Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lying neighbor [Re: Espy] #7345545 11/12/18 03:41 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Espy
Originally Posted by PKGR
I’d just be pissed that he’s a bald faced liar.

Sounds like he wanted you to lay off the deer so he would have more to shoot.

Very common scenario. Antler derangement syndrome. I know a guy that, if you found a 7 year old Saskatchewan bruiser, the kind of deer that looks like there's a large oak tree growing out of his head, would say "Don't you think we should give him another year?", and then he'd make arrangements as quickly as possible to get his family out there to shoot it. He's on my lease.

Small property "agreements" among owners regarding trophy deer management never work out, human nature being what it is.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Lying neighbor [Re: SEC1] #7345712 11/12/18 01:48 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
The deer being killed wouldnt bother me. Lying to me would end our friendship. I wont tolerate that.

Re: Lying neighbor [Re: SEC1] #7345735 11/12/18 02:11 PM
D
D Rogers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Obviously this says quite a bit about his character and I would be quite peeved as well. Unfortunately he can do whatever the heck he wants within the confines of the law

~Dustin

"Life's complicated, man, like a dang ol' Rubik's cube, man. Talkin' 'bout blue and red, man. Dang ol' get one side, dang ol' messed up th' other side, man."

-Boomhauer
Re: Lying neighbor [Re: SEC1] #7345736 11/12/18 02:11 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I would just tell him any agreement you had is null and void and move on. No need to even explain it unless you feel the need as a courtesy, or better yet just move on anyway.
Chalk it up as one of life's many lessons.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Lying neighbor [Re: SEC1] #7346157 11/12/18 08:20 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I wouldn't bother telling him anything....you stated in an earlier post its about a "mans word", if he's willing to break it he's not much of a man, nor is he worth knowing.

Re: Lying neighbor [Re: QMC SW/EXW] #7346175 11/12/18 08:38 PM
B
budward Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted by QMC(SW/EXW)
What he hangs his tag on is his business as long as it is legal game. Not sure why anybody would get upset, If I have a tag in my pocket, I (not you) will decide what I do with it. Since when does hunting for meat or just the enjoyment become a bad thing? Why the obsession with big antlers or old bucks? That is not why I or anybody I know hunts. Just my 2 cents worth. Feel free to disagree but in the end nobody has the right to tell someone else what LEGAL game to take even if there was a previous agreement.

While I agree about the dishonesty being uncalled for, chock it up to a life experience and move on. Lots of liars out there and you'll never get away from all of them. It is what it is.

Couldn't agree more. I have several tags and I enjoy deer hunting and I enjoy harvesting animals and eating them. I am all for proper land management but I really get turned off by the overly obsessive trophy hunters.

Re: Lying neighbor [Re: budward] #7346257 11/12/18 09:34 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by budward
Originally Posted by QMC(SW/EXW)
What he hangs his tag on is his business as long as it is legal game. Not sure why anybody would get upset, If I have a tag in my pocket, I (not you) will decide what I do with it. Since when does hunting for meat or just the enjoyment become a bad thing? Why the obsession with big antlers or old bucks? That is not why I or anybody I know hunts. Just my 2 cents worth. Feel free to disagree but in the end nobody has the right to tell someone else what LEGAL game to take even if there was a previous agreement.

While I agree about the dishonesty being uncalled for, chock it up to a life experience and move on. Lots of liars out there and you'll never get away from all of them. It is what it is.

Couldn't agree more. I have several tags and I enjoy deer hunting and I enjoy harvesting animals and eating them. I am all for proper land management but I really get turned off by the overly obsessive trophy hunters.

Like I said early on, "not worth getting bent around the axle". Life is way too short and too many real issues out there for me to take non-useful umbrage on someone not living up to their "verbal agreement" on harvesting of whitetail bucks. Disappointing maybe, but not irreparable in my estimation. Your kid being diagnosed out of nowhere with cancer at age 2 and fighting for his life for the next 5 years of life; that is another whole ballgame entirely. I guess it's truly about perspective for me.

Re: Lying neighbor [Re: SEC1] #7346408 11/12/18 11:32 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
A few different groups managing a few small properties is possible for herd improvement, but unlikely. I bet it is easier to agree and then go ahead and do their own thing. Is that what he did?

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Lying neighbor [Re: Rustler] #7346598 11/13/18 01:43 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
[quote=Rustler]Seems deer antlers bring out the worst in some otherwise fine folks.

You Sir just pretty much summed up the bottom line on most issues with deer hunting and leases today. I have witnessed a number of folks turn into someone different when they step onto a ranch to hunt - some will give up their entire character in order to kill a deer

Last edited by tlk; 11/13/18 01:45 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide