Page 1 of 2 1 2
Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? #7353718 11/20/18 05:44 PM
H
harkm Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
H
Last Friday afternoon I was hunting in Webb County when a large group of illegals came over the hill right towards my tripod. I immediately got out of my stand and walked very fast the opposite direction, back to my ATV and sped back to camp. I thought the border patrol had this all under control. Apparently not! Anyway it freaked me out when I realized I was hugely outnumbered. I had me, my rifle, and 4 shells. The next day I checked my feeder camera and caught some of it on video! Anybody else ever experience something similar?

Game Camera Video Illegals

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7353720 11/20/18 05:47 PM
F
FamousAmos Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
In Sheffield I got to the blind early. Heard some movement past the trees 70 yards or so from my tripod. Directly the guys who had slept there the night before got up and started walking again.

“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭6:8‬
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7353748 11/20/18 06:14 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Did you call the border patrol?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7353757 11/20/18 06:24 PM
D
Dalee7892 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Couple of shots over their heads would of sped them up.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7353758 11/20/18 06:25 PM
H
harkm Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
H
Yes, I called them when I got back to camp. 2 border patrol agents showed up about 30 minutes later and I took them to the spot on the hill where I saw them. They said they were going to track them and possibly call a helicopter but I doubt anything came of it. I heard them leaving the ranch about an hour later. These were the first illegals seen on the lease in 10 years. Another hunter saw one on his game camera in 2008.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7353768 11/20/18 06:43 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
We hunt in Webb County and are right in the middle of their travel corridor. Two weeks ago, BP stopped by and said they had caught 80 of them in 5 stolen pickups on and around our ranch and the adjoining ranch. We see them quite often and have BP on speed dial. The most scary encounter was October 2017 when I had three Dominican drug mules walk into camp. They wanted one of our pickups and got kind of aggressive about it. I fed them, gave them water, brought them towels and soap and let them bathe with the water hose. Then I brought them a 12 pack of cerveza and turned on the college football game out under the palapa. They were sitting at the table, wrapped in bath towels watching football and enjoying their beer when two BP agents walked in from either side of the palapa. Of course, while I was keeping these guys entertained, my wife, friend and his 10 year old son were locked in the master bedroom on the phone with BP the entire time. And all three adults were armed. I never let them get close enough to grab me, and I had a .40 cal Glock in my right pocket that I would not have hesitated to use if I had been put in that position. Wife and buddy were heavily armed inside the house. Back in March, the cartel came back for their dope which I'm sure the mules had stashed outside our gate somewhere. They had stolen a pickup from another ranch, cut the lock on our gate, came through our house pasture then drove to our high-fenced pasture, cut both locks on those two gates and drove all the way to the far NE corner of our ranch. There they cut our high fence and proceeded into one of the Briscoe pastures where BP found the truck stuck in a creek. Of course the dope and the cartel were long gone by then. They're trying to make it to the Junco and then to HWY 44 where they get picked up.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7353778 11/20/18 06:51 PM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
I personally have not luckily. Stole my buddy's neighbors pickup couple years ago while he was out on his ranch. Drove through the gate. That was Dimmit county. Kinda nice hunting north Texas after all. Don't have to take my keys with me.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: Dalee7892] #7353792 11/20/18 07:06 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Dalee7892
Couple of shots over their heads would of sped them up.

And probably end up getting you arrested. Happened to a man on his ranch in Hidalgo county last week. He claimed to have fired off three warning shots into the air. The illegals told BP that he was shooting at them. The landowner was arrested by the county Sheriff.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: fouzman] #7353817 11/20/18 07:37 PM
H
harkm Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
H
Originally Posted by fouzman
We hunt in Webb County and are right in the middle of their travel corridor. Two weeks ago, BP stopped by and said they had caught 80 of them in 5 stolen pickups on and around our ranch and the adjoining ranch. We see them quite often and have BP on speed dial. The most scary encounter was October 2017 when I had three Dominican drug mules walk into camp. They wanted one of our pickups and got kind of aggressive about it. I fed them, gave them water, brought them towels and soap and let them bathe with the water hose. Then I brought them a 12 pack of cerveza and turned on the college football game out under the palapa. They were sitting at the table, wrapped in bath towels watching football and enjoying their beer when two BP agents walked in from either side of the palapa. Of course, while I was keeping these guys entertained, my wife, friend and his 10 year old son were locked in the master bedroom on the phone with BP the entire time. And all three adults were armed. I never let them get close enough to grab me, and I had a .40 cal Glock in my right pocket that I would not have hesitated to use if I had been put in that position. Wife and buddy were heavily armed inside the house. Back in March, the cartel came back for their dope which I'm sure the mules had stashed outside our gate somewhere. They had stolen a pickup from another ranch, cut the lock on our gate, came through our house pasture then drove to our high-fenced pasture, cut both locks on those two gates and drove all the way to the far NE corner of our ranch. There they cut our high fence and proceeded into one of the Briscoe pastures where BP found the truck stuck in a creek. Of course the dope and the cartel were long gone by then. They're trying to make it to the Junco and then to HWY 44 where they get picked up.

