

That would lead to a good case that cast iron skillets might be the cause of Alzheimer

I read something on MSN the other day about everyday items that are known to cause cancer.... lol we may as well hang it up because practically everything in this world causes cancer!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536490 06/17/19 03:53 PM
S
sweetwood Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Deodorant has metals in it too.

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: redchevy] #7536502 06/17/19 04:05 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by redchevy

I read something on MSN the other day about everyday items that are known to cause cancer.... lol we may as well hang it up because practically everything in this world causes cancer!

Reading MSN causes brain hemorrhages.

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536504 06/17/19 04:09 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Buddies wife thew out all plastic. Said it caused cancer. I begged to differ and asked for scientific evidence...

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536554 06/17/19 05:12 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Beer in bottles is far better anyway.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536559 06/17/19 05:21 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
After them 25% aluminum tariffs, glass it will be.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: sweetwood] #7536565 06/17/19 05:38 PM
DeRico Online Sick
Mobius 1
Online Sick
Mobius 1
Originally Posted by sweetwood

So does Tyson’s chicken

[Linked Image]
Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536570 06/17/19 05:43 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
So does powersocks

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: sweetwood] #7536655 06/17/19 07:52 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U

Deodorant does not. Anti-persperant does.

Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: unclebubba] #7536674 06/17/19 08:23 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by unclebubba

Deodorant does not. Anti-persperant does.

It doesn't really matter, because I am sure everybody will eventually die.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: dogcatcher] #7536688 06/17/19 08:45 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Um, you got that backerds.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: You Canned Beer/soda drinkers are going to forget [Re: hetman] #7536696 06/17/19 08:53 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Some times I forget what I just posted.

Also, sometimes I forget what I just posted.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide