Forums46
Topics537,996
Posts9,731,563
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Rifle Bipod Recommendations [Re: Goodo Texas Boy] #7491726 04/19/19 06:13 PM
C
ccoker Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
learning to shoot without a perfect rest, i.e., bench/bipod is one of the most important things you can spend time on after you have the basics and safety down.
Learning to shoot accurately and quickly and just as important is knowing when NOT to shoot and let it walk if you can't get a good shot set up in time to be 100% confident.

This short video shows a buck come in, the one we were looking for.. being windy the deer were skittish, a few came in, poked around for a few seconds and then were gone..
This buck came in and was acting the same way.. I told my son "he's going to leave, get on him fast but don't rush the shot" he executed perfectly, deer made it less than 50 yards.
Just shows that stuff happens fast, you need to be able to adapt, move within a blind, get setup, stable and be able to shoot accurately.. not bad for a 14 year old

Re: Rifle Bipod Recommendations [Re: ccoker] #7493093 04/21/19 03:33 PM
G
Goodo Texas Boy Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
G
Originally Posted by ccoker
learning to shoot without a perfect rest, i.e., bench/bipod is one of the most important things you can spend time on after you have the basics and safety down.
Learning to shoot accurately and quickly and just as important is knowing when NOT to shoot and let it walk if you can't get a good shot set up in time to be 100% confident.

This short video shows a buck come in, the one we were looking for.. being windy the deer were skittish, a few came in, poked around for a few seconds and then were gone..
This buck came in and was acting the same way.. I told my son "he's going to leave, get on him fast but don't rush the shot" he executed perfectly, deer made it less than 50 yards.
Just shows that stuff happens fast, you need to be able to adapt, move within a blind, get setup, stable and be able to shoot accurately.. not bad for a 14 year old

Thank you ccoker for sharing this video.

Are you suggesting I should learn to should free from bench or blind window? For example, just standing up and shoot like the guy below? He kills 3 hogs with his rifle with 3 shots standing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNz9tGF_Oyo&t=229s

Your son is very blessed young man to have a great father to guide him and show him how to hunt the right way.

Great shot by your son

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide