Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? #7374381 12/12/18 01:34 PM
J
Jungleexplorer Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
So I was looking up the regulations for a non-related issue and I stumbled upon this regulation in the TDPW manual.

"It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft (including unmanned aerial vehicles); on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light."[/i]

If that is not a mouthful, I don't know what is. I had to read it six or seven times before I began to understand what it is saying. Basically, what I understand this sentence to say is, We really don't care if you break a bunch of other laws, but we are really serious about you not wasting the meat of the animals you kill while breaking a bunch of other laws. I know that is a little sarcastic, but that is what it seems like it is saying. It saying, As long as you are going to A: Trespass (hunted without landowner consent), B: Hunt from a vehicle on a public road (illegal), C: Hunt Big Game at night (illegal), D: Spotlight for big game (illegal); as long as you are going to break all those laws, we really, REALLY don't want you to waste the meat. LOL!

Who in the world rights this stuff? No wonder people get so confused. Talk about your oxymoron! "[i]As long as you are going to break the law, You had better NOT break THIS law
!" bang roflmao

Last edited by Jungleexplorer; 12/12/18 01:36 PM.

I'm sorry for my sins Jesus, please forgive me.

https://sorryformysins.com/

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374394 12/12/18 01:46 PM
D
D Rogers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
uhhhhhh ok, no problem

~Dustin

"Life's complicated, man, like a dang ol' Rubik's cube, man. Talkin' 'bout blue and red, man. Dang ol' get one side, dang ol' messed up th' other side, man."

-Boomhauer
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374410 12/12/18 01:58 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Well don't poach ok. The full paragraph before that was left out. Does sound weird though and would like their explanation for writing it that way. But if one made it that far and doesn't understand yet and tries to use loopholes, just sell your guns. hammer

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/...s-regulations/laws-penalties-restitution

https://tpwd.texas.gov/warden/wildlife

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374419 12/12/18 02:06 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It is illegal to waste game meat
It is illegal to hunt without landowner consent
It is illegal to kill those animals from a vehicle, boat, aircraft.
It is illegal to kill those animals from a public road.
It is illegal to kill those animals at night, or with the aid of a light.

"Write"

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374425 12/12/18 02:08 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
So I was looking up the regulations for a non-related issue and I stumbled upon this regulation in the TDPW manual.

"It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft (including unmanned aerial vehicles); on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light."[/i]

If that is not a mouthful, I don't know what is. I had to read it six or seven times before I began to understand what it is saying. Basically, what I understand this sentence to say is, We really don't care if you break a bunch of other laws, but we are really serious about you not wasting the meat of the animals you kill while breaking a bunch of other laws. I know that is a little sarcastic, but that is what it seems like it is saying. It saying, As long as you are going to A: Trespass (hunted without landowner consent), B: Hunt from a vehicle on a public road (illegal), C: Hunt Big Game at night (illegal), D: Spotlight for big game (illegal); as long as you are going to break all those laws, we really, REALLY don't want you to waste the meat. LOL!

Who in the world rights this stuff? No wonder people get so confused. Talk about your oxymoron! "[i]As long as you are going to break the law, You had better NOT break THIS law
!" bang roflmao

A really smart guy wrote it. It’s an additional charge to the other plethora of charges, shooting across fence, trespassing, shooting from road etc.

All comes down to a very easy to prove charge that aids in pleas.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374508 12/12/18 03:06 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Additional charge = more leverage against the plaintiff.

Stopbreakingthelawjerk.gif

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: J.G.] #7374519 12/12/18 03:13 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

"Write"

Plain and simple with no misspellings, you can tell this guy is not a lawyer.

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374520 12/12/18 03:14 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
It was probably added due to the fact that many poachers get a kick out of just riding around and killing wildlife from the highway, then leave it lay where it dropped. It was a loophole that needed to be plugged and adds more charges when caught.
Most people "write" things like the "Bill of Rights".

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: J.G.] #7374550 12/12/18 03:37 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

"Write"

Thank you. Not sure I could resist much longer

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374587 12/12/18 04:21 PM
C
ChrisB Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
C
Sounds like just an additional charge to compensate for the dead animal.

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: J.G.] #7374602 12/12/18 04:35 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S

"Write"

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374639 12/12/18 05:05 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Palehorse] #7374648 12/12/18 05:11 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Yeah, that was a humdinger even by our standards.

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374689 12/12/18 05:46 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
What bothers me is the state is calling a pronghorn a pronghorn antelope, which it is not. Pronghorn's are NOT antelope.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374702 12/12/18 06:00 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
troll

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7374724 12/12/18 06:22 PM
K
kk66 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer

!" bang roflmao

It's an add on charge that's easier to prove than straight up poaching. To prove poaching they've probably got to put someone as the shooter behind the gun, with this law they've just got to prove the person could've preserved the meat and didn't preserve it, that's a lot easier to prove. Not to mention that prosecutors like to stack charges to gain more leverage.

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: KWood_TSU] #7374927 12/12/18 09:21 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
What bothers me is the state is calling a pronghorn a pronghorn antelope, which it is not. Pronghorn's are NOT antelope.

Apparently TX nor other states care

I had two tags this year from another state and they both read “NR Antelope” roflmao

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7375002 12/12/18 10:19 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU

Apparently TX nor other states care

I had two tags this year from another state and they both read “NR Antelope” roflmao

No one cares. Apparently they've been called antelope so long that it's easier to let it be than educate and change.
And half the biologists probably don't know either.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375126 12/12/18 11:37 PM
J
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
You guys completely missed the point of my post. I was not asking why this law exist, which seem to be what most of you thought since you tried to explain the reason for its existence. My point was about the wording of the sentence itself. The sentence is aimed at Criminals that do not respect the laws. It's like saying, "It is a crime not take all the cash when you rob a bank." or "It is a crime to leave the TV behind when you burglarize a house." The sentence is saying to criminals, "We know you don't respect the law, but we want you to respect this one law."

My point is, that is a really dumb sentence regardless of the reason behind it. The fact that I used an improper homophone in my OP does not make that sentence any less stupid, but it is stupid for a person to try defend stupidity by attacking another person's typo which has nothing to do with the issue. It just shows that person to be petty and childish.

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7375184 12/13/18 12:46 AM
J
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
troll

Pot calling the Kettle black. loco_too

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375329 12/13/18 02:34 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
popcorn

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375360 12/13/18 03:01 AM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
It's called "legalese". The native language of blood sucking lawyers.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375404 12/13/18 03:40 AM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Most statutes are written either by lobbyists for special interests, or by staff lawyers at the Legislative Council at the request of a legislator.

Some codes, such as the Penal Code, or the Parks & Wildlife Code, are written by national committees that meet to try to create uniform laws for states to adopt.

Our language is continuously evolving including the language as used in laws.

Older laws tend to be awkward to our eye and ear, while new laws are written more in plain language.

Take a look at the Constitution. Some of it is very awkward language to our modern eye and ear.

Sometimes legislators intentionally leave laws unclear when they cannot agree among themselves, but they want to pass something.

By doing so, they relegate the duty of lawmaker to the courts and/or administrative agency employees.

The Congress is especially bad about delegating law making duties to the courts, which is why the appointment of federal judges has become so intensely political.

Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: Jungleexplorer] #7375430 12/13/18 04:13 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
It is that way so you know your wrights from your rongs. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Who in the world rights the Texas hunting laws? [Re: dogcatcher] #7375463 12/13/18 05:05 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
It is that way so you know your wrights from your rongs. up

roflmao

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index