Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: bronco71] #7524320 06/01/19 03:25 AM
hetman Offline OP
"Trash Master"
OP Offline
"Trash Master"
Originally Posted by bronco71
Following, interested in stem cell too. Doc says both need replaced but wants to wait a year until I am 65. .

Waiting don't really help - check if you are up for partial knee replacement instead of total- if your doc cant do a partial send me a PM, and I will tell you who can. It keeps 95% of your original OEM knee I am 64 now also. I could have done this several years ago but funny thing doc was not offering a partial .

It takes 2 x-rays and about 20-30 min to figure out if you can be fixed with a partial knee replacement - doing 2 at once was a little much,. a single knee would not be as bad . My problem when I said yes to fix both was I knew from research & friends that had it done - they would have played heck getting me back to do the 2nd knee after 6months or so. plus you only have to deal with it one time

Last edited by hetman; 06/01/19 03:37 AM.

[Linked Image]

"Lesser mortals are pitied for the misfortune in not being born Texan."

Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: hetman] #7524324 06/01/19 03:41 AM
B
bronco71 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
cool, I'll send a pm tomorrow. He said the reason for waiting is due to the replacement having a limited life before needing replaced. I have had a lot of x-rays over 9 months and 2 MRI's, he looked at them and said full replacements. Won't hurt to get a second opinion...

Last edited by bronco71; 06/01/19 03:43 AM.
Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: hetman] #7524333 06/01/19 03:55 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
God Bless Steve, hang in there buddy !!!

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: hetman] #7524373 06/01/19 12:14 PM
hetman Offline OP
"Trash Master"
OP Offline
"Trash Master"
I have found getting up from a low chair or couch with double knee surgery to be very hard and painful especially with nothing to pull yourself up with.

If I ever hit the ground not sure I will be able to get back up without help- not willing to test this theory at this point.

Its a shame too - I found our living room couch perfect for naps & doing my different exerc ises- all the curves etc fit my body just perfect. But after having to get back on my feet yesterday & last night(tried sleeping on couch, was great) except the part about getting to a standing position by myself . my knees /legs/calves muscles are saying NO NO NO

[Linked Image]

Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: hetman] #7524409 06/01/19 01:39 PM
T
txmudder Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Hoping and praying for a quick recovery for you Steve!

You should have been here yesterday!
Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: hetman] #7524529 06/01/19 05:56 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Heal up soon Steve. Prayers up for you!

My problem when I said yes to fix both was I knew from research & friends that had it done - they would have played heck getting me back to do the 2nd knee after 6 months or so. plus you only have to deal with it one time

A friend of mine has had a full replacement twice on the same knee. Now they are wanting to do the other one and he's not ready for that yet!

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: MikeC] #7524615 06/01/19 08:32 PM
hetman Offline OP
"Trash Master"
OP Offline
"Trash Master"
Originally Posted by MikeC
Heal up soon Steve. Prayers up for you!

My problem when I said yes to fix both was I knew from research & friends that had it done - they would have played heck getting me back to do the 2nd knee after 6 months or so. plus you only have to deal with it one time

A friend of mine has had a full replacement twice on the same knee. Now they are wanting to do the other one and he's not ready for that yet!

I totally understand that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just FYI my doc has been fixing other Doc knee's that have failed for one reason or another. I would have your friend go to a 2nd Doc & maybe one that is doing partial knee/ full Knee and see what they say. 2 xrays & 20-30 min and you would have a answer.

[Linked Image]

Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: hetman] #7524876 06/02/19 04:39 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
DId they not give you an ice machine that runs over them and recirculates?

[Linked Image]
Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: Bee'z] #7524886 06/02/19 05:37 AM
hetman Offline OP
"Trash Master"
OP Offline
"Trash Master"
Originally Posted by 2Beez
DId they not give you an ice machine that runs over them and recirculates?

2 ICE MACHINES & 2 battery powered / air bladder leg squeezer

well I figured out why I was getting up and down so often last night. At least once per hour to piss. should have known any time I am doing ,that its a kidney stone
And sure enough I passed one today . I just chocked up all the extra body aches & pain to leftover surgery pain. But I had been jumping up all night and stressing my left leg as it seemed to be best out of the 2 . Bottom left leg swelled to 2x normal. Contacted my PH rehab lady ( striper fishing on Texoma) and she told me to run the leg squeezers & ice pak machines until she can see me on Monday. I have been using them on and off today but it has not reduced the swelling all that much, it did do some good. It is not a good thing to have kidney stones and knee surgery all at the same time. That's what I am doing up right now finding it very hard to get comfortable. I knew going in this was going to hurt & x2 with both knees being done but I seem to be pushing that pain level pretty hard. The way my leg swelled up is putting a dent in my exercise routine . As early as Friday I had actually been ahead of the game on both legs as far as movement was concerned (being able to straightened to full extension and bend back underneath body) the exercise routines were actually doing good and even though they hurt . None of this is the surgeons fault . But I would like to keep going forward without all this other stuff getting in the way. I am setting up tonight because I just cant figure out how to get comfortable without drugging my self to la la land. I have a friend from our THF forum/lease that's in the hospital now / went in the day I was getting out and he is going thru procedure's and things that make what happened to me a walk in the park. And he is worried about what is going on with me. Makes me feel bad not handling this very well compared to what he is having to endure.

Last edited by hetman; 06/02/19 06:15 AM.

[Linked Image]

Re: partial knee replacement surgery. [Re: hetman] #7526365 06/04/19 01:04 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Hang in there Steve. It will be worth it I promise. I had both of mine replaced almost 2 years ago now, and everything said here is true.....hurts like hades, PT hurts like hades but you have to bust your assss and do it, keep ice on it, get off the pain meds as soon as possible. It took prabably a year to regain all the flexibility that i will every have, and there are still dead spots on the outside of my knees from cutting through the nerves, but it's a small price to pay for being pain free, which I am for the first time in 33 years. You can do it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide