Page 1 of 2 1 2
Truck "Holster" #7494446 04/23/19 02:09 AM
P
pigslayer10 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
What kind of set are you guys running inside your truck for pistols? I'm looking for something that will keep the gun somewhat concealed but easily accessible since drawing from behind my back isn't very practical while sitting in the driver seat. There was a website I found a few years ago that I believe was out of Texas who made an interesting set up and saw lots of good reviews for, but I can't seem to remember what it was called.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494452 04/23/19 02:30 AM
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I running mine in my center console.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494506 04/23/19 04:35 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Owb at 3:00

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494509 04/23/19 04:39 AM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
Console or IWB 3 o'clock. I have a holster that will clip to the side of the center console at my right knee. I like it, but it gets in the way of my leg room.

I've seen some that have a set up between your legs and hugs the front of the seat.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494518 04/23/19 06:40 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
OWB 4 o’clock

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: BigPig] #7494519 04/23/19 06:58 AM
D
DH3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Get a magnet on the steering column.

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494523 04/23/19 09:09 AM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
From what I have been told, if it can be seen from anywhere outside the vehicle, it's not considered concealed and not legal even with an LTC. LTC only applies to a weapon on your person.
Mine sits vertically in the center console.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494559 04/23/19 11:34 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Nylon holster with industrial velcro attached to front if drivers seat. Cant be seen and I don't have to open anything to retrieve firearm.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494596 04/23/19 12:32 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Marathon seat covers make an option for an open pocket at the front of the driver's seat.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494605 04/23/19 12:43 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
OWB 3 o'clock.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: Toxarch] #7494627 04/23/19 01:03 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Toxarch
From what I have been told, if it can be seen from anywhere outside the vehicle, it's not considered concealed and not legal even with an LTC. LTC only applies to a weapon on your person.

The Castle Law carries over to your car, truck, boat, airplane. Anything you can have in the home, you can have in your vehicle. So it doesn't matter if a firearm is concealed or not. A trooper pulled me over a few years ago, for a trailer taillight out. I had an LR-308, wearing a suppressor butt down in the passenger floorboard. He never said a word about it.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494630 04/23/19 01:09 PM
C
Crews Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
One big rule of concealed carry is to always have it on your person, then you always have it should you need it (God forbid.) Sounds like you do carry, but in the small of you back. Not only is that a bad place to get to it while you're driving, it's a bad place to get to it any other time as well. Adjust your carry style to IWB right behind the point of your hip, or AIWB. All problems solved, no truck holster needed.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: J.G.] #7494673 04/23/19 01:43 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

The Castle Law carries over to your car, truck, boat, airplane. Anything you can have in the home, you can have in your vehicle. So it doesn't matter if a firearm is concealed or not. A trooper pulled me over a few years ago, for a trailer taillight out. I had an LR-308, wearing a suppressor butt down in the passenger floorboard. He never said a word about it.

WRONG!

A handgun in a vehicle has to be concealed unless you have a LTC, in which case it doesn’t have to be concealed but must be in either a waist holster or shoulder holster.

You had a rifle, which is allowed to be carried in public in Texas, much different laws than a handgun.

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494675 04/23/19 01:44 PM
P
pigslayer10 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
So when I carry, its IWB just about the 3:30 to 4 o'clock position. I appreciate the replies, I like where I carry and can access it just fine on my person while not in the truck. I'm looking for a set up strictly for my truck, as in the gun is no long on my person while I'm in the vehicle. It doesn't have to be completely concealed so that's not as big of a concern as accessibility is to me.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494677 04/23/19 01:45 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
[Linked Image]

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: BigPig] #7494682 04/23/19 01:49 PM
P
pigslayer10 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
Originally Posted by BigPig

WRONG!

A handgun in a vehicle has to be concealed unless you have a LTC, in which case it doesn’t have to be concealed but must be in either a waist holster or shoulder holster.

You had a rifle, which is allowed to be carried in public in Texas, much different laws than a handgun.

I'm not saying you're incorrect, but I've gotten pulled over a few times with the pistol in the door pocket by my foot, officer approaches from passenger side and can clearly see the gun. Simply give him a courtesy notification that I do have a gun by my foot, and they usually reply with something like "don't reach for yours and I won't reach for mine." This happened a few times before I got my LTC and I never had any kind of issues. I think it just depends on the officer and how he/she wants to handle the situation. Just my thoughts

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494684 04/23/19 01:52 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by pigslayer10
So when I carry, its IWB just about the 3:30 to 4 o'clock position. I appreciate the replies, I like where I carry and can access it just fine on my person while not in the truck. I'm looking for a set up strictly for my truck, as in the gun is no long on my person while I'm in the vehicle. It doesn't have to be completely concealed so that's not as big of a concern as accessibility is to me.

To be legal, if it is not physically on your person, it must be fully concealed to be legal.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494688 04/23/19 01:55 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by pigslayer10

WRONG!

I'm not saying you're incorrect, but I've gotten pulled over a few times with the pistol in the door pocket by my foot, officer approaches from passenger side and can clearly see the gun. Simply give him a courtesy notification that I do have a gun by my foot, and they usually reply with something like "don't reach for yours and I won't reach for mine." This happened a few times before I got my LTC and I never had any kind of issues. I think it just depends on the officer and how he/she wants to handle the situation. Just my thoughts

Just keep it concealed. It isn't a hard thing to do.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494691 04/23/19 02:03 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
I carry appendix carry at 12:30 and put my shirt and seatbelt in between my body and the gun so it’s ready to go and there is nothing impeding the draw. Most people don’t carry appendix though so this isn’t an option for some.

[Linked Image]

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494699 04/23/19 02:11 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
have handgun under black towel in passenger seat, AR pistol in unzipped case behind console

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: BigPig] #7494716 04/23/19 02:28 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

WRONG!

Thank you for the correction.

Still can have a handgun, without an LTC, in the vehicle, but it must be concealed. Correct?

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494764 04/23/19 03:05 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Gum Creek Vehicle Handgun Mount. Mounts under the steering wheel..

Last edited by snake oil; 04/23/19 03:09 PM.

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: J.G.] #7494812 04/23/19 03:55 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

WRONG!

Thank you for the correction.

Still can have a handgun, without an LTC, in the vehicle, but it must be concealed. Correct?

Yup.... up

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: Choctaw] #7494831 04/23/19 04:21 PM
P
pigslayer10 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Just keep it concealed. It isn't a hard thing to do.

I completely agree, I'm just looking for a truck holster to do this. I've got an alien gear that I use on my person and love, but I want something specifically for the truck. Never intended for this to turn into a "legal battle." Simply looking for what kind of setups guys are currently running in their trucks.

Re: Truck "Holster" [Re: pigslayer10] #7494863 04/23/19 05:00 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I keep one just under the front seat. Holster is strapped under the seat. Easy to reach with my right hand and not visible unless you open the driver door and look under the seat.

I pocket carry a lot and it's not easy to get to when sitting down. So when driving, my set up is perfect. Can post pics later if not making sense.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide