texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
anderjet7, Samuel PH, Mr.Carter817, Heath Woodard, Adrian Munoz
66062 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 95,302
bill oxner 59,802
stxranchman 55,368
SnakeWrangler 48,553
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,446
BMD 41,029
Big Orn 37,484
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics442,007
Posts6,413,425
Members66,062
Most Online16,728
Mar 25th, 2012
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lake Vinegrape #7367629 12/05/18 03:12 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
Lots of shooting there between 7 am and 8:30 am this morning, Good Lord!
Allen daarheen

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/05/18 03:13 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7367752 12/05/18 05:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,761
J
Judd Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,761
Cool story bro...tell it again bang


Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7367876 12/05/18 07:37 PM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 81
OHanlon87 Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 81
Wonder how they got on the lake. I went to scout Sunday afternoon and all park boat ramps are still closed including Trophy Club. Walked in Monday evening to look around and couldn’t find a huntable area that wasn’t too deep to wade. Canoe maybe.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: Judd] #7368079 12/05/18 11:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 29,855
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 29,855
Originally Posted by Judd
Cool story bro...tell it again bang

He's a donut.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368305 12/06/18 03:35 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 267
O
outfitter1 Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
O
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 267
Where there's a will there's always a way. But the way may just be harder than it's worth.

Last edited by outfitter1; 12/06/18 03:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368335 12/06/18 04:35 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
GRAPEVINE LAKE KNOB HILLS FULLY OPEN
GRAPEVINE LAKE MURRELL PARTIALLY CLOSED


www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368367 12/06/18 06:26 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,580
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,580
Just mountain bike in...

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368439 12/06/18 01:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
Mucho less shooting today, but still some shots every 10 minutes since 6:50

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/06/18 01:57 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368571 12/06/18 03:20 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,085
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,085
It's really cool when a private land hunter, who never has to put in time and effort to find places to hunt, posts up info about public hunting just because it doesn't affect him. Keep up the good work being what you are! up


Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: LarryCopper] #7368588 12/06/18 03:29 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
Originally Posted by LarryCopper
It's really cool when a private land hunter, who never has to put in time and effort to find places to hunt, posts up info about public hunting just because it doesn't affect him. Keep up the good work being what you are! up


I used to hunt public, but no longer. It gotten crazy. People skybusting over your decoys, trash left everywhere.
I also am older now, so i switched to private. Most older men will do the same. On public grounds, you will rarely see guys in their 50’s or 60’s. So i leave the public to the young guns. You are welcome.

To me, endless scouting to find the ducks, to later find other folks taking your spot cause i didnt wake up at 2 am, no thanks.

Oklahoma public is better, but too far for me. Texas has a horrible public program.

Even on private there is time and effort involved, trust me.

And to me, grapevine aint much public at all.
You draw your permit, and due to the restrictions and the lake being so small, there are only 2-3 decent spots, everyone fighting over it. And I only counted 12 shots total this morning. So there, i saved you a trip.

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/06/18 03:40 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368593 12/06/18 03:36 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,085
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,085
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Originally Posted by LarryCopper
It's really cool when a private land hunter, who never has to put in time and effort to find places to hunt, posts up info about public hunting just because it doesn't affect him. Keep up the good work being what you are! up


Relax, people so sensitive nowadays.
I used to hunt public, but no longer. It gotten crazy.
And to me, grapevine aint much public at all.
You get your permit, and due to the restrictions and the lake being so small, there are only 2-3 decent spots, everyone fighting over it.

It's easy to relax when all you do is pay guides. Why you quit public and the quality of the hunting there doesn't matter. There are lots of places I won't hunt, that lake being one of them, but for other folks it is what they know and/or prefer. I won't bash those places or post up about them because I am respectful of others that may or may not have the same preferences. Consideration of others... you should look that up.


Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368602 12/06/18 03:47 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
I did not bash them places and respect public hunters and their hard work and dedication, but the constant drama i hear and witness is just not for me. Texas just has very limited places to hunt public in compairison to the amount of hunters which results in over crowding.

As far as paying the guides, i just came back from the panhandle shooting cranes, since i dont have the equipment nor do i have the cranes in north texas.

All my duck hunts are done on my lease, no guides involved, i mainly hunt solo and try to quit by 8 am to be able to hunt 4-5 times per week. So far the season has been very productive.

And yes, there is hard work involved, as we both know how hard it is to squeeze that mojo button at 6:30 am with frozen fingers due to a windchill factor of 31 degrees.

But back to your point, I will sadly retire from my “grapevine shotcount report”.
Happy hunting

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/06/18 04:14 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368613 12/06/18 03:55 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,085
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,085
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
I did not bash them places and respect public hunters and their hard work and dedication

Your definition of respect and mine must be WAAAAY different. I don't care how you want to justify or spin this... posting up about ANY public hunting area is disrespectful to those that choose for whatever reason to use it.

I cut the rest cuz it does not pertain to my argument. Red herring.


Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: LarryCopper] #7368642 12/06/18 04:14 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,761
J
Judd Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,761
Originally Posted by LarryCopper
Your definition of respect and mine must be WAAAAY different. I don't care how you want to justify or spin this... posting up about ANY public hunting area is disrespectful to those that choose for whatever reason to use it.

I cut the rest cuz it does not pertain to my argument. Red herring.


HERE HERE cheers


Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368646 12/06/18 04:15 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 398
H
Heisman25g Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
H
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 398
What he is saying is quit posting about public hunting spots. I enjoy your posts and you’re sense of humor on here but you’re unintentionally being a jerk here.

No more posts about public hunting spots will solve all of this. Hope you’re having a great season

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368678 12/06/18 04:35 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 191
K
kemon86 Offline
Woodsman
Offline
Woodsman
K
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 191
I've never really liked the guy, I think the majority of his posts are dumb and/or weird. He's a super troll guy.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: kemon86] #7368691 12/06/18 04:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 398
H
Heisman25g Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
H
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 398
Originally Posted by kemon86
I've never really liked the guy, I think the majority of his posts are dumb and/or weird. He's a super troll guy.


That’s what makes it funny to me. Life would be boring if we were all the same, nothing wrong with being different. To each their own. But but but, that doesn’t mean you get to talk about public spots.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368702 12/06/18 04:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
To partially redeem myself , I just wrote to ducks unlimited boycotting their ‘public place report’ as well.
https://www.ducks.org/migrationmap/

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/06/18 05:02 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368713 12/06/18 05:03 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 191
K
kemon86 Offline
Woodsman
Offline
Woodsman
K
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 191
Only guys that use that website or app are other "beaversnipes." Why do you always edit your posts?

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: kemon86] #7368721 12/06/18 05:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
Originally Posted by kemon86
Only guys that use that website or app are other "beaversnipes." Why do you always edit your posts?


cauz im unable to edit yours


www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368722 12/06/18 05:09 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,580
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,580
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Originally Posted by kemon86
Only guys that use that website or app are other "beaversnipes." Why do you always edit your posts?


cauz im unable to edit yours


trout

Last edited by Txduckman; 12/06/18 05:10 PM. Reason: tidE roF nosaeR
Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368727 12/06/18 05:15 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,616
E
Erichugh22 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
E
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,616
This place has gotten boring lately. Thanks beav for stirring up the pot a little bit.

Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368729 12/06/18 05:19 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,761
J
Judd Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 13,761
Proof again....that once you're a DB it's extremely hard to not be a DB from there own out.


Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: Judd] #7368735 12/06/18 05:24 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,085
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,085
Originally Posted by Judd
Proof again....that once you're a DB it's extremely hard to not be a DB from there own out.

I almost said something similar. cheers

How about this hypothetical...

I find out who he is leasing from and post the land owner or outfitter's contact information with directions to the ponds where he is killing daily limits. I'm sure he would really love a bidding war. Not that we all have beaverwipe kind of money, but the idea being that it creates competition for the places that he hunts.

And no, it isn't a threat because I have no idea what his connection is. Just trying to give perspective.

Heisman25g, it was not unintentional.


Re: Lake Vinegrape [Re: beaversnipe] #7368786 12/06/18 05:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 22,588
Don’t pound the beaver too hard, its bad for your blood pressure

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/06/18 06:30 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3