Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by helomech
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
I noticed in the link there are no pics. I am willing to bet I can describe the owners home, and how there kids act and dress without any additional information. I have never seen a mean pit that was raised even half assed. The mean ones are almost always raised in the same types of environments, by the same people that commit the rest of the crimes in our society.

It’s my understanding they were at Irving animal hospital at the time. She went to deal with them because she works there and that’s where this went down?

I want to see pics or video if it exists and I agree with you sir

Would love some pics of the owner and their home.

Owner dead. They killed thier owner

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Bullfrog] #7467705 03/25/19 12:51 AM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Ohdangit
You've got to know the breed of dog and hiw to raise them. Any dog can be a loaded gun if you dont raise them right. Read a study that several university's did and you are more likely to get bit by a lab ,heeler,and one other cant remember than by a pit. I have had pits and Rottweilers my whole life and never a problem. The pits are stronger than the others is my guess to why people get killed or hurt worse and you here more about it. To each their own but believe its all in how you raise and teach them.

Yep. They (pits) have more ability to inflict damage if they do get pi$$y. Never found a rott that didn’t want to lick me to death. Buddy had one that lived in a manufactured home in Roanoke. That thing would run through walls for a tennis ball! RIP Sampson . . . . . . and Jake.

Sounds like my pit/lab mix.

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Bullfrog] #7467710 03/25/19 12:53 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

It’s my understanding they were at Irving animal hospital at the time. She went to deal with them because she works there and that’s where this went down?

She had went to the clinic to feed her dogs that were already quarantined because of a previous attack on somebody.

The attack took place about 11:45 a.m. at O'Connor Animal Hospital, where the two dogs had been quarantined after a biting incident earlier this month, police said.

Johana Villafane, 33, of Irving had visited the facility to feed the dogs when she was attacked in an outside exercise area.
When staff noticed they hadn't seen the woman in some time, they went to check on her. They found her bloody on the ground, being attacked by the two dogs, and called 911.
Responding officers arrived to find the dogs still attacking the woman and wouldn't let anyone get near her. An officer then shot and killed the animals.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Lazyjack] #7467728 03/25/19 12:59 AM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Lazyjack
I noticed in the link there are no pics. I am willing to bet I can describe the owners home, and how there kids act and dress without any additional information. I have never seen a mean pit that was raised even half assed. The mean ones are almost always raised in the same types of environments, by the same people that commit the rest of the crimes in our society.

Is that true? I would still like to see how they where raised, and would bet he probably has a record. Good dog owners raise good pits.

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Ohdangit] #7467766 03/25/19 01:14 AM
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Ohdangit
You've got to know the breed of dog and hiw to raise them. Any dog can be a loaded gun if you dont raise them right. Read a study that several university's did and you are more likely to get bit by a lab ,heeler,and one other cant remember than by a pit. I have had pits and Rottweilers my whole life and never a problem. The pits are stronger than the others is my guess to why people get killed or hurt worse and you here more about it. To each their own but believe its all in how you raise and teach them.

You are ignoring "instinct", what dogs were bred to do. Lab for example, bred to retrieve. You don't have to teach them to retrieve, they do it naturally, you can't stop them from retrieving. Just throw a stick, it triggers their instinct and they fetch. Pits are bred to kill, so no matter how they are raised that trigger is there. I'm not saying they should be ban, just stating facts.

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7467769 03/25/19 01:14 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
My agency shoots dozens of dogs a year that attack us on calls. In 24 years I’ve never seen us have to shoot a dog that’s not a pit. The viciousness is bred into them and can’t be undone by how they are treated. If I could push a button and exterminate every one of them I would.

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7467847 03/25/19 01:53 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Once heard a judge say that 95% of all dog attack cases he has seen are Pitbulls.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7467874 03/25/19 02:09 AM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I applaud the facility for making the owner come and feed her dogs. It's clear it saved the life of an employee.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Texas Dan] #7467881 03/25/19 02:15 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
I applaud the facility for making the owner come and feed her dogs. It's clear it saved the life of an employee.

Since they were under quarantine the clinic might have violated a few state laws. I would think a quarantine is where the animals are separated and not in contact with other animals or people.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: helomech] #7467886 03/25/19 02:21 AM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E

I think you would lose that bet. Seen several pics very nice place and kids very well dressed.

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7467888 03/25/19 02:25 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Lazyjack

Is that true? I would still like to see how they where raised, and would bet he probably has a record. Good dog owners raise good pits.

What article did you read? It was a woman, she was the owner. She was feeding them at an animal clinic where they were being quarantined for biting someone else before this happened. Half of that information is available in just the headline of the OP. The rest is in the first two paragraphs.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7467896 03/25/19 02:31 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7468422 03/25/19 04:26 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
spam

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Cast] #7468458 03/25/19 04:58 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Cast
You guys that hate pits, are y’all afraid of pits?

Asking for a friend...

Im not afraid of them, but my 4 year old is. Had the renters across the street with a huge pit come on my property growl at me and come towards me instead of away before. If I would have had a gun it would be a dead dog. Instead it ran when I came at him with a chunk of 2x4. Thankfully those neighbors moved out and there are some respectable people living there now.

Ive only been bitten by 3 breeds of dogs in my life, a dachshund, a lab, and a fox terrier. The dachshunds were my own dogs fighting over food, and the other two were dogs I took food/food related containers away from.

I have no respect or trust for pits and will never have one. You cannot argue the facts, look at any of the sources for dog attacks and pits are overwhelmingly the culprit. Add to that their size and ability to do harm and to me it is just a no brainer.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Guy] #7468464 03/25/19 05:01 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by rickym
Lots of pit bulls are great dogs, there’s plenty that aren’t and those are the ones you hear about. You never see when a lab or other dogs attack people on the news. You see and hear what the man wants you to.

They are all great until they attach someone. You are playing russian roulette with one. You play russian roulette with every dog, but with pit bull you are playing a much more dangerous game. These are facts.

[Linked Image]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...ous-dog-breeds-infographic/#e6a9e1b62f8b

That is just fatalities. The number of people seriously wounded is much higher. When you look at the statistics, one thing that you may notice is there are very few adult male fatalities. When a man decides to get a pit and it kills or maims someone, most likely it is not the man who pays the ultimate price for his bad decision. That price is usually paid by a child.

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Palehorse] #7468475 03/25/19 05:08 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Palehorse
That price is usually paid by a child.

Yep like any other animal they pick on something they view as vulnerable.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7468542 03/25/19 06:18 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
“ You play russian roulette with every dog”

A chihuahua will barely leave a mark but they’ll dern sure bite you as you walk away. People don’t think much of it.
A big dog does the same thing, you could lose a toe!

Large dogs(ALL dogs) it ALL comes down to the owners of the pet raising, training and knowing their pet. Even Skinnerback’s brother should have read his animal well enough to know he/she was somewhat agitated when his daughter got bit because of a full house/loud. A dog should be trained to know what’s ok or not.

My dog and I were playing one day and I got a little rough with him, in his playful nature he did too and he caught me by accident. He cowered and started walking away because he knew not to bite humans. I also don’t put up with any sort of aggression to anyone I let in the house. I’ll stop everything and adress his behavior right then and there. If he bites someone, it’s on me for not making sure it wouldn’t happen.

Just like owning a gun. It’s 100% the owner’s responsibility to know damn good and well it won’t hurt anyone else without them pulling the trigger. They bought it, they assume responsibility.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7468608 03/25/19 07:32 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Everyone has opinions on pits, and I am just one more, but I will not trust them around other animals or small children. Agree, 99.9% may never cause a problem, but the .1% can have dramatic consequences. A buddy of mine had the sweetest dog (Pit) I had ever been around unless another animal showed up. It was shocking how aggressive this sweet dog became - to the point even his owner could not contain him without risking serious injury.

He lived on a ranch and one morning found the remains of a calf in a feed pen. First he attributed it to coyotes, until he saw that the pit had matted blood all over him. Another time we were working cattle horseback and the pit, who had been around the horses quite a bit, out of the blue attacked one of the mounted horses. The horse, of course (Mr. Ed) went crazy and threw the guy riding and ran at full gallop across a field and into a fence. Luckily only scrapes and minor cuts with no broken bones for rider or horse, but this could have been, at a minimum, hugely expensive if not outright catastrophic.

That was really my first exposure to pit bulls, and again, for those that love them, I am sure they will never have a problem, but that early experience has caused me to be wary. I know other dogs have their problems, but I have just never personally seen the level of aggression that a pit bull can display.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7468620 03/25/19 07:42 PM
D
Dry Fire Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
My first wife had two true loves. Golf and her beagle. When she walked the beagle, she carried a old 3 iron. I took pity the other poor dogs that got in her way.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7468621 03/25/19 07:44 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
-I had one a long time ago. I kept him in a cage when people came to the apartment. One “lady friend” had a little daughter that would go and look at him. Innocently, she would look him in the eyes for just enough time to make him think she was showing aggression to him. He’d start growling and I’d end it quickly but it made me realize just how volition dogs in general can be.

-startle ANY dog, especially in their environment, I don’t care what breed it is, you’ll see an abnormal reaction that could be bad. This is usually what happens to kiddos. They wake a sleeping dog by jumping on it and all heck breaks loose

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7469084 03/26/19 03:03 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
please dont judge what im about to say... i was young and stupid..ive fought roosters fought pit(staffordshires) and bred and raised and sold both..and i can tell you it didnt take me long to quit..when its a choice of my kids life or a 1000$ brood bitch..well i chose my kid..my daughter was eating a piece of chicken when my prized brood bitch decided she wanted it and she dang near took her hand off..that was on me..my mistake..a mistake i could no longer make..i took the brood bitch behind the barn and put a bullet in her head..as a family man i had to make some choices..it was easy.. thats when i turned to other hobbys that are more kid friendly..i read these stories everyday..i bred and fought these dogs for years..and i am ashamed to admit it..i love animals...i love my kids more!

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7469105 03/26/19 03:19 AM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
I am a huge dog lover and believe there are good pits, but won’t take a chance. I evicted a tenant that had a pit I did not know about. I have seen many chained to a tree in the yard.

Big Beckett!!
Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: ntxtrapper] #7469112 03/26/19 03:22 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
My agency shoots dozens of dogs a year that attack us on calls. In 24 years I’ve never seen us have to shoot a dog that’s not a pit. The viciousness is bred into them and can’t be undone by how they are treated. If I could push a button and exterminate every one of them I would.

This. They should all be gone.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Roll-Tide] #7469122 03/26/19 03:36 AM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Just looked up her fb. She was a spanish lady with a couple of kids, no prison tats, looked like her house and yard were pretty dang nice, hell she was trying to sell a BMW 3 series just last week on marketplace. Does this fit helomech's stereotype of a "bad" pit bull owner?

Re: Pit Bulls kill owner in Irving. [Re: Ramball36] #7469127 03/26/19 03:48 AM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by Ramball36
Just looked up her fb. She was a spanish lady with a couple of kids, no prison tats, looked like her house and yard were pretty dang nice, hell she was trying to sell a BMW 3 series just last week on marketplace. Does this fit helomech's stereotype of a "bad" pit bull owner?

Yep also college educated who worked at SMU

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide