Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: Gumbeaux] #7494866 04/23/19 05:06 PM
P
pigslayer10 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
I keep one just under the front seat. Holster is strapped under the seat. Easy to reach with my right hand and not visible unless you open the driver door and look under the seat.

I pocket carry a lot and it's not easy to get to when sitting down. So when driving, my set up is perfect. Can post pics later if not making sense.

I've thought about that. What kind of holster did you put under the seat? I'm trying to avoid drilling holes since I just got a new truck 2 weeks ago and don't want to go that extensive just yet.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494891 04/23/19 05:50 PM
TX_LT230FH Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by pigslayer10
I keep one just under the front seat. Holster is strapped under the seat. Easy to reach with my right hand and not visible unless you open the driver door and look under the seat.

I pocket carry a lot and it's not easy to get to when sitting down. So when driving, my set up is perfect. Can post pics later if not making sense.

I've thought about that. What kind of holster did you put under the seat? I'm trying to avoid drilling holes since I just got a new truck 2 weeks ago and don't want to go that extensive just yet.

I took one of the cheap Uncle Mike cordura holsters and zip-tied it under the seat to the seat wire. The holster fits a 4" revolver fine, and some smaller pistols will even fit in it while in their holsters.

[Linked Image]
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: TX_LT230FH] #7494992 04/23/19 08:08 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by TX_LT230FH

I took one of the cheap Uncle Mike cordura holsters and zip-tied it under the seat to the seat wire. The holster fits a 4" revolver fine, and some smaller pistols will even fit in it while in their holsters.

Ditto. Same here. I have a cordura holster zip-tied under the seat to the frame. It has the snap strap on it but it super easy to release.

[Linked Image]
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: BigPig] #7495030 04/23/19 09:03 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by Toxarch
From what I have been told, if it can be seen from anywhere outside the vehicle, it's not considered concealed and not legal even with an LTC. LTC only applies to a weapon on your person.
Mine sits vertically in the center console.

The Castle Law carries over to your car, truck, boat, airplane. Anything you can have in the home, you can have in your vehicle. So it doesn't matter if a firearm is concealed or not. A trooper pulled me over a few years ago, for a trailer taillight out. I had an LR-308, wearing a suppressor butt down in the passenger floorboard. He never said a word about it.

WRONG!

A handgun in a vehicle has to be concealed unless you have a LTC, in which case it doesn’t have to be concealed but must be in either a waist holster or shoulder holster.

You had a rifle, which is allowed to be carried in public in Texas, much different laws than a handgun.

I'm not saying you're incorrect, but I've gotten pulled over a few times with the pistol in the door pocket by my foot, officer approaches from passenger side and can clearly see the gun. Simply give him a courtesy notification that I do have a gun by my foot, and they usually reply with something like "don't reach for yours and I won't reach for mine." This happened a few times before I got my LTC and I never had any kind of issues. I think it just depends on the officer and how he/she wants to handle the situation. Just my thoughts

That’s good, because I’m not wrong at all, I even posted the law for you to read.

[Linked Image]

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: BigPig] #7495035 04/23/19 09:08 PM
P
pigslayer10 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
[quote=Toxarch]From what I have been told, if it can be seen from anywhere outside the vehicle, it's not considered concealed and not legal even with an LTC. LTC only applies to a weapon on your person.
Mine sits vertically in the center console.

The Castle Law carries over to your car, truck, boat, airplane. Anything you can have in the home, you can have in your vehicle. So it doesn't matter if a firearm is concealed or not. A trooper pulled me over a few years ago, for a trailer taillight out. I had an LR-308, wearing a suppressor butt down in the passenger floorboard. He never said a word about it.

WRONG!

A handgun in a vehicle has to be concealed unless you have a LTC, in which case it doesn’t have to be concealed but must be in either a waist holster or shoulder holster.

You had a rifle, which is allowed to be carried in public in Texas, much different laws than a handgun.

I'm not saying you're incorrect, but I've gotten pulled over a few times with the pistol in the door pocket by my foot, officer approaches from passenger side and can clearly see the gun. Simply give him a courtesy notification that I do have a gun by my foot, and they usually reply with something like "don't reach for yours and I won't reach for mine." This happened a few times before I got my LTC and I never had any kind of issues. I think it just depends on the officer and how he/she wants to handle the situation. Just my thoughts

That’s good, because I’m not wrong at all, I even posted the law for you to read.

[Linked Image]

[/quote]

No need to get defensive, just simply saying a lot has to do with the officer and their discretion. Appreciate the info

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7495060 04/23/19 09:38 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Bring it to me. I'll happily drill holes in a brand new truck. smile

I completely replaced the bed on a brand new Laramie dually.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7495062 04/23/19 09:40 PM
S
Stratgolfer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
The holster I have is a JM4. It has magnets in the flap for IWB carry. Being a lefty, I place the holster in the driver door slot in my F150. The magnet, when flapped open, sticks to the speaker.

"I was called by the Yorkers a outlaw, and later by the english a rebel" Ethan Allen
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7495199 04/24/19 01:37 AM
E
erathar Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
I cannot remember the name or where I saw it, but a while back I saw a lock box that looked almost spring loaded and would essentially launch your handgun into your hand. I wish I could remember the name. Maybe someone will come up with it.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: erathar] #7495260 04/24/19 02:36 AM
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by erathar
I cannot remember the name or where I saw it, but a while back I saw a lock box that looked almost spring loaded and would essentially launch your handgun into your hand. I wish I could remember the name. Maybe someone will come up with it.

You guys all must live in rough areas or are up to no good.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7495261 04/24/19 02:39 AM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Put the pistol anywhere you want it. In a plastic bag like a Walmart bag or one darker. What ever it takes to not see it. You just pick it up and start shooting. No reason to remove it from the bag.

I’m surprised I haven’t saw that in here. It may not be classy but I can’t think of a better way to have it exactly where you want it.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: scottfromdallas] #7495275 04/24/19 03:06 AM
E
erathar Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by scottfromdallas

Guilty on both. I live in the ghetto and sell on the black market. Need any of the goods?

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: erathar] #7495286 04/24/19 03:23 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Guilty on both. I live in the ghetto and sell on the black market. Need any of the goods?

I'm good.
roflmao

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: erathar] #7495419 04/24/19 01:22 PM
C
ckat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: scottfromdallas] #7495420 04/24/19 01:23 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker

I also have smoke alarms, CO detectors, and fire extinguishers in the house. I've come a lot closer to pulling the gun than I have to pulling the fire extinguisher in my life.

I'm a firm believer in better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: Gumbeaux] #7495428 04/24/19 01:35 PM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

I also have smoke alarms, CO detectors, and fire extinguishers in the house. I've come a lot closer to pulling the gun than I have to pulling the fire extinguisher in my life.

I'm a firm believer in better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I get it. Mine is in the center console. I never felt the need to create some spring loaded gadget or special holster to draw it faster.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7495638 04/24/19 05:11 PM
P
pigslayer10 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
Well I found a set up I'm gonna try. Go-Magnet has a 3M adhesive backed steel plate that doesn't require any drilling and can go anywhere I want it to. For $25 I figured I'd give it a shot. Shipped this morning and should be here early next week so we'll see!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide