Print Thread
GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! #7344579 11/10/18 10:41 PM
J
JCB Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Ok the title might be a bit of a stretch but Glock did save the day. roflmao For those that like hunting stories here is one I will never forget.

The afternoon of 11/5 me and Dad both set out for our chosen stands for the afternoon hunt with big hogs being our main focus. We had both already killed our bucks for the season so hogs were our only concern. He chose a stand overlooking a big draw where he could see farther than he could shoot and I chose a stand that was pretty typical for Coke county where even if I didn’t see any hogs I pretty much could count on watching some deer.

Deer movement was pretty slow for both of us but everyone was at least seeing a few except for me. Around 5:30PM or so Dad texted me and said he had 2 Boars at the feeders but he was really looking for a bigger one so he passed on them. After a while they left and he sent me a text saying if the bigger of the two came back he would probably take the shot. Sure enough the bigger Boar showed up at his farthest feeder which is probably 275+ yards. He texted me and said he was thinking about taking him and I texted back and told him he had nothing to lose by shooting him because after all that’s what we were out there looking for.

Probably 2 minutes later I hear the shot and immediately knew it was a solid hit just from the sound. I sent him a text and told him the shot sounded good and he said the Boar dropped right under the feeder and wasn’t moving. I asked him which feeder he was at and he responded by telling me “far feeder”. I told him to keep an eye on him and make sure he was down for good. He responded by saying he wasn’t even moving at all and because of the difficulty of getting down there to him that late in the afternoon he said we could just wait until morning to retrieve him since he wasn’t going anywhere. I told him that since I wasn’t seeing a darn thing I would pack up my stuff and go get the ATV and meet him at his stand.

So after making the drive to his stand I found Dad at his ATV putting his rifle away. I told him since it was getting dark I was going to go ahead and start making my way down the mountain and get the Boar ready for some pics before we lost all light. As I drove up to the far feeder where the pig was shot there was nothing there at all. My first thought was he must have killed him at the closest feeder about 75 yards closer to the stand. I decided to shut the ATV off and just wait there for Dad to make it to where I was at. As I was waiting I kind of walked around the feeder looking for any signs that a dead hog may have been there but all I could see was some dirt kind of kicked around. No blood or any other signs of a hit pig.

About the time I decided I was at the wrong feeder Dad rolls up and I held my arms kind of up and out to the side gesturing “where is he?”. He shut the ATV off and his eyes got real big and said “You are kidding!! He was laying right there and never moved for at least 5 minutes!!!!!!” He wasn’t sure if I was playing some sort of joke on him by dragging him off into the brush or not and he was starting to get a little worked up about it so I kind of made the “shhhhhhh” sign to keep him quiet figuring the Boar had to be pretty darn close if he didn’t move for that long after the shot. I asked him if he had his pistol with him and he said its on the ATV. I told him to get it and chamber a round because we were about to start a search for him.

The area he is hunting is brand new to him this year but I already knew how the pigs were running in there because I had game cams at all the trails. There was one spot where they were known to go under the hog proof fence onto the neighbors ranch and I knew that’s where he was going to be headed if he could make it that far. I came up with a plan to go directly to the fence line crossing and work our way back to the feeder so that if we were to bump him he would head back to the interior of our place rather than cross over to the neighbors and never find him. As I was explaining the game plan to him he heard the Boar get up not even 10 yards away and he said “you hear that? He is right there!” My hearing sucks pretty bad so I listened closely and sure enough I could hear him making his way towards the fence at about a 45 degree angle towards the crossing I was concerned with trying to prevent him from reaching.

I knew there was no chance of catching him from behind in that thick brush so as the Boar was running for the fence crossing I went running towards the actual fence with the idea of sprinting down the fence line and putting myself between him and the crossing. I covered about 40 yards of fence line at full speed hurdling Cactus and Cedar the whole way when he stepped out in front of me. I stopped and drew my Glock 33 and just as I got ready to fire he turned and was headed away from me right for that crossing. It looked like Dads 300RUM had hit high shoulder because his left shoulder was obviously broke the way he was running.

At this point my only chance of stopping him from reaching that crossing was to hit him somewhere and anywhere. All he was offering was a rear end shot so that’s what I took. My first shot he crumpled but then got up. I started running and shooting at the same time and just about every shot he would drop and get right back up again. Every shot would slow him down just enough that I was gaining ground on him and at about 10 yards I was able to hit him in the back of the neck and he crashed in some scrub oaks.

Finally I was convinced he was down for good. This all happened so fast that I don’t think Dad ever made it 10’ from the ATV’s. As I was walking back up the fence line Dad was waiting at the top of the hill laughing at me. I asked him what was so funny and he said “You looked like Danial Boone the way you tore azz after that pig when you heard him”. I was completely out of breath but I told him he was down if he wanted to go take a look.

We made our way down the fence line to where I put the last round in him and guess what……NOT THERE!! The SOB had gotten up AGAIN and was about 15’ farther up under a Cedar. This time I put another round of 357 Sig in his neck and he dropped once again and I got in there and put my boot on his neck to hold him down until he breathed his last breath.

I stood there on top of him waiting and waiting and he just kept grunting and popping his jaws. I ended up grabbing him by his rear legs and dragging him out while still trying to get away and told dad to put a round from his Glock just behind his shoulders while I held the rear legs. That was the final round for the Boar from Hell. Dad got to get the first and last shot in which was kinda cool but I could have done without all the drama in between. LOL

By now it was dark so we got him loaded up and back to the top of the mountain and he was on his way back to camp with us so we could do pictures the next morning. The next morning I started counting bullet holes and it looks like 6 out of the 8 rounds fired struck him which I thought was pretty impressive given the fact I was basically running and firing at the same time.

I have had several crazy pig stories over the years but this one tops them all. He aint the biggest we have ever killed on the place but he might be the baddest and certainly the most memorable. I have a lot of respect for how tough these animals are and this one certainly did nothing but reinforce that respect. No they aint the man eaters that some act like they are, but their will to live is amazing!

Attached Files DSC00803.JPGDSC00806.JPGDSC00812.JPG
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344581 11/10/18 10:44 PM
J
JCB Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
BAAAA HUMMBUG!!!! I DONT LIKE THOSE ATTACHED THUMBNAIL CLICK-A-MADOODLES! BRING BACK FULL SIZE PHOTOS!!!

Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344598 11/10/18 11:16 PM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
man justin you need to write a book.youre a great storyteller..nice story...storys you can tell your grandkids..oh wait..we have to get you married first..lol

Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344604 11/10/18 11:22 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Great write up and successful outcome.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: Halfadozen] #7344628 11/10/18 11:49 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Halfadozen

Well done on all counts Sir

Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344669 11/11/18 12:45 AM
D
dlrz71 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
clap those mountains sounded like a war zone for a few minutes lol!!! All I could think was you had walked up on some pigs at one of your feeders. Never imagined you were chasing your dads pig rofl

Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344681 11/11/18 01:01 AM
E
Elkhunter49 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by JCB
BAAAA HUMMBUG!!!! I DONT LIKE THOSE ATTACHED THUMBNAIL CLICK-A-MADOODLES! BRING BACK FULL SIZE PHOTOS!!!

Yep I agree

A true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart.
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: Halfadozen] #7344698 11/11/18 01:15 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: Halfadozen] #7344708 11/11/18 01:35 AM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Make America Great Again

Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344759 11/11/18 02:58 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Zombie Hogs! They are tough to kill.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: stxranchman] #7344768 11/11/18 03:05 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted by stxranchman

Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344770 11/11/18 03:06 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Excellent writeup.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344780 11/11/18 03:23 AM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Cool story and nice pig. If you click on the thumbnail pictures you'll get a full screen picture, then you can scroll through them. wink

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344789 11/11/18 03:28 AM
kmon11 Offline
junior
junior
More memories made and shared, Running and gunning

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344862 11/11/18 05:46 AM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Been there. Good job finishing him off. up

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7344869 11/11/18 06:25 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Glocks.....SMDH

One shot with a 1911 would have saved you a bunch of ammo and running..... popcorn

Seriously, great story..... cheers

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7345014 11/11/18 03:48 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Click bait smile

Nice story though so it's alright.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7345608 11/12/18 10:35 AM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Great hunt with your dad and good story .

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7345713 11/12/18 01:49 PM
D
D Rogers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
awesome story and great pics

~Dustin

"Life's complicated, man, like a dang ol' Rubik's cube, man. Talkin' 'bout blue and red, man. Dang ol' get one side, dang ol' messed up th' other side, man."

-Boomhauer
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7345899 11/12/18 04:22 PM
R
Rock Rancher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Good story!

Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7345914 11/12/18 04:41 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Wow!! That pig sounds like a horror story character. The villain just keeps coming back to life!

Last edited by ChadTRG42; 11/12/18 04:42 PM.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: GLOCK SAVED MY LIFE!!! [Re: JCB] #7345915 11/12/18 04:42 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Congrats, looks like a beefy hog

Falling and not flopping and kicking is an automatic red flag for me. If the first shot doesn't do the job you pretty much have to obliterate them to stop them. Have botched the first shot on trapped hogs a few times, after you get that adrenaline running they are gonna fight you ever step of the way.

It's hell eatin em live
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide