September is the the "Off season"... great shooting, just not may from the US that want to go in Sept.
The hunt itself is $1090. Add about $400 for licenses and gun rental, and about then tips for the bird boy and staff.
We are seeing flights between $1400 and $1900, depending on the city you start from . ( I'm luck, I have points to get me there.) The flight selection is limited because you need to arrive in the AM on the first day and depart after 4:00 PM on the last day. Otherwise, you might find cheaper flights, but you would need to spend the night in a hotel or the airport. The outfitter picks you up at the airport and its about 1 1/2 hour drive to the lodge.
The real variable is AMMO. I've seen folks that were very happy shooting a couple of thousand rounds. Both time I have been, a went through $2000 in ammo. He usually runs a special that includes the first 2500 rounds for about $1100, then its about $0.50/round.
So yea, $5K all in, if you're light on the trigger. $6K if you are heavy. $7K if you really get carried away. JJ Caceria
Day 1: Arrival to Cordoba in AM, lunch and dove hunting in the afternoon
Days 2 and 3: Full day dove hunting
Day 4: Dove hunting in the morning, lunch and transportation back to the airport
DOVE HUNTING PACKAGE
• Reception at the airport
• Meeting and customs assistance in Cordoba
• Transport airport - Estancia - airport
• 4 days dove hunting (6 shoots)
• 3 nights accommodation at La Camila Lodge (all meals included)
• Professional hunting video
• 4X4 (all terrain) transportation
• Daily gun cleaning
• Beverages: wine, sodas, beer and water
• Beverages during the hunting
• Open bar
All for US$ 1,090 per hunter
• License: US$ 65 per day per hunter
• Gun rental: US$ 65 per day per gun
• Shells: US$ 12.50 per box
• Laundry service: US$ 25