Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,711
Posts9,728,049
Members87,036
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? #7396137 01/05/19 07:56 AM
T
thehuntersight Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
If you could enter and access from anywhere you had cell service or internet? From your phone, computer, or tablet all your records would be at your fingertips. You could share them with friends, lease members, or neighbors. Edit or delete

Here is a video showing you how simple it is- If you can get on this website you are tech savvy enough

https://youtu.be/qucAHh49p6M

Bryce Stone
Founder of The Hunter Sight LLC
thehuntersight.com
You Tube - The Hunter Sight
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7396478 01/05/19 08:45 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Doubtful....maybe for a high fence ranch managing animals but where and how we hunt....little if any value... 2cents

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7396497 01/05/19 09:30 PM
T
TexasKC Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I'm not that serious about deer hunting nowadays. I'm about to the point where I would just as soon sit on the back porch and watch for hogs.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7396735 01/06/19 03:15 AM
T
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
I do not hunt high fence or on a big ranch. I hunt 20 acre to 100 acre cow pastures but I like to put out protein for the deer. I am looking into growing food plots but my challenge is being able to fence off the cows from grazing it down before it gets started. I get if you don't care to use corn feeders, protein, or grow food plots but I don't think you have to be rich to want to do that. I know that I am not.

You don't have to be a landowner either, this would be great on a lease to collaborate with other members and share records. I get if you aren't that into hunting and it is just something you do to kill time, but for those that are really passionate about it this would be helpful.

If you do not use feeders or grow food plots, you may still find value in this product. Do you use trail cameras? Do you like to use satellite maps to scout areas? Interested in posting or looking for a lease? Belong to a lease? Keep up with harvests(kills)?

If you do any of those things or belong to any of those groups I can explain how this can help you.

I just assumed in a the Food plot, Minerals, Protein, and Feed and corn that hunters on here would be really interested in the nutrition feature. I mean it would be nice to see monthly consumption rates in each feeder. You could try different types of protein or brands of protein for example and see the consumption rates in each feeder over a period of time and compare to discover what the deer prefer on your property. Maybe you plant food plots, with this you can actually keep the records and see what plants or fertilize and how much per acre works best. You get to do that among all the other things I haven't even touched on for $99 a year.

Game Photos editing day/time and patterning your photos based on wind direction, moon phase, and time of day
https://youtu.be/UyqEBWjrygo

Nutrition - Food plots, Supplementation (Feeders), and Mineral sites
https://youtu.be/qucAHh49p6M

Hunt Club page - For those on a lease, ranch, managing with neighbors, or just want to share stuff with friends/family
https://youtu.be/cEF8fqE7zN8

4 min video of all features on the website
https://youtu.be/0TNK195tyGU

The actual website is https://thehuntersight.com

Bryce Stone
thehuntersight.com
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7396826 01/06/19 07:37 AM
T
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Doubtful....maybe for a high fence ranch managing animals but where and how we hunt....little if any value... 2cents

So I appreciate you responding, but it would be great help if you could elaborate. How do you guys hunt? Where do you hunt?

That would help me be able to understand and work on development on my end to build something that may of be of use to you. I am trying to build software/web app that is useful to all hunters.

Bryce Stone
thehuntersight.com
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7397101 01/06/19 08:07 PM
D
djs303 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
As far as planting food plots you can use a portable electric fence with only one wire. It will keep cows out without hindering the wildlife. Food plots are definitely a a better draw, expense wise for deer in typical year. I also use corn feeders for attractant purposes in the fall and have found that the mature bucks seldom come to the feeders but will usually hit the food plots checking for does. I have placed deer proof rings in my food plots to see the uninhibited growth of the plants.

Trail cameras are very beneficial for patterning and getting herd information and I use them year round. As far as using satellite imaging, I believe that this can be very beneficial because you can familiarize yourself with the topography of the land and narrow down possible travel routes.

As informative as it is, I don't think most small acreage hunters like myself are going to be willing to spend $100 a year on an app like the one you have created. It is probably best suited for game ranches and hunting clubs.

Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7397104 01/06/19 08:11 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You are trying to turn recreational hunting in to work. Hunting is fun, don't over think it or work at it. Go to enjoy mother nature and relax. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: djs303] #7397107 01/06/19 08:15 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by djs303

As informative as it is, I don't think most small acreage hunters like myself are going to be willing to spend $100 a year on an app like the one you have created. It is probably best suited for game ranches and hunting clubs.

Yup....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7397468 01/07/19 04:07 AM
T
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
I guess I am in the minority then as far as small acreage hunter. A small acreage hunter it is pretty easy to run game out of the area by over hunting it. We all use trail cameras (or the passionate deer hunters I know), why not use software that can actually show you if a pattern exist with a big buck. That way you aren't over hunting your stand leaving scent everywhere on days that buck isn't going to come anyway. The less frequent you can hunt a small area the better. Everyone knows that the first time you hunt an area is the best hunt you will have. It seems after the 2nd or 3rd sit the hunting area just isn't as good as when you hunt a spot for the first time that hasn't been hunted in months or years.

But I agree, ranches and people on lease will benefit the most from something like this. This isn't work to me, this is recreation but to each their own. I find it fun to keep records, but I get if your just a guy that carries a gun around in your truck or hunts off the back porch that this isn't useful at all. Thanks for the feedback djs303 that was a little more clear and good feedback.

Bryce Stone
thehuntersight.com
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7397504 01/07/19 06:17 AM
T
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
One other aspect to consider if a landowner, whether you own a lot of acres or a few acres, having a program like this program that records so much data will increase your selling power. I know that if I was buying a property or looking to lease the hunting rights of a property, I would feel more comfortable in paying full asking price if I was able to actually see the past management practices. If choosing between a couple of places I am going to choose the place that has the records to back it up so I feel I am getting what in my mind I am paying for.

For instance, if you were selling a property that you have used this website (say 3 years). Simply log in and show the prospective buyer/leasee your records in person. You could also create a Hunt Club, in which you could simply with a click of a button share all your records from your private page to the Hunt Club page. Invite the prospective buyer/leasee to the hunt club to see what management practices have been done and the type of animals to expect to see.

You can share:

Game Photos

Nutrition records (Food Plot records, Supplementation (Feeders), and Minerals)

Harvest (kill) records - You can show past photos that have the date/weather conditions stamped at time of kill. A buyer could see charts on the age structures of bucks harvested and the gender ratio of bucks to does killed

Map of your property, you can outline the boundary by drawing a polygon. Click the measurement tool, to show the total acreage of the polygon. Buyer can see for himself on the satellite map the property boundary and the acreage measured out right in front of their eyes.

Personally, I would buy the land or lease the property that has this information for me. Less risk.... Anyway, something to think about. Not only can you use the game camera feature to pattern deer and all the stuff for personal use but think of it as an investment. Pay 100 a year for 10 years, spend 1k to enjoy something and be able to get top dollar on your land when you sell. Say land is selling for 4k an acre on avg, with asking prices 5k and up, with this you may get 4.5 to 5k an acre or top asking price. Not only will the program pay for itself, but most likely will make you some money.

Last edited by thehuntersight; 01/07/19 06:21 AM.

Bryce Stone
thehuntersight.com
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7397508 01/07/19 06:37 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7397521 01/07/19 10:57 AM
T
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" I'm not here to convince those that already have their minds made up. Just simply here to show anyone else reading that there is water. Up to them to determine if this is value to them or not.

Since I created this based on my hunting experience of small parcels- 13 acres, 20 acres to 65 acres. I believe there is value to those that do. I don't believe it is limited to high fences, ranches, leases, exotics etc. I think the avg. guy that loves deer hunting that has saved up enough money to buy their slice of heaven to hunt and cultivate might like an interactive journal with analytics to assist in their pursuit of happiness

Bryce Stone
thehuntersight.com
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7398217 01/07/19 11:38 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Show us actual data and pics of the results based on the places you have done this/

[Linked Image]
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7398335 01/08/19 01:22 AM
T
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
I will play along- This is new software that just was completed and error tested. Just launched, but yes, I do have pictures and 'data' I can and in the future will be showing. I am sure you are just being a contrarian but I do appreciate the ability to post these links for those curious.

You can follow along for photos and videos You Tube channel - The Hunter Sight.

Facebook page - The Hunter Sight

Instagram - thehuntersight

All these accounts will have photos and show the features in use. There is stuff now, but a lot more to come in the future now that the software is complete.

If you create an account- like the 14 day free trial with no payment information needed (at the bottom of the website) click the green button that says 14 day free trial. You can see a video of the features and what it would look like if you actually used the website.

Bryce Stone
thehuntersight.com
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7399640 01/09/19 05:25 AM
T
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T

Last edited by thehuntersight; 01/09/19 05:30 AM.

Bryce Stone
thehuntersight.com
Re: Would you keep food plot, feeder, or mineral records? [Re: thehuntersight] #7399642 01/09/19 05:32 AM
T
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T

Bryce Stone
thehuntersight.com
Previous Thread
Index