texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
BTatum83, franman, CCoile05, SMC46, thasenei
66071 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 95,352
bill oxner 59,931
stxranchman 55,381
SnakeWrangler 48,640
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,446
BMD 41,029
Big Orn 37,484
Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics442,215
Posts6,416,207
Members66,071
Most Online16,728
Mar 25th, 2012
Print Thread
Whitetail deer late youth season question #7364126 12/02/18 01:44 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 35
W
whttlfrk10 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 35
Hello everyone. I was looking over the regulations for Anderson county and I cannot figure out if my son can take a doe or not in the late youth season. Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance!


Let 'em go, let 'em grow!
Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: whttlfrk10] #7364238 12/02/18 05:28 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
Yes. Whatever is legal first two days of general season in your county are legal for youth season.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/regs/counties/anderson

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: Txduckman] #7364316 12/02/18 02:01 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 35
W
whttlfrk10 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 35
I looked at the link you posted and I canít find anything about what is legal on the first two days is legal for youth season. Thatís the way it was last year, but I canít find where it says that this year. I hate their website. At least this will be the last year I have to worry about this for a long while.


Let 'em go, let 'em grow!
Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: whttlfrk10] #7364454 12/02/18 04:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,014
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
A
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2,014
Yes youth can take a doe in late youth season in Anderson County or an AR buck. See page 68 in the TX outdoor annual under White-tailed Deer Youth Only Season

"-For the remainder of the state (includes Anderson Co.), the bag, tag and permit requirements are the same as for the first two days of the general season in the county (see County Listings table pgs. 82-97)."

Pg 82 for Anderson County General Nov 3-6 code W3. W3 is Nov 3-18 antlerless may be taken.

I hope your youth gets a nice doe between Jan 7-20. Good luck and post a pic

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: whttlfrk10] #7364778 12/02/18 11:07 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
Originally Posted by whttlfrk10
I looked at the link you posted and I canít find anything about what is legal on the first two days is legal for youth season. Thatís the way it was last year, but I canít find where it says that this year. I hate their website. At least this will be the last year I have to worry about this for a long while.


That was just the Anderson county link. Here is the youth season rules. Scroll down to youth season. There is a place on their website that is missing this statement they need to fix.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/regs/animals/white-tailed-deer

"For the remainder of the state, the bag, tag and permit requirements are the same as for the first two days of the general season in the county (see County Listings)."

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: Txduckman] #7365026 12/03/18 02:31 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 35
W
whttlfrk10 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
W
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 35
Thanks for the info. I found it in the book. I really appreciate the help, and yes, they need to fix the website.


Let 'em go, let 'em grow!
Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: whttlfrk10] #7365133 12/03/18 04:38 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
Originally Posted by whttlfrk10
Thanks for the info. I found it in the book. I really appreciate the help, and yes, they need to fix the website.


This is the site they need to fix. States no where what actual regs are. The leave out the final statement about what is actually legal outside those few counties listed.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/regs/season-types/youth-only

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: whttlfrk10] #7365808 12/03/18 09:18 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 335
B
Bobcat4119 Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
B
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 335
So looking at this and say Delta Co., you can't take a doe during archery season???

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: Bobcat4119] #7365882 12/03/18 10:37 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
Originally Posted by Bobcat4119
So looking at this and say Delta Co., you can't take a doe during archery season???


Correct. Must be on MLDP to take a doe outside of the 4 day doe window in Nov.

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: Txduckman] #7366414 12/04/18 02:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 335
B
Bobcat4119 Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
B
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 335
I'm having a hard time believing this. I've Always heard that you can take your does during archery season, and to my knowledge, they didn't change this any time recent... Guess I'm lucky I haven't harvested any the last few years LOL

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: Bobcat4119] #7366636 12/04/18 04:43 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
Originally Posted by Bobcat4119
I'm having a hard time believing this. I've Always heard that you can take your does during archery season, and to my knowledge, they didn't change this any time recent... Guess I'm lucky I haven't harvested any the last few years LOL


I don't think you should believe it. That was not correct since that antlerless reg only applied to the general season. Looks like you can take antlerless in archery. Sorry about that. I hunt out west so don't have any doe restrictions.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/huntwild/hunting_regulations.phtml

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: Txduckman] #7366643 12/04/18 04:47 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 335
B
Bobcat4119 Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
B
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 335
There it is!
For the love of god, can someone fire the guy that writes these regulations for TPWD??????

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: whttlfrk10] #7366661 12/04/18 05:02 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,610
R
Rustler Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
R
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,610
Bag Limits, take of antlerless deer, and special requirements:
In Bell (E. of I-35), Delta, Ellis, Falls, Fannin, Franklin, Freestone, Hopkins, Hunt, Kaufman, Limestone, Milam, Navarro, Rains, Smith, Titus, Van Zandt, Williamson (E. of I-35) and Wood counties, the bag limits, requirements for the take of antlerless deer, and special requirements are the same for each respective county.

All the above counties have 'special requirements' for the take of antlerless deer.

Delta Co -
Bag Limit 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
Antlerless Deer November 22-25, antlerless deer by MLDP tag or hunting license tag.
At all other times, antlerless by MLDP tag only.


You have to read the regulations for the specific county you're hunting. I don't know how they could make it any clearer.

Antlerless Deer November 22-25, antlerless deer by MLDP tag or hunting license tag.
At all other times, antlerless by MLDP tag only.

If you need clarification you can always send a question to TPWD ---> TPWD

In the drop down box select Game Warden ( Law Enforcement )

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: Rustler] #7366705 12/04/18 05:33 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 16,583
Originally Posted by Rustler
Bag Limits, take of antlerless deer, and special requirements:
In Bell (E. of I-35), Delta, Ellis, Falls, Fannin, Franklin, Freestone, Hopkins, Hunt, Kaufman, Limestone, Milam, Navarro, Rains, Smith, Titus, Van Zandt, Williamson (E. of I-35) and Wood counties, the bag limits, requirements for the take of antlerless deer, and special requirements are the same for each respective county.

All the above counties have 'special requirements' for the take of antlerless deer.

Delta Co -
Bag Limit 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
Antlerless Deer November 22-25, antlerless deer by MLDP tag or hunting license tag.
At all other times, antlerless by MLDP tag only.


You have to read the regulations for the specific county you're hunting. I don't know how they could make it any clearer.

Antlerless Deer November 22-25, antlerless deer by MLDP tag or hunting license tag.
At all other times, antlerless by MLDP tag only.

If you need clarification you can always send a question to TPWD ---> TPWD

In the drop down box select Game Warden ( Law Enforcement )


This is for youth only and general season btw. Regular archery season you can take 2 does with no permits. Just clarifying since two different questions were asked.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/regs/counties/delta

Re: Whitetail deer late youth season question [Re: Rustler] #7367537 12/05/18 02:05 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 335
B
Bobcat4119 Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
B
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 335
Originally Posted by Rustler
Bag Limits, take of antlerless deer, and special requirements:
In Bell (E. of I-35), Delta, Ellis, Falls, Fannin, Franklin, Freestone, Hopkins, Hunt, Kaufman, Limestone, Milam, Navarro, Rains, Smith, Titus, Van Zandt, Williamson (E. of I-35) and Wood counties, the bag limits, requirements for the take of antlerless deer, and special requirements are the same for each respective county.

All the above counties have 'special requirements' for the take of antlerless deer.

Delta Co -
Bag Limit 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.
Antlerless Deer November 22-25, antlerless deer by MLDP tag or hunting license tag.
At all other times, antlerless by MLDP tag only.


You have to read the regulations for the specific county you're hunting. I don't know how they could make it any clearer.

Antlerless Deer November 22-25, antlerless deer by MLDP tag or hunting license tag.
At all other times, antlerless by MLDP tag only.

If you need clarification you can always send a question to TPWD ---> TPWD

In the drop down box select Game Warden ( Law Enforcement )


That's clear for General Season, but they leave out the Archey regulations. You have to search the site top to bottom to find the rest of the information.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3