texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
andy202, DBull70, MidwestHunt, Parkman DSO, Shooteresch
68557 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 108,341
bill oxner 85,896
stxranchman 57,693
SnakeWrangler 57,222
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
Gravytrain 42,982
BMD 41,214
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics606,075
Posts11,351,576
Members83,557
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? #7507074 05/08/19 11:44 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 33,783
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 33,783
One of my wifes friends who she is always helping out gave her a $100.00 gift card to the Keg restaurant. So we went to the one at Park & N. Dallas Tollway for dinner last night.
Since both the wife and I are pretty good at cooking steaks, we both tried the fish.
I have put a grade at the end of each dish.

Started off with Bacon wrapped Scallops (I Love Scallops) they were tasty but just okay tasty. B-
Wife had the Salmon and even though it looked delicious her comment was its okay, she gave me a good size chunk and she was right. C, Her veggies were very good B+
I had the Halibut with ground up/rice Cauliflower and other veggies. Halibut C, Cauliflower bland F other veggies B.
We had desert wife had Creme Brulee she said it tasted burnt C-. I had Hot Fudge Sundae, Brownie tasted like dry cake and there was No Hot Fudge, ice cream okay. D.

Our waiter was nice good personality and provided good not great service and shared that he is studying to be a financial advisor laugh
Okay the bill is $96.58 the wife asked me how much to tip I said give him $20.42 for a total of $117.00

So he hands us the check and the wife says here use this $100.00 gift card and gave him a credit card and said charge $17.00 on it for a total of $117.00 pretty simple right?
He comes back and took $79.58 off the gift card and $17.00 on her credit card which equaled the bill $96.58 oh the fun had just begun nuts
The wife reiterates that he was to use the whole $100 on the gift card and charge $17.00 on her CC to pay for the meal and his tip for a total of $117.00.
So he says they will cancel her $17.00 CC charge and add that to the gift card confused2 hammer
I interject and said we want you to use the whole $100. on the gift card and charge $17.00 on our credit card to pay for the meal and provide you with a tip, do not cancel the $17.00 charge on our CC, just use the balance off the gift card? This went over our financial advisors/waiters head so he got the manager.
So after a 5 minute discussion with the manager they finally got it.

I hope their steaks are much better than their seafood and our waiter has a backup plan for his other career.

I would not recommend this place to a friend, where do y'all like to or not go to?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]



Last edited by Stub; 05/08/19 12:45 PM.

texas flag

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7507077 05/08/19 11:57 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,829
T
topwater13 Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,829
For the price....the keg is pretty good. I usually get the filet, so I can't comment on the seafood.

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: topwater13] #7507123 05/08/19 12:48 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 33,783
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 33,783
Originally Posted by topwater13
For the price....the keg is pretty good. I usually get the filet, so I can't comment on the seafood.


The place had a good crowd for a Tuesday night so they must be doing something right? If we ever get another gift card there, it will be Steak only.

Last edited by Stub; 05/08/19 12:48 PM.

texas flag

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7507136 05/08/19 01:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 6,146
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 6,146
Those scallops look small and cute, at a high end restaurant I would expect the big ones not ones that look like I bought at heb. Hey you live and you learn, now you know.


It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt
Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7507164 05/08/19 01:35 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,044
H
HoldPoint Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
H
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,044
We’ve been there once; haven’t been back

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7507183 05/08/19 01:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,158
F
fredeboy Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,158
Surf and Turf Cedar Park Texas. Have eaten there several times and always good

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7507567 05/08/19 08:44 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 33,783
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 33,783
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Those scallops look small and cute, at a high end restaurant I would expect the big ones not ones that look like I bought at heb. Hey you live and you learn, now you know.


If I would have had my thinking cap on I would have taken the Bacon off so I could have had more Scallop flavor hammer Nah the bacon was actually the best part roflmao

In reality for $17.00 our money it was a pretty darn good meal, if I would have had to pay for the whole Enchilada I wold be ranting big time nuts


texas flag

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7507576 05/08/19 08:54 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 26,000
B
bigbob_ftw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 26,000
I miss Bill Martins.


[Linked Image]
Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7507658 05/08/19 10:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,158
F
fredeboy Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,158
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
I miss Bill Martins.


Yeah me to. That was good food!

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7507711 05/08/19 11:15 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,448
J
jetdad Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
J
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,448
That crème brulee doesn't look very good.

BigBob, do you remember before Bill Martin's it was Zuider Zee?

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: jetdad] #7507744 05/09/19 12:06 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 26,000
B
bigbob_ftw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 26,000
Originally Posted by jetdad
That crème brulee doesn't look very good.

BigBob, do you remember before Bill Martin's it was Zuider Zee?


Been there. Not bad.


[Linked Image]
Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7507846 05/09/19 01:46 AM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,933
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,933
Originally Posted by Stub
One of my wifes friends who she is always helping out gave her a $100.00 gift card to the Keg restaurant. So we went to the one at Park & N. Dallas Tollway for dinner last night.
Since both the wife and I are pretty good at cooking steaks, we both tried the fish.
I have put a grade at the end of each dish.

Started off with Bacon wrapped Scallops (I Love Scallops) they were tasty but just okay tasty. B-
Wife had the Salmon and even though it looked delicious her comment was its okay, she gave me a good size chunk and she was right. C, Her veggies were very good B+
I had the Halibut with ground up/rice Cauliflower and other veggies. Halibut C, Cauliflower bland F other veggies B.
We had desert wife had Creme Brulee she said it tasted burnt C-. I had Hot Fudge Sundae, Brownie tasted like dry cake and there was No Hot Fudge, ice cream okay. D.

Our waiter was nice good personality and provided good not great service and shared that he is studying to be a financial advisor laugh
Okay the bill is $96.58 the wife asked me how much to tip I said give him $20.42 for a total of $117.00

So he hands us the check and the wife says here use this $100.00 gift card and gave him a credit card and said charge $17.00 on it for a total of $117.00 pretty simple right?
He comes back and took $79.58 off the gift card and $17.00 on her credit card which equaled the bill $96.58 oh the fun had just begun nuts
The wife reiterates that he was to use the whole $100 on the gift card and charge $17.00 on her CC to pay for the meal and his tip for a total of $117.00.
So he says they will cancel her $17.00 CC charge and add that to the gift card confused2 hammer
I interject and said we want you to use the whole $100. on the gift card and charge $17.00 on our credit card to pay for the meal and provide you with a tip, do not cancel the $17.00 charge on our CC, just use the balance off the gift card? This went over our financial advisors/waiters head so he got the manager.
So after a 5 minute discussion with the manager they finally got it.

I hope their steaks are much better than their seafood and our waiter has a backup plan for his other career.

I would not recommend this place to a friend, where do y'all like to or not go to?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]



For a Canadian chain, decent, not great. In Canada, they seem to be better than US.

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7507856 05/09/19 01:56 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,073
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,073
Trulucks for seafood. Go prepared to spend $200+


Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
"The Bigley Group"
Premier Legacy Real Estate, LLC.
www.PremierLegacyRealEstate.com
WDews@premierlegacyrealestate.com
214-356-2410

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7508215 05/09/19 02:39 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,375
C
cannon88 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
C
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,375
The wife and I used to frequent Trulucks but they have really gotten more expensive over the last few years. Was always a good meal though. The Keg has never blown me away, I don't understand why they are so popular. Way better options around here.


texas
Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7508298 05/09/19 03:57 PM
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,759
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,759
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
I miss Bill Martins.



I do too Bob. Dad and I used to go to the original on White Settlement Rd. at Roaring Springs. Just a little white bldg. at the bottom of the hill. Best seafood ever, flown in daily fresh.


"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7508622 05/09/19 11:47 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,080
C
Cajun Raider Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,080
Scallops ,in Texas and generally the South, are usually Sting Ray; at least that is what a former cook at Barton Creek said. Now, will only order Scallops when we are on the NE coast. Bill Martins was great back in the day.


Don't talk the talk if you didn't walk the walk.
Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7508781 05/10/19 03:53 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 11,459
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 11,459
Saturday we went to III Forks. Always pretty solid. Had the filet and crab legs.
Plus a couple of old fashions.

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Roll-Tide] #7508799 05/10/19 04:43 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,319
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,319
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Saturday we went to III Forks. Always pretty solid. Had the filet and crab legs.
Plus a couple of old fashions.



Hope you used the 25% coupon they mail out monthly!

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7509061 05/10/19 03:35 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,450
C
CCBIRDDOGMAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,450
We are taking Mom to our favorite steak place Saturday afternoon for Mothers day.


Four Winds in Wills Point.


Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.


Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7509423 05/11/19 01:13 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,073
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,073
Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
We are taking Mom to our favorite steak place Saturday afternoon for Mothers day.


Four Winds in Wills Point.



Can I be your long lost son? I'll pay for my own meal.


Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
"The Bigley Group"
Premier Legacy Real Estate, LLC.
www.PremierLegacyRealEstate.com
WDews@premierlegacyrealestate.com
214-356-2410

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: BigPig] #7509479 05/11/19 03:06 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 19,305
2Beez Offline
The Beedazzler
Offline
The Beedazzler
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 19,305
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
We are taking Mom to our favorite steak place Saturday afternoon for Mothers day.


Four Winds in Wills Point.



Can I be your long lost son? I'll pay for my own meal.


That place is legit!!!


[Linked Image]
Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Stub] #7509538 05/11/19 06:39 AM
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,631
H
hetman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
H
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,631
Remington's in Addison flehan


[Linked Image]

You made a mistake
You got the wrong guy
I’m only guilty of a damn good time

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Txduckman] #7510062 05/12/19 01:10 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 11,459
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 11,459
Originally Posted by Txduckman
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Saturday we went to III Forks. Always pretty solid. Had the filet and crab legs.
Plus a couple of old fashions.



Hope you used the 25% coupon they mail out monthly!


What?????
I know of no such coupon. Do tell

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: Roll-Tide] #7510539 05/12/19 10:39 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,319
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,319
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Originally Posted by Txduckman
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Saturday we went to III Forks. Always pretty solid. Had the filet and crab legs.
Plus a couple of old fashions.



Hope you used the 25% coupon they mail out monthly!


What?????
I know of no such coupon. Do tell


It's in this book. I get one mailed every qtr I think. There is a mobile app on the site but haven't tried it. https://bestofguide.com/dining/

Re: Steak & Seafood Places Where to and Not to Go? [Re: 2Beez] #7510980 05/13/19 03:42 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,450
C
CCBIRDDOGMAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,450
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
We are taking Mom to our favorite steak place Saturday afternoon for Mothers day.


Four Winds in Wills Point.



Can I be your long lost son? I'll pay for my own meal.


That place is legit!!!


It was soo good! I gave in and tried the chicken fried steak ( I know, How could I not get a rib-eye right?) It was the most delicious CFS I have ever eaten, whipped taters and green beans went well with it.


Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.


Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3