C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
No citizens in Frisco carry a firearm?

Sheep waiting on the sheepdog to do something for them.

We have or had the largest indoor gun range in the USA here

I am sure many carry, but I doubt they carry when walking inside the subdivision on the walking trails

Not much crime up here

How does having an indoor gun range relate to your safety and carrying a firearm on your person? If you doubt they carry, then you either don't see it, or you don't carry yourself. Maybe not much crime right now, but you certainly have a coyote problem that would certainly justify carrying a firearm, especially while out walking. I don't know of a more perfect example of a person being a sheep and being attacked by a wolf. Just a coyote instead. Not carrying a firearm because you feel safe is the first time you become a victim. When I leave the house, all 4 items are on me 100% of the time- keys, wallet, phone, and pistol. I shake my head when the person is being interviewed on the news and say the same thing, "not much crime up here" or something similar after having an event. I don't know, I just have a different mind set about personal protection.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: J.G.] #7390604 12/30/18 10:43 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

I am sure many carry, but I doubt they carry when walking inside the subdivision on the walking trails

Not much crime up here

Carry every day, everywhere. No one gets to pick the day they will need their gun. It will be chosen for them, and on short notice.

Quote of the day right there

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: ChadTRG42] #7390608 12/30/18 10:46 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by ChadTRG42

Not much crime up here

How does having an indoor gun range relate to your safety and carrying a firearm on your person? If you doubt they carry, then you either don't see it, or you don't carry yourself. Maybe not much crime right now, but you certainly have a coyote problem that would certainly justify carrying a firearm, especially while out walking. I don't know of a more perfect example of a person being a sheep and being attacked by a wolf. Just a coyote instead. Not carrying a firearm because you feel safe is the first time you become a victim. When I leave the house, all 4 items are on me 100% of the time- keys, wallet, phone, and pistol. I shake my head when the person is being interviewed on the news and say the same thing, "not much crime up here" or something similar after having an event. I don't know, I just have a different mind set about personal protection.

The Police and Fire Department and city offices are outstanding up here. You call a police and they will be at your house in about 3 minutes for a regular call. People are not allowed to solicit up here, they knock you call police they are on them in a heartbeat. You never see anyone up here trying to beg, that don't fly up here.

I have never seen a police department or Fire Department more Customer Oriented than in Frisco, they are outstanding and have the latest and greatest equipment.

The gun range is here due to the demographics, you figure the rest out on your own.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7390613 12/30/18 10:49 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7390630 12/30/18 11:04 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7390649 12/30/18 11:16 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Not much crime up here

The Police and Fire Department and city offices are outstanding up here. You call a police and they will be at your house in about 3 minutes for a regular call. People are not allowed to solicit up here, they knock you call police they are on them in a heartbeat. You never see anyone up here trying to beg, that don't fly up here.

I have never seen a police department or Fire Department more Customer Oriented than in Frisco, they are outstanding and have the latest and greatest equipment.

The gun range is here due to the demographics, you figure the rest out on your own.

I work for a very customer service oriented, busy FD, with the latest and greatest equipment, and PD that is exactly in the same gear. Both of us get overwhelmed, from time to time. On scene times are not 3 minutes all of them time, not even in Frisco. Good friend of mine is an FD Captain there. They are good departments in Frisco, but your safety still depends on you.

Case in point is these attacks happening, and making the news. Where was PD? On patrol, working, somewhere else.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7390653 12/30/18 11:24 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Back to coyotes in the city.

They stay in city for a reason. The urban environment has created more opportunities. Cities are warmer with traditional and non traditional food sources. These coyotes need to take the good with the bad. They fight over territory in the city. Risk being eradicated in the city.

Frisco probably had 40 coyotes 100 years ago. Now probably 400.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: The Dude Abides] #7390672 12/30/18 11:44 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Safety is an illusion, be prepared.

^ This...100%

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: Roll-Tide] #7390674 12/30/18 11:45 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Those little rainbow Yorkies taste so good

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: Brother in-law] #7390681 12/30/18 11:54 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Those little rainbow Yorkies taste so good

roflmao

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7390864 12/31/18 03:37 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Only the best dressed dogs are allowed in Frisco.

[Linked Image]

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: pegasaurus] #7390962 12/31/18 10:52 AM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
Only the best dressed dogs are allowed in Frisco.

[Linked Image]

They are talking about those vest right now on my NextDoor Feed in the neighborhood

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: ChadTRG42] #7390963 12/31/18 10:54 AM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
When seconds count, the police are minutes away.

I will take my chances in Frisco yingyang

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7391032 12/31/18 01:22 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Doesn't anybody up there own a 12 gauge or a .22?

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7391043 12/31/18 01:43 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Not much crime up here

Yes there is. I guarantee it.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7391054 12/31/18 01:58 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Bunch of snowflakes up there.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7391060 12/31/18 02:04 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Not much crime up here

You call the police when a solicitor knocks on your door? That must be really frightening. How about just answering the door all by yourself and telling the solicitor "no thank you" ?

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7391109 12/31/18 02:40 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A bunch of California liberals up there I hear.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7391157 12/31/18 03:18 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Online Content
Bird Herder
Online Content
Bird Herder
I was in Frisco last Friday. Like a stirred up ant bed, too many people and they drive like idiots. I'd never live there.

Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: Choctaw] #7391259 12/31/18 04:43 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Choctaw
You call the police when a solicitor knocks on your door? That must be really frightening. How about just answering the door all by yourself and telling the solicitor "no thank you" ?

Why waste my time?

I just call the police and let them do their job. That way they will take care of it and not disturb hundred of people as opposed to me and everyone having to tell them no. As I said the Police are very Customer Service Friendly in Frisco, Really a great group of guys all the way up to the Mayor.

Frisco Police sells the signs so we the Citizens of Frisco don't get bothered with when we get home from work. The sign works like a charm. And if you don't have a No Soliciting Sign and they knock each person soliciting must get a permit from the city to solicit. Very smart

[Linked Image]

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: reeltexan] #7391266 12/31/18 04:46 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Most are good to live with them, since they were here first. No one keeps farm animals in the yard here, only pets.

I actually enjoying seeing the coyotes, bobcats, and tons of rabbits and we have a few deer that live across the street from me on Brinkman Ranch.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7391271 12/31/18 04:48 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
I was in Frisco last Friday. Like a stirred up ant bed, too many people and they drive like idiots. I'd never live there.

We have a lot of people who never drove until the moved to USA and Frisco and those are the idiots.

But the city has made all the streets have high speed limits and installed left turn signals and cut dedicated right turn lanes at most intersection so traffic moves fast up here.

Preston is 55 mph by my house, Eldorado is 45, and Coit is 55 mph.

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7391281 12/31/18 04:53 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Most are good to live with them, since they were here first. No one keeps farm animals in the yard here, only pets.

I actually enjoying seeing the coyotes, bobcats, and tons of rabbits and we have a few deer that live across the street from me on Brinkman Ranch.

We have the same where I live but if coyotes got aggressive we would handle that in short order.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: reeltexan] #7391289 12/31/18 05:04 PM
R
RedRanger Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
R

We have the same where I live but if coyotes got aggressive we would handle that in short order.

I am just an old redneck hillbilly living in Frisco , Not many real Texans anywhere in the Metroplex anymore, Heck it hard to find someone born in Dallas area anymore

Re: Coyote jumps fence in Frisco [Re: RedRanger] #7391294 12/31/18 05:14 PM
K
ksjmf Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K

The gun range is here due to the demographics, you figure the rest out on your own.[/quote]

Whoa man! I bet property taxes are outrageous up there! But like you said you choose where you live so you pay what it costs! No complaints!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide