texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Crazy, BlackHogDown, core, TannerMoar, Andy Bass
65641 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 93,983
bill oxner 56,673
stxranchman 55,092
SnakeWrangler 46,520
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,436
BMD 41,029
Big Orn 37,484
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics436,076
Posts6,328,833
Members65,641
Most Online16,728
Mar 25th, 2012
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367350 12/05/18 04:27 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
You compare Alabama schedule to Ohio State 2019 schedule.


Alabama is playing 6 teams that qualified for a bowl.
OSU playing 5 teams that qualified for a bowl.

Both teams have a couple lay ups.

Ranked teams on those schedules.
Alabama has 3 in final top 25.
Ohio State has 3 in final top 25.

Seems pretty comparable to me.

You obviously have SEC envy. Otherwise you would look at Clemsonís joke of a schedule.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367352 12/05/18 04:29 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
I can save you some time. Clemsonís toughest game is to Texas A&M.
They play 1 team that is ranked at the end of 2018.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Roll-Tide] #7367357 12/05/18 04:52 AM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,436
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,436
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Based on the end of year data. The strength of schedule played out like this, for 2018.

Most difficult.
1. LSU
3. Texas A&M
11. Georgia.
17. Alabama.
55. Ohio State.


Strength of schedule is a terrible metric. Games are now being scheduled 10-12 years out. You canít control what a team on your schedule does from week one to week two, let alone 10 to 12 years from now. Coaches leave, players leave, players can get suspended or injured, teams can get sanctioned and lose scholarships.

Scheduling, when there are 150 teams and only 12 games, is not a good way to rank teams over other teams. No one can control what other teams do or donít do, except when you play them.


Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.


Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367363 12/05/18 05:03 AM
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 12
N
NightRanger Offline
Light Foot
Offline
Light Foot
N
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 12
OSU schedule in 2019:
Florida Atlantic (was supposed to be home against tcu but they chickened out in 2018)
Cincinnati
At Indiana
Miami OH
At Nebraska
Michigan st
At northwestern
Wisconsin
Bye
Maryland
At Rutgers
Penn st
At Michigan.


Well look at this way, they don't have to play Iowa or Purdue next year.

But then again, wonder which unranked team will beat them from this schedule next year.....looks like there a few to choose from.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367364 12/05/18 05:03 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Itís not a terrible metric when you measure the year you just played.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Roll-Tide] #7367387 12/05/18 05:40 AM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,436
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,436
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Itís not a terrible metric when you measure the year you just played.


Sure it is. Itís used throughout the year to justify rankings, which directly impact the playoffs. And if itís used to justify that, but the games are scheduled five-twelve years ago, youíre eliminating teams right away based on things out of their control.

It needs to be more fair and inclusive, not exclusive and silly.

How is it fair to judge a team based on things other teams full of other 19-21 year old kids (that was your argument for why Bama didnít show up for a bowl game, right? 19 year old kids are unpredictable?) do, especially when the kids being scheduled at in high school or, in some cases, elementary school?

Strength of schedule works for seeding once playoff teams are selected, but thatís about it.


Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.


Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367392 12/05/18 05:52 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
So you see no difference in Alabama playing Georgia versus Clemson playing a 5 loss Pitt. ??

Or you see no difference in Clemson playing one ranked team Texas A&M for example and Alabama playing 5 ranked teams including A&M. ??

I see It clearly. But thatís ok, we just donít agree.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Roll-Tide] #7367393 12/05/18 05:53 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
You compare Alabama schedule to Ohio State 2019 schedule.


Alabama is playing 6 teams that qualified for a bowl.
OSU playing 5 teams that qualified for a bowl.

Both teams have a couple lay ups.

Ranked teams on those schedules.
Alabama has 3 in final top 25.
Ohio State has 3 in final top 25.

Seems pretty comparable to me.

You obviously have SEC envy. Otherwise you would look at Clemsonís joke of a schedule.


Roll, again you missed the mark. Read my original post and see what i said.

Sec schedules byes before bamas two toughest games and doesnít put anyone tough fron the east in there for their cross over games, whereas big gives OSU Wisconsin and nw, both of which are competitors for the big west division and schedules the OSU bye after wisky but then makes OSU finish with penn st and um followed by BIG championship back to back to back. Even you have to admit that finish in November would make anyone blush. Big isnít doing OSU any favors while the sec is helping bama with scheduling.

Yes, both teams have comparable competition, itís the way that competition is laid out by the conferences that I am trying to make the point about.

Itís nothing about sec envy, and I am not trying to compare schedules, I am comparing how one conference helps their premeire while the other doesnít.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367395 12/05/18 06:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
I read your post. I just disagree. I donít think it matters.

Would you rather Alabama play LSU, Auburn, Texas A&M back to back then throw in Georgia from the east.
Thatís suicide, compared to Wisconsin and Northwestern (future doctors).

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367399 12/05/18 06:16 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Plus, having two Byes is nothing new. The Big 12 did it for years.

Itís all the SEC not just Alabama. Maybe yíall should try it, it seems like a perfectly legal strategy.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Roll-Tide] #7367400 12/05/18 06:22 AM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,436
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,436
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
So you see no difference in Alabama playing Georgia versus Clemson playing a 5 loss Pitt. ??

Or you see no difference in Clemson playing one ranked team Texas A&M for example and Alabama playing 5 ranked teams including A&M. ??

I see It clearly. But thatís ok, we just donít agree.


First of all, youíre talking conference championship games, not strength of schedule in your first example. How can Clemson change that? Are yíall inviting them into the SEC?

Why doesnít UCF join a better conference or schedule better teams? Oh, thatís right, itís totally up to the larger schools in both those scenarios.

Second, none of the playoff teams are in the top ten SOS. Notre Dame schedules what they think will be mostly top 25 teams and this year they were 71st in SOS. Should they not be in because of that? Should LSU be in because they had the hardest schedule?

No one can control what 12 opponents do and there is no way to schedule better teams next year like there is in other sports. Football is unique in a lot of ways, and yet the dumbest metrics are used year in and year out to find an irrelevant champion. Itís not a true playoff and itís not a true championship and never has been.

Weíve discussed this in 50 different threads just this season, but the system is broken and I donít understand how any fan of college football or sports in general can be pleased with the system or the state of college football today.

Itís ridiculous.

At some point, Alabama will get bit by the SOS argument. The SEC will be down, their cupcake OOC schedule will suck, they will have one loss and they will miss the playoff.

Itís a bad metric, especially when games are being scheduled 12 years out. Twelve! Kids on those teams are in elementary school today and Nick Saban will be in a nursing home by then.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 12/05/18 06:25 AM.

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.


Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367603 12/05/18 02:57 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
Duck, the ones happy with the system as it stands are the people benefiting from it, espn and the sec.

I donít have a link but do a google search for Joel Klatt and his discussion about not how the cfp is flawed and open to significant bias, much more so than the previous systems used.

Roll, if you fail to see where having a bye before each of your two tough games every season is not a benefit, then you fail to see reason. If you fail to see a lack of good east division teams as a benefit for bama as well as Georgia (if Georgia has two losses going into the championship they would have been out of the discussion and you know that) then you are beyond help. The sec is setting these teams up for a playoff bid, as best they can. The same can not be said for the big. If you fail to see that you are just being silly.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367635 12/05/18 03:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 10,859
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Q
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 10,859
I don't want a tournament champion. There aren't 16 teams worthy of the playoffs; heck, there really aren't 8 either. It has to be 4 because if you limited it to two, and had a year like this where 5 teams have a legit argument about being #2, at least three of the five make it in. And before somebody says 'well take 6', #1 Its not fair that two teams get a bye, and #2, if you can determine the two best teams to get a bye, what do you need the other 4 for?


[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367648 12/05/18 03:28 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 337
K
ksjmf Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
K
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 337
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Duck, the ones happy with the system as it stands are the people benefiting from it, espn and the sec.

I donít have a link but do a google search for Joel Klatt and his discussion about not how the cfp is flawed and open to significant bias, much more so than the previous systems used.

Roll, if you fail to see where having a bye before each of your two tough games every season is not a benefit, then you fail to see reason. If you fail to see a lack of good east division teams as a benefit for bama as well as Georgia (if Georgia has two losses going into the championship they would have been out of the discussion and you know that) then you are beyond help. The sec is setting these teams up for a playoff bid, as best they can. The same can not be said for the big. If you fail to see that you are just being silly.


So this is your criminal complaint? That the SEC schedules a bye week for Alabama before the A&M game and then before the LSU game? They do play 5 games before the first bye week which include South Carolina (at South Carolina) and Ole Miss...both of these teams can upset ranked opponents. They then play 3 games... A&m then Tennessee then Arkansas...rollover SEC opponents which could also be known as conference champion contenders in other conferences. They then finish up with LSU, Mississippi St, Western Carolina and Auburn...3 out of 4 of which would whip up on most other college teams.

So back to your criminal complaint. When should the bye weeks be scheduled? I bet the A&M guys on here thank you for the compliment! Maybe you should go lobby the SEC for scheduling oversight by Congress? I'm not sure what your solution is. You are in the process of turning a bunch of Texas folks into defenders of Alabama which is an interesting accomplishment! Are you sure your screen name isn't really Texas 'Bama and you our covertly trying to gain more support for the most dominating force in college football program over the past decade? That would be a sweet turn of events! To successfully unite UT and A&M fans in support of Alabama! Like a boss! Well played, Sir!

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367674 12/05/18 03:49 PM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
The Big 12 had scheduled 2 byes for years. With no national champions.

This year the BCS would be fine.

SOS matters. Thatís why the SEC has won about 85 percent of the National Chamionships over the last 15 years. I donít really see the top 5 programs changing much in the future.

when Saban retires, Dabo will step in for him.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: ksjmf] #7367686 12/05/18 04:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,436
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 9,436
Originally Posted by ksjmf
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Duck, the ones happy with the system as it stands are the people benefiting from it, espn and the sec.

I donít have a link but do a google search for Joel Klatt and his discussion about not how the cfp is flawed and open to significant bias, much more so than the previous systems used.

Roll, if you fail to see where having a bye before each of your two tough games every season is not a benefit, then you fail to see reason. If you fail to see a lack of good east division teams as a benefit for bama as well as Georgia (if Georgia has two losses going into the championship they would have been out of the discussion and you know that) then you are beyond help. The sec is setting these teams up for a playoff bid, as best they can. The same can not be said for the big. If you fail to see that you are just being silly.


So this is your criminal complaint? That the SEC schedules a bye week for Alabama before the A&M game and then before the LSU game? They do play 5 games before the first bye week which include South Carolina (at South Carolina) and Ole Miss...both of these teams can upset ranked opponents. They then play 3 games... A&m then Tennessee then Arkansas...rollover SEC opponents which could also be known as conference champion contenders in other conferences. They then finish up with LSU, Mississippi St, Western Carolina and Auburn...3 out of 4 of which would whip up on most other college teams.

So back to your criminal complaint. When should the bye weeks be scheduled? I bet the A&M guys on here thank you for the compliment! Maybe you should go lobby the SEC for scheduling oversight by Congress? I'm not sure what your solution is. You are in the process of turning a bunch of Texas folks into defenders of Alabama which is an interesting accomplishment! Are you sure your screen name isn't really Texas 'Bama and you our covertly trying to gain more support for the most dominating force in college football program over the past decade? That would be a sweet turn of events! To successfully unite UT and A&M fans in support of Alabama! Like a boss! Well played, Sir!


What conference would Arkansas contend for this year? They were a dumpster fire.


Originally Posted By: bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.


Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Roll-Tide] #7367688 12/05/18 04:02 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,404
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,404
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Based on the end of year data. The strength of schedule played out like this, for 2018.

Most difficult.
1. LSU
3. Texas A&M
11. Georgia.
17. Alabama.
55. Ohio State.

You know whats flawed with this argument right? Please tell me you know.....

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367693 12/05/18 04:07 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
I laugh at your responses, you are so unapologetic for anything the SEC does to make it an easy road for bama its funny. I am not trying to convert anyone to anything, least of all you, but for you to say the byes being before LSU and aTm are just coincidence and "they do play 5 games before the first bye week" of the season after playing through SC and Ole miss is hilarious. Come on, do you even read what you write?

And then they play aTm, then Tenn, then Arkansas and alas, another bye before LSU. Then finish with LSU, MS St, Western Carolina and Auburn...

What would be criminal is if the SEC would have scheduled something like this:
Duke, junk OOC, junk OOC, South Carolina, aTm, tenn, Florida, LSU, BYE, Ole Miss, MS St, Georgia, Auburn

How would that make the SEC conference look going into championship week?

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367696 12/05/18 04:10 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,404
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,404
They didnt have 2 bye weeks.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7367697 12/05/18 04:10 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by ksjmf
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Duck, the ones happy with the system as it stands are the people benefiting from it, espn and the sec.

I don’t have a link but do a google search for Joel Klatt and his discussion about not how the cfp is flawed and open to significant bias, much more so than the previous systems used.

Roll, if you fail to see where having a bye before each of your two tough games every season is not a benefit, then you fail to see reason. If you fail to see a lack of good east division teams as a benefit for bama as well as Georgia (if Georgia has two losses going into the championship they would have been out of the discussion and you know that) then you are beyond help. The sec is setting these teams up for a playoff bid, as best they can. The same can not be said for the big. If you fail to see that you are just being silly.


So this is your criminal complaint? That the SEC schedules a bye week for Alabama before the A&M game and then before the LSU game? They do play 5 games before the first bye week which include South Carolina (at South Carolina) and Ole Miss...both of these teams can upset ranked opponents. They then play 3 games... A&m then Tennessee then Arkansas...rollover SEC opponents which could also be known as conference champion contenders in other conferences. They then finish up with LSU, Mississippi St, Western Carolina and Auburn...3 out of 4 of which would whip up on most other college teams.

So back to your criminal complaint. When should the bye weeks be scheduled? I bet the A&M guys on here thank you for the compliment! Maybe you should go lobby the SEC for scheduling oversight by Congress? I'm not sure what your solution is. You are in the process of turning a bunch of Texas folks into defenders of Alabama which is an interesting accomplishment! Are you sure your screen name isn't really Texas 'Bama and you our covertly trying to gain more support for the most dominating force in college football program over the past decade? That would be a sweet turn of events! To successfully unite UT and A&M fans in support of Alabama! Like a boss! Well played, Sir!


What conference would Arkansas contend for this year? They were a dumpster fire.


Or MS st, or auburn, or aTm, or LSU or any other school other than Bama really. I mean who did Georgia even beat this year to make them so good? WHo did LSU beat other than Georgia? Who did aTm beat other than LSU?


You see the circular logic? SEC is great, therefore any team that beats an SEC team must be good, but only SEC teams beat SEC teams so the SEC is great...

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367706 12/05/18 04:18 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,404
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,404
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by ksjmf
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Duck, the ones happy with the system as it stands are the people benefiting from it, espn and the sec.

I don’t have a link but do a google search for Joel Klatt and his discussion about not how the cfp is flawed and open to significant bias, much more so than the previous systems used.

Roll, if you fail to see where having a bye before each of your two tough games every season is not a benefit, then you fail to see reason. If you fail to see a lack of good east division teams as a benefit for bama as well as Georgia (if Georgia has two losses going into the championship they would have been out of the discussion and you know that) then you are beyond help. The sec is setting these teams up for a playoff bid, as best they can. The same can not be said for the big. If you fail to see that you are just being silly.


So this is your criminal complaint? That the SEC schedules a bye week for Alabama before the A&M game and then before the LSU game? They do play 5 games before the first bye week which include South Carolina (at South Carolina) and Ole Miss...both of these teams can upset ranked opponents. They then play 3 games... A&m then Tennessee then Arkansas...rollover SEC opponents which could also be known as conference champion contenders in other conferences. They then finish up with LSU, Mississippi St, Western Carolina and Auburn...3 out of 4 of which would whip up on most other college teams.

So back to your criminal complaint. When should the bye weeks be scheduled? I bet the A&M guys on here thank you for the compliment! Maybe you should go lobby the SEC for scheduling oversight by Congress? I'm not sure what your solution is. You are in the process of turning a bunch of Texas folks into defenders of Alabama which is an interesting accomplishment! Are you sure your screen name isn't really Texas 'Bama and you our covertly trying to gain more support for the most dominating force in college football program over the past decade? That would be a sweet turn of events! To successfully unite UT and A&M fans in support of Alabama! Like a boss! Well played, Sir!


What conference would Arkansas contend for this year? They were a dumpster fire.


Or MS st, or auburn, or aTm, or LSU or any other school other than Bama really. I mean who did Georgia even beat this year to make them so good? WHo did LSU beat other than Georgia? Who did aTm beat other than LSU?


You see the circular logic? SEC is great, therefore any team that beats an SEC team must be good, but only SEC teams beat SEC teams so the SEC is great...

You nailed it. That is the flaw in rolltides logic. Then when they step out of conference (4 games) they only play 1power five school. Add on to that, when they stepped out of conference in the postseason and play bowl games some say they don't count because the team didn't want to be in that bowl......... continuing the circular logic.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 12/05/18 04:23 PM.
Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367724 12/05/18 04:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,247
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 15,247
I donít care what flawed logic someone uses. If you canít look at bama and Clemson and see the two best teams in cfb for the past 4 years or so, then youíre crazy.

What do they accomplish by playing a harder ooc schedule?

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: cbump] #7367732 12/05/18 05:14 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,404
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 6,404
Originally Posted by cbump
I donít care what flawed logic someone uses. If you canít look at bama and Clemson and see the two best teams in cfb for the past 4 years or so, then youíre crazy.

What do they accomplish by playing a harder ooc schedule?


They wouldn't benefit at all, but the cross-sectional data could help everyone evaluate the strength of conferences.

You do know the eye test means nothing right. Perfect example the Notre Dame UT game a couple of years ago was a great game. Too bad no one knew both teams sucked.

Everybody said Georgia would whoop up on OU last year. They took them to overtime. Then Georgia proceeded to take Alabama to overtime. Show me one person here that thought OU would give Georgia a fight last year. When the data came in OU was equal to Georgia and Alabama.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367736 12/05/18 05:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8,460
Why is everyone concerned with Alabamaís schedule?

There are much easier schedules out there.

SOS matters, ask UCF.

Yadayadayada. Itís unfair.

Bottom line, itís the system we are playing in right now.
The name of the game is win.

Just win whatís in front of you. Quit looking behind you.

Well they almost won??? Thatís some fair logic.

Re: This really ought to be criminal [Re: Texas buckeye] #7367774 12/05/18 06:02 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,036
Roll, that's the funny thing, I wasn't even knocking on Alabama's schedule from the get go, I was using it to compare how one conference makes a schedule work to the advantage of its elite team while the other works the schedule to the disadvantage of their elite. It was a knock on the BIG, which you and several others have taken to be a knock on the SEC for some reason??

Despite what you may think about me, I don't always snark on the SEC or Alabama.

I would dog on the ACC, PAC(whatever), or the BIG 12 but I don't feel those conferences even have enough competition to warrant any such comparison, so I used the SEC top dog as my comparison.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3