Holy Crap! I should **** if someone walked into camp!

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7353845 11/20/18 08:18 PM
21xsElite Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Hunting a place in Bracketville we had some open the door to the sleeping quarters we were in at 3am. Then the owner dropped us off at the popup blinds (bow hunting) and as I unzipped the door two came running out as I was trying to get in. As soon as it got daylight I walked back to camp and got in my truck and left.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7353873 11/20/18 08:47 PM
C
ChanceHuiet Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Saw some on property we hunted in 2015 between uvalde and bracketville. Called BP and 3 trucks and a helicopter showed up within 20 minutes. They got them.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7353934 11/20/18 10:13 PM
Bbear Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Hunted a lease in Webb county. Friday, when we got there, the 'cabin' door was open. They obviously heard us and came out of the door like their tails were on fire. Scattered like a covey of quail. We called the Sheriff and BP. Deputy came out and searched the house. They had eaten some food we'd left and slept in the beds. One of them left a backpack w/ about a pound of marijuana in it other than that, no damages.
Last year I hunted that place. We'd find where they slept in blinds and crapped in them and more.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pay it forward - Kids are the future.

Rifles are similar to boats and young women...there's no end to how much money you can pour into them without making them any more useful.
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: Bbear] #7353944 11/20/18 10:23 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bbear
Hunted a lease in Webb county. Friday, when we got there, the 'cabin' door was open. They obviously heard us and came out of the door like their tails were on fire. Scattered like a covey of quail. We called the Sheriff and BP. Deputy came out and searched the house. They had eaten some food we'd left and slept in the beds. One of them left a backpack w/ about a pound of marijuana in it other than that, no damages.
Last year I hunted that place. We'd find where they slept in blinds and crapped in them and more.

I've heard these stories too many times. When I got to where I could finally afford south Texas, I'd lost my interest in putting up with that crap (sometimes, literally) for a chance at a muy grande.

I've told this on here before, but many years a go my brother had a lease in the Freer area. He had a tower blind with a trap door bottom for entry. He'd seen lots of quail, so he got in the habit of sprinkling some milo under the blind before he climbed up. He'd take his shotgun, open the door while he was up there and shoot some quail. One time he was alone out there, barbequing some quail on a hibachi on the edge of the porch and went inside for some salt or something. 'Came back out - no quail on the grill and little huarache tracks in the sand heading out to the brush.
grin

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7354014 11/21/18 12:06 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
All the time...our place is near Catarina in Dimmit co. It got so bad about 15yrs ago with them cutting our fences that we had ladders built with double hand rails (Liability for illegals bang) for crossing. So what did they do? Theyd get 50ft from stair crossing and cut fence cause they thought it was a BP trap with motion detectors bang
It seems like traffic has actually slowed in last year or so

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7354083 11/21/18 01:30 AM
L
Longhunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Not yet...

Longhunter >>>-------> Make It Count!!!<><

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7354091 11/21/18 01:41 AM
H
hunting_guy Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
HAHA! Look at the high fences along any ranch on highway 44 if you really want to know how many illegals cross through there. Every wire near the posts will be bent down from climbing over.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7354094 11/21/18 01:42 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Not in hunting season but in Feb-March, June and then again in Sept-Oct. Largest group was 18 in late March or first few days of April while we were shed hunting. Had one walk up on me while I was under a Polaris Ranger changing the oil/filter. I had a rifle and shotgun in the Ranger but no way I could have gotten to it. Luckily it was an older gentleman that had been using the same route for over 35 yrs I was told. He was headed to Three Rivers. He had his route and usually traveled alone.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7354281 11/21/18 07:14 AM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Sometimes hired ranch hands moonlight as mules...

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7355144 11/22/18 12:14 PM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Last year while searching for a wounded deer in La Salle county, we were looking through a dry creek bed and come up on probably a dozen or so back packs. We were looking after dark so Im sure they scattered.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7355221 11/22/18 02:41 PM
Zach S Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A friend has a ranch down in South Texas. Seen a number of illegals come through, even found one or two that had died.

They were given a Ostrich by another ranch as they were having problems with the Ostrich being too mean and until that Ostrich died, they had almost zero illegals coming through.

My buddy had a close relationship with the local BP agents and they kept hearing stories from caught illegals about el gran pollo malo.

Maybe we should just provide free ostrichs to many South Texas ranches.

Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7356301 11/23/18 11:20 PM
S
shadams Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Yep. Couple years back I saw headlights through the windows of my camper around midnight, I looked out the window and saw a truck driving out our gate and thought maybe someone just got lost and was turning around (happens all the time as the road dead ends into our property and if the gates open i guess people dont realize its not still the road). Next morning two dudes sitting around our outdoor table. [censored] myself and went up to them and my uncle was sitting with them. Once of the guys used to work at our ranch in the 80's and didnt know the old ranch foreman wasn't on the ranch any more, apparently he let them use our place as a stop over on their way to Dallas. I told them hey no hard feelings but that arrangement was over. Someone came and picked them up later that day, hell while they were there they did a bunch of yard work for us, seriously. Never have seen them since.

"If the Truth becomes Outlawed, then Outlaws we must become..."
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7356634 11/24/18 11:10 AM
D
DH3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Years ago, I had a very small piece of acreage about 6 miles out of Rocksprings on 674. One afternoon about an hour after I climbed into the blind, 3 illegals carrying water bottles and their wrapped clothes on a stick, walked in front of my feeder.
I exploded a rock about 4 feet away from the last guy. Carl Lewis, on his best day, could not have run any faster.

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7357877 11/26/18 03:37 AM
G
GO REBS Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
BP is always up and down 674.

GO REBS
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7358132 11/26/18 03:12 PM
S
Son of a Blitch Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Got a family ranch in Dimmit County and have had many hunts interrupted by BP coming through the property looking for illegals (they call them "bodies"). Usually find 20-40 backpacks a year on our place. Some years even more than that. Most of these people have meals and a fresh change of clothes in their backpacks. They ditch their old clothes and backpacks and walk into town or get picked up on the outskirts of town. So, our area is kind of the last resting stop it seems. I'd say 90% are families. There have been a few groups of 20-30 year old men with very large rectangular backpacks or duffle bags. I'm sure they are just carrying medical supplies and presents for charity, right? Had a group of 6 men (with BIG, rectangular packs) walk up to our ranch manager and ask if he had any water and where the town dump was located. I guess that was their meet up/drop off spot. He only had a revolver on him and said that was the last time he only carried a six shooter on the ranch. He threw them some bottled water he had in the truck bed, told them how to get to the dump site and when they were out of sight, he called BP. Choppers were there in minutes he said (BP station is VERY close). I used to walk around that ranch as a 10 year old with a .22 and would stay out all day by myself. I would not allow that for kids these days under the circumstances. It sure does change the dynamics of the ranch for us. Very uneasy to know there may be many sets of eyes on you on your own place, and you never know how desperate some people can be, especially those boys carrying the big bags! I stay armed and on alert at ALL times.

I have seen illegals around that area, running across highways and roads, but haven't seen anyone on the ranch. Everyone else has for the most part. I have walked up to the stand in the dark and smelled a fire, heard illegals bolt through the brush, found fresh backpacks and food, and once we found some ice cold mescal in a sprite bottle (they bring a cooler?). So, I knowI've been within close proximity many times, or walked in their tracks minutes or hours after they did, or vice versa. Such an uneasy feeling!

Last edited by George - w/ Map My Ranch; 11/26/18 03:18 PM.

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
www.YouTube.com/@sonofablitch
"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB
Re: Anybody ever encounter illegals while deer hunting? [Re: harkm] #7370903 12/08/18 09:06 PM
F
fishbait Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
in 2012 I was seeing picup trucks loaded with illegals..about twenty per load maybe twice a week. I have cameras all over my lease. Just so happened some of those cameras caught illegals all over the ranch. One camera caught me coming in the lease and the illegals were right behind me. ICE came in with added patrols by shariff's office. Many times there was places that the stolen trucks were emptied and used for illegals. This was in Dewitt co. This can happen anywhere. Be very careful all the time and always take your keys with ya.
We are loosing the war on illegals at an enormous rate. The population could be in the 60 million range. We are loosing our country as we know it. Illegal support people are being elected every day. Congress is getting money to help the illegals by big business. Many Congressmen is not supporting we the people..they are supporting foriegn countries. We all had better get involved and fast. This is not political this is simply facts as I see them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide