Page 1 of 2 1 2
ATN X-Sight Experiences #7429224 02/09/19 08:37 PM
W
Wheelin' Outdoorsman Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
I have been considering the ATN X-Sight Series as a multi-use optic.

If it does everything it claims, it seems like a great value.

I am particularly interested in feedback regarding using it across platforms, i.e. on more than one rifle.

Also, how effective is it for hog hunting at night?

Thanks!

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
TurningPOINT & Team Challenge
www.turningpointnation.org
"To develop self-esteem and confidence in the physically challenged through participation in adapted outdoor adventures"
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429251 02/09/19 09:08 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
peep

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429257 02/09/19 09:12 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
A person will get on here and tell you that it's a wonderful product and a great value. That person will not be me.

Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: ntxtrapper] #7429267 02/09/19 09:23 PM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
A person will get on here and tell you that it's a wonderful product and a great value. That person will not be me.

Any particular feedback on what you didn't like?

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
"To develop self-esteem and confidence in the physically challenged through participation in adapted outdoor adventures"
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7429268 02/09/19 09:23 PM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
peep

What the heck does that mean? LOL

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429313 02/09/19 10:11 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Wheelin' Outdoorsman
peep

If this was an old western movie and you asked what you asked in the town saloon, all the voices would go quiet, heads would turn, and the barkeep would tell you, "Mister, we don't want no trouble 'round here."

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 02/09/19 10:12 PM.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7429334 02/09/19 10:32 PM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
peep

If this was an old western movie and you asked what you asked in the town saloon, all the voices would go quiet, heads would turn, and the barkeep would tell you, "Mister, we don't want no trouble 'round here."

ROFLMAO!!

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429343 02/09/19 10:40 PM
B
BigDad Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
Do a search in the Optics section regarding ATN. Feedback on customer support is terrible.

Joe
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: BigDad] #7429348 02/09/19 10:44 PM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted by BigDad
Do a search in the Optics section regarding ATN. Feedback on customer support is terrible.

Thanks Joe. I was actually just in there a little earlier and have found some info.

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429352 02/09/19 10:48 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
I bought their original x sight and it didn't work as promised. They released a product that wasn't ready. Go read the reviews on the new Xsight on Optic Planet or any site that Atn doesn't control and looks like not much has changed. I hunt with Thermal but have a photon on a loner gun that still works great. When the new photon comes out Wraith HD 4-32x50 I will order one.

Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Espy] #7429370 02/09/19 11:12 PM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted by Espy
I bought their original x sight and it didn't work as promised. They released a product that wasn't ready. Go read the reviews on the new Xsight on Optic Planet or any site that Atn doesn't control and looks like not much has changed. I hunt with Thermal but have a photon on a loner gun that still works great. When the new photon comes out Wraith HD 4-32x50 I will order one.

Thank you Espy

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7429458 02/10/19 12:45 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
peep

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429471 02/10/19 12:53 AM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
I have the X Sight HD and after updated and getting accustomed to the quirks....I like mine a lot.

It is on my 300 Blackout and it is a lot of fun. 500yds with the ballistic calculator and sonic ammo is easy.

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: 5Redman8] #7429597 02/10/19 03:58 AM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Thanks for the input 5Redman8. I found it interesting you mentioned "quirks". Any additional details on them?

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429618 02/10/19 04:22 AM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
The controls and interface are not as intuitive as some electronics. There is just a bit of learning curve before I was comfy relying on it hunting.

You are welcome to meet me sometime to try mine and get a quick lesson.

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429641 02/10/19 04:51 AM
Gringocazador Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I’m glad I don’t know what it is.

Thanks, Billy
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429643 02/10/19 04:55 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
I had one and never had any issues thankfully. It was pretty heavy and very limited for what it was and I know people use them to kill stuff. I never got mine zero'd for what it is worth.

[Linked Image]
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: 5Redman8] #7429672 02/10/19 06:17 AM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
I'll shoot you a PM. I would like to take you up on your offer sometime.

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429862 02/10/19 04:05 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I owned an ATN along with a Photon. The concept of the ATN is cool, but it really doesn't work all that well. The ATN is a much better daytime scope and the Photon crushes the ATN at night. I mainly wanted a night vision scope, so that's why I kept the Photon.

Sightmark's customer service was first rate the only time I had to deal with them. I walked into their office with an original model that wasn't functioning properly and walked out with a newer version. I explained to them I was going on a hunt and couldn't wait for a repair and the manager said no problem, "here's a brand new scope." The new scope happened to be a newer version with more magnification.

Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7429877 02/10/19 04:27 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Friends don't let friends buy ATN products, unless he has a hot wife and you're looking to sow a little discord. BigJoe's points were spot-on and the recommendation for the Photon is a good one, anything Pulsar/FLIR for a Thermal is a much better choice.

Don't forget ATN are Russian fanboys, ATN-Russia story flag

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7429894 02/10/19 04:43 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
peep

Incredible response. A+

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: bigjoe8565] #7430589 02/11/19 05:07 AM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
I owned an ATN along with a Photon. The concept of the ATN is cool, but it really doesn't work all that well. The ATN is a much better daytime scope and the Photon crushes the ATN at night. I mainly wanted a night vision scope, so that's why I kept the Photon.

Sightmark's customer service was first rate the only time I had to deal with them. I walked into their office with an original model that wasn't functioning properly and walked out with a newer version. I explained to them I was going on a hunt and couldn't wait for a repair and the manager said no problem, "here's a brand new scope." The new scope happened to be a newer version with more magnification.

Thanks BigJoe for the input. I like the customer service feedback for Sight Mark. That is always a huge bonus and learning that they are a local Texas company is cool too.

Outside of the reports of poor customer service, did the ATN actually perform well for use during the daytime? I like that the ATN records and claims to be useable on different platforms without re-zeroing. I work a lot with disabled kids and being able to put the scope on various calibers and youth sizes would be helpful. Especially to use the video function.

Do any of the SM stuff allow normal daytime use?

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: CharlieCTx] #7430591 02/11/19 05:10 AM
W
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
Friends don't let friends buy ATN products, unless he has a hot wife and you're looking to sow a little discord. BigJoe's points were spot-on and the recommendation for the Photon is a good one, anything Pulsar/FLIR for a Thermal is a much better choice.

Don't forget ATN are Russian fanboys, ATN-Russia story flag

Thanks Charlie. I have had some limited experience with the FLIR Thermal but due to a limited budgeted, I was really hoping for a unit that would allow for good day and night use and allow recording. The bonus with the ATN was being able to use it across platforms without always re-zeroing. But the reports of horrible customer service really bothers me.

Interesting read on the Russian Espionage of Night Vision case too. Thanks

Last edited by Wheelin' Outdoorsman; 02/11/19 05:39 AM. Reason: added comment

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: Wheelin' Outdoorsman] #7431283 02/11/19 10:00 PM
B
BassBuster1 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
I bought mine used for shooting pigs after dark and ended up trading it off, it was heavy and just did not work for me. With top of the line IR light I could not clearly make out targets at 60 yards.

Re: ATN X-Sight Experiences [Re: BassBuster1] #7431324 02/11/19 10:28 PM
JDP Ranch Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Originally Posted by BassBuster1
I bought mine used for shooting pigs after dark and ended up trading it off, it was heavy and just did not work for me. With top of the line IR light I could not clearly make out targets at 60 yards.

It is certainly heavy... though I was able to see targets out to 100 yards with a mid-range IR (Streamlight Super TAC) using the X-Sight 2 HD. The key is to position the IR in the right spot. Mounting it on the X-Sight caused the image to be washed out. I ended up mounting mine under the barrel of an AR.

Not trying to defend ATN, but I always thought the performance was acceptable for the price point. I've heard of many horror stories about customer service and quality. Fortunately, mine didn't have any issues so I never had to contact their customer service.

This feeder is at 110 yards. I could tell the difference between deer and hogs at that distance. I had the 5-20 model.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide