Print Thread
Father's Day - Father/Child Hunt #7465224 03/22/19 04:11 PM
J
JABHunting Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
I'm offering a Father/Child hunt in honor of Father's day at our place in Hondo. Dad and their child of any age are welcome!

Rams of all sorts that have up to a full curl, maybe a little more- $550

Female Blackbuck, Axis, Aoudad - $550

Watusi meat hunt $1850

Huge Watusi Bulls $2550

Bison full grown $3100

Water Buffalo $2550

There are some other animals available but remember it will be hot and there are not many antlered animals ready except Axis. There are other horned animals that I will discount if you want to add them but the primary purpose of this hunt is to manage #'s and provide a reasonably priced experience.

This is arrive Friday evening or Saturday morning and depart Sunday after lunch.

In spite of what you read elsewhere, if you charge for lodging in Texas you need a Hotel Tax Permit and have to collect Hotel tax. I don't have the permit so you may stay at the ranch as our guest and there is no additional fee. Furthermore, if I prepare and serve you food I would need a Food Handlers Permit (at least) and/or a Food Establishment License, which I don't have. So we will either cook what you bring in the full indoor or outdoor kitchen or go into town to eat (your choice).

You don't have feeders. We will hunt safari style to locate animals. Once they are located we will spot-and-stalk. Air-conditioned modern vehicles, no high-racks or UTV's. If we need to be close (bow for example) we may jump into a ground blind or pop-up to ambush them. I can accommodate any limitations or disabilities. We love bow hunting, crossbow and muzzleloaders. Your choice of method of take. We will utilize around 500 acres of the ranch for this hunt.

There are trophy largemouth bass, yellow bass and hybrid in the pond and you may catch and release at no extra charge.

5 BR with multiple set-ups to accommodate up to 16 people, a living room, den, help-yourself bar and 2 full BA.

Walk-in cooler on site. Staff can skin and quarter or prepare for taxidermist (please tip for these services). You can do-it-yourself if you'd like with the provided tools.

PM for a reservation and provide your #. I will follow up with phone call.

JR

Re: Father's Day - Father/Child Hunt [Re: JABHunting] #7465287 03/22/19 05:22 PM
L
Lazyman Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
L
Any javelina by chance

Re: Father's Day - Father/Child Hunt [Re: JABHunting] #7465311 03/22/19 05:46 PM
J
JABHunting Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
No Sir.

Re: Father's Day - Father/Child Hunt [Re: JABHunting] #7466961 03/24/19 01:23 PM
J
JABHunting Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
I have answered several questions via PM but the most common seems to be about the pricing. The pair of parent and child just pay the one price listed for one animal. The other of the pair can still fish, lodge, shoot at our range, eat and come along on the hunt. Should the second person of the pair want to shoot something also I will discount whatever you want. Same goes if you have Two parents accompanying one child or one parent with two or more children. I will discount every animal after the first for your other shooters. Next most common question: Yes there are hogs and many other animals, The intent of this hunt is not to target animals not on my list BUT if you see something you want to try for we will discuss the details and price before you get going and I will discount off of the usual price. I listed Blackbuck does and Axis does, what about males? There are two distinct herds of Blackbuck. One has some males that range from 16-19" that I would consider taking one of. There are two separate herds of Axis and each has a variety of bucks up to "trophy" class 30+". Again, I would let one go on a case-by-case basis for a reduced price. There is room for a camper but no hook-up. We have a perfectly good lodge at no additional cost but if you are an RV'er then bring it. Apparently I made it sound like you could not use a rifle or handgun. What I said is that we love other methods of take and commonly cater to those methods. You may bring any legal implement for your hunt. There are 2 Father/Son pairs signed up. I would like to have 3 more pairs before I cut it off. PM for confirmation. Thanks

Re: Father's Day - Father/Child Hunt [Re: JABHunting] #7471538 03/28/19 05:49 PM
J
JABHunting Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
I just took a reservation and had a question about taking a credit card. I do not take cards but will take check, money order or PayPal. I don't need a deposit for this hunt as the animals are there already. I had a question that was "Do you take a credit card and what is the fee?" It is illegal in Texas to collect a credit card surcharge. If an outfitter is doing this to you, contact www.occc.state.tx.us and make a complaint. The Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner handles this. I don't take cards so this doesn't apply, but you should never be paying a credit card fee - an many outfitters are charging one and even posting it right on their websites. If you would like a spot on this hunt offer, just PM and I will call you. We will set it up and you pay when you're done hunting. Thanks

Re: Father's Day - Father/Child Hunt [Re: JABHunting] #7472060 03/29/19 02:18 AM
M
Mwhuntfish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Do you have any mouflon?

Re: Father's Day - Father/Child Hunt [Re: JABHunting] #7472316 03/29/19 01:24 PM
J
JABHunting Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
J
I have a small group of 9 that are wandering around. They are all trophy sized males.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide