texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Nickh88, Wes of Texas, LeaseGuy, buzzy2, Red Tank Ranch
65664 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 94,041
bill oxner 56,793
stxranchman 55,095
SnakeWrangler 46,566
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,436
BMD 41,029
Big Orn 37,484
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics436,361
Posts6,332,528
Members65,664
Most Online16,728
Mar 25th, 2012
Print Thread
Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs #7369698 12/07/18 04:44 PM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
B
Buch Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Hi all, I'm looking to see if any of you have any experience with any outfitters in Kansas that you would recommend for a whitetail hunt. I'm doing research and the main variable of uncertainty is who I can trust. So any recommendations for guides or outfitters based on experience would be awesome. Also, if you are aware of any forums like this one that is dedicated to Kansas hunting please let me know.

Re: Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs [Re: Buch] #7371245 12/09/18 03:47 AM
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
2
21xsElite Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
2
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
Josh Lundberg- World Class Whitetailes of Kansas. He is located in Ft. Scott and is within a mile of the Buck commanders place. Nice lodge, great deer hunting and doesn't over hunt. Pm me if you would like more info and I can tell you more.

Re: Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs [Re: Buch] #7371485 12/09/18 04:24 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,117
C
CitySlickerHunter Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
Online Happy
Extreme Tracker
C
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,117
Jeremy Gugelmeyer
www.sagebrushhunts.com
sagebrushhunts@gmail.com
806-333-4358 call or text


"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs [Re: Buch] #7372165 12/10/18 02:59 PM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 143
A
AZ_Hunter_2000 Offline
Woodsman
Offline
Woodsman
A
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 143
Talk with Kansas Dan. While hunting turkey with him, I saw tons of deer. The food was good, know people that have hunted with him for years, and I have seen some of the deer that come off his leases. I did find a 150" dead head while out turkey hunting. Pretty cool find but was still stinky so I left Kansas Dan have it.

He does donate several hunts every year to various groups, such as RMEF and SCI, to help raise money for conservation.

https://www.huntingkansaswhitetail.com

Re: Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs [Re: Buch] #7372964 12/11/18 03:00 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
W
Warrior Poet Offline
Light Foot
Offline
Light Foot
W
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by Buch
Hi all, I'm looking to see if any of you have any experience with any outfitters in Kansas that you would recommend for a whitetail hunt. I'm doing research and the main variable of uncertainty is who I can trust. So any recommendations for guides or outfitters based on experience would be awesome. Also, if you are aware of any forums like this one that is dedicated to Kansas hunting please let me know.


I hunt Kansas every year first week of November. First rule of Kansas is you don't talk about Kansas.

Are you rifle or bow?

What are your general goals / expectations?

Re: Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs [Re: AZ_Hunter_2000] #7372974 12/11/18 03:05 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
W
Warrior Poet Offline
Light Foot
Offline
Light Foot
W
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by AZ_Hunter_2000
Talk with Kansas Dan. While hunting turkey with him, I saw tons of deer. The food was good, know people that have hunted with him for years, and I have seen some of the deer that come off his leases. I did find a 150" dead head while out turkey hunting. Pretty cool find but was still stinky so I left Kansas Dan have it.

He does donate several hunts every year to various groups, such as RMEF and SCI, to help raise money for conservation.

https://www.huntingkansaswhitetail.com


Just FYI I hunt that area a lot and would not hunt deer with Dan.

Re: Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs [Re: 21xsElite] #7372982 12/11/18 03:11 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
W
Warrior Poet Offline
Light Foot
Offline
Light Foot
W
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by 21xsElite
Josh Lundberg- World Class Whitetailes of Kansas. He is located in Ft. Scott and is within a mile of the Buck commanders place. Nice lodge, great deer hunting and doesn't over hunt. Pm me if you would like more info and I can tell you more.



I don't know this outfitter but I do know this is a good area. I understand the apprehension of outfitter selection for Kansas, but in truth having done it for several years I am more concerned about the area I am hunting. Sometimes moving over 20 miles can put you in noticeably better deer quality on that Kansas farmland. It's very circumstantial. But the one thing I look for is water....creeks and rivers. I would ask any outfitter where their properties are and scout it digitally using OnX Maps or Google Earth, etc.

Last edited by Warrior Poet; 12/11/18 03:12 AM.
Re: Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs [Re: Warrior Poet] #7373024 12/11/18 03:50 AM
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
2
21xsElite Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
2
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by Warrior Poet
Originally Posted by 21xsElite
Josh Lundberg- World Class Whitetailes of Kansas. He is located in Ft. Scott and is within a mile of the Buck commanders place. Nice lodge, great deer hunting and doesn't over hunt. Pm me if you would like more info and I can tell you more.



I don't know this outfitter but I do know this is a good area. I understand the apprehension of outfitter selection for Kansas, but in truth having done it for several years I am more concerned about the area I am hunting. Sometimes moving over 20 miles can put you in noticeably better deer quality on that Kansas farmland. It's very circumstantial. But the one thing I look for is water....creeks and rivers. I would ask any outfitter where their properties are and scout it digitally using OnX Maps or Google Earth, etc.

I agree with you on location, has everything you mention plus some really good deer.

Re: Kansas Whitetail Hunt Outfitter Recs [Re: Warrior Poet] #7373752 12/11/18 09:13 PM
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
B
Buch Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
B
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Warrior Poet
Originally Posted by Buch
Hi all, I'm looking to see if any of you have any experience with any outfitters in Kansas that you would recommend for a whitetail hunt. I'm doing research and the main variable of uncertainty is who I can trust. So any recommendations for guides or outfitters based on experience would be awesome. Also, if you are aware of any forums like this one that is dedicated to Kansas hunting please let me know.


I hunt Kansas every year first week of November. First rule of Kansas is you don't talk about Kansas.

Are you rifle or bow?

What are your general goals / expectations?


Thanks for all of the recommendations and pointers. My general expectations for this would be an 80% chance or greater shot opportunity on a 150" or better deer. I most likely would do bow, but would definitely consider a gun hunt.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3