My .02 Cents on this Subject has always been shoot the does later in the season, After the Rut, because it is usually Colder than the start of the Season and it is better to let the deer hang in that cooler/colder weather. Also, I want to keep the area that I/we hunt quiet during the start of the season so the Does will hang out and feed on our place and let the neighbors shoot and make noise and then drive them to us. I have always felt like don't shoot your BAIT because all it takes is ONE DOE to go into heat and the bucks will show up. I feel it doesn't matter if you shoot a doe later in the season and she is pregnant vs. shoot her in the early part of the season before she gets pregnant because whether or not she is pregnant, A DEAD DEER IS NOT GOING TO GIVE BIRTH. I see the argument about the Buck/doe ratio being low and that fewer amount of does that you have then the Bucks have to show themselves to find one. The other side of the Coin is that I don't like to cull bucks (unless needed) and that way there is more Competition (whether they are a spike or small fork horn etc..) for the Big Boys to come out and show themselves and fight off the young ones... JMHO!!!!!

Signed,

LET 'EM GO, LET 'EM GROW!!

Last edited by Aggiedukmaster; 05/08/19 09:33 PM.

"ALWAYS BE YOURSELF: BECAUSE THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND, AND THOSE WHO MIND...................DON'T MATTER"