ok, this is the 3rd time doing ribs in the instapot and I am very happy with the outcome.
1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cumin
2 racks of pork ribs (I had one each, St. Louis & baby back)
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegae
1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Prepare the dry rub by combining all the dry rub ingredients together in a small bowl and thoroughly mixing.
2. Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs with a paper towel. (I rarely do this step)
3. Season the baby back ribs with the dry rub generously on both sides.
4. Place the ribs inside the Instant Pot, standing up and wrapping around the sides of the intapot.
5. Pour the beef broth, apple juice, apple cider vinegar and liquid smoke inside the Instant pot, no need to stir. Close the lid (follow the manufacturer's guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Set the Instant Pot to the Meat/Stew setting and set the timer to 25 minutes.
6. Once the Instant Pot cycle is complete, wait until the natural release cycle is complete, should take about 15 minutes. Follow the manufacturer's guide for quick release, if in a rush. Carefully unlock and remove the lid from the instant pot.
While the ribs are cooking prepare the BBQ sauce, the vinegar and lime juice is to thin the sauce for a glazing sauce.
Carefully remove the ribs from the Instant Pot and place them onto a baking sheet. Brush them generously with the prepared BBQ sauce on both sides, sprinkle a bit more rub on the top side and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes. Keep the door to your oven open while broiling the ribs and keep an eye on them, because they could burn quickly.
Serve with leftover BBQ sauce.
total time from start to finish less than an hour ...