Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Deer lease humor. #7337069 11/04/18 11:02 AM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
I know some here are all about managing, growing, and killing the biggest bucks possible. I'm just never that serious all the time, have a hard time paying attention to any one thing for too long, and am basically lazy.

I came across this picture from a lease I was on for many, many years and my brother and some other guys just lost the place due to it being sold and marketed for splitting up into smaller tracts. This was my idea and most customers and guests we took seemed to enjoy it. I particularly loved the somewhat slower witted adults who would, after bouncing for 45 minutes on a two-track, stare blankly and ask "What's that?", to which you can reply "The fork in the road, obviously."

At the back of the place, the owner had drug a tiny travel trailer he'd been given, with the crazy idea that someone may want to stay back there. I was that crazy person and cajoled my, now ex, wife to spend the night with me. Months after that we divorced. For years, (and knowing him, probably up through last year), one of my very closest friends on this earth would always point to it and explain to any newcomer that one night in that trailer had ruined my marriage. bang laugh He took great pleasure in getting me all riled up about it.

For those of you with a sense of humor smirk , what hijinks have you created or participated in on your lease? (I've got a new giant fork coming on ebay that I will be placing clandestinely on my lease very soon. )

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7337134 11/04/18 01:43 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I like it.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7337188 11/04/18 02:42 PM
J
JCO Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
If you would go to all that trouble to provide a conversation / art piece, then I don’t think you could classify yourself as lazy. Misguided, maybe, but not lazy.

NRA Life Member (Master of Poor Decisions)
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7337294 11/04/18 05:59 PM
S
Stickchunker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
That's awesome!

We put plastic Pink Flamingo's (I think 6 or 8) in my buddy's feeder pen the night before he showed up for the big Thanksgiving weekend hunt!

In these times , 'I'll keep my God , my freedom , my gun and my money. Anyone that supports this insanity can keep "THE CHANGE".
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7337295 11/04/18 06:01 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Doesn't a fork in the road have to be in the road?

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7337414 11/04/18 09:02 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Had a newbie on our lease near Jayton. We took an old mule deer mount and wired it up in a cedar tree looking at his feed pen. It looked very realistic. Opening morning came and we hear 5 shots ring out across the lease

He shot that thing and it never moved. He came back to camp, packed up his stuff and never came back. He was pizzed. Some folks have no sense of humor.

Last edited by Erathkid; 11/04/18 09:05 PM.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Erