Print Thread
TPWD secret processes #7458928 03/15/19 11:06 AM
F
fishbait Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
F
Why do TPWD keep secrete the way they treat ranches. They will not inform us how your neighbor gets tags...they will not let us know if your neighbor is on a level of management. I can only guess...they are issuing a special process that could affect the neighbors. I want P&W to operate open so we can see a problem where a problem exist. We should see a map of our area and know what is going on...so we could see things that help or hurt our areas. We could work as partners ...hence why we have coops. Coops that don't reflect problems you and your neighbors have is just fake process. If you and your neighbors are not talking about problems then the process of coops fails. However, I don't know if hunters want to work together to address issues. Some may not want to let neighbors know how many deer they harvest...especially if they believe they are harvesting more than the other ranches. Things will not change....just wanted to know what hunters think. Why areas are short of deer and others have plenty in the same county. Now they are going to allow us to take does by license tags which gives every hunter two tags each rather than a certain number per ranch. This process is not managing hence is why we went to tags/ranch.
This should stir everyone up...lol

Re: TPWD secret processes [Re: fishbait] #7459059 03/15/19 02:01 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
If you chose to hunt in a county that has a lot of small properties and low acres per hunter, you always think it's the neighbors fault.
Being in that close proximity of 2 major cities hunting pressure is just flat high, it becomes a fine blurry line of managing game and managing hunters.

It's not a secret that some properties inside the same county just support and hold more deer.
Either improve habitat, increase acreage per hunter to become a more desirable property, or, barring that it becomes he who whines loudest management system.

Not much different than fishing in a lake, one guy fishes in one spot catches 2 fish all day, another guy fishes the same lake in a much better spot limits out in 2 hours.
Your county is the lake, plenty of fish & easy to catch if you know where the best habitat is, the other guy fishes the same spot over & over and wonders why he doesn't catch more fish. But he doesn't whine to TPWD get special permits, joins a coop, or wants them to reduce the other guys limit in the same lake/county.

What if the neighbors got together petitioned TPWD to cut your tag numbers by 70%, that certainly would help them wouldn't it.

Re: TPWD secret processes [Re: fishbait] #7459173 03/15/19 03:47 PM
H
Hunt Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Do you really want your neighbors to know everything about your business?

The same rules that apply to you apply to them and most of those rules are easy to find. The big variable is amount of land.

Re: TPWD secret processes [Re: fishbait] #7459181 03/15/19 03:56 PM
E
easton1025 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Ask your neighbors.......There are not many ways you can go as far as MLD... And it was not a difficult process... The biologist in our area came out... He looked at our water sources..food plots..supplemental food sources.. native brush and we drew up a survey route... The rest was up to us to submit... When a 120 acres sold of our lease we asked the new owner if they would be interested in maintaining the MLD status and they happily obliged.. We just hand them the tags issued for their 120 acres...

Re: TPWD secret processes [Re: easton1025] #7459474 03/15/19 11:38 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by easton1025
Ask your neighbors.......There are not many ways you can go as far as MLD... And it was not a difficult process... The biologist in our area came out... He looked at our water sources..food plots..supplemental food sources.. native brush and we drew up a survey route... The rest was up to us to submit... When a 120 acres sold of our lease we asked the new owner if they would be interested in maintaining the MLD status and they happily obliged.. We just hand them the tags issued for their 120 acres...

That there is a smart feller.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: TPWD secret processes [Re: fishbait] #7462496 03/19/19 05:44 PM
T
tx_biologist Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Its all about confidentiality, some landowners want their information private. Its easier to work with people that way. Just think about it, would you want to the bio air out what he/she found on your property? Deer quality, endangered species, oil/gas, water etc... people are funny and tend to keep private in those matters.

Re: TPWD secret processes [Re: fishbait] #7464413 03/21/19 05:59 PM
K
kk66 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
If you want to work as partners with the neighbors it may be best to approach the neighbor directly to ask and offer ot share information. Personally, I would rather have the control over what the neighbors know about what I'm doing rather than have the state decide that.

I mean how you keep and maintain the inside of your house affects my property values if we're next door neighbors. Should I have the right to make the gov't tell me what you're doing in your living room?

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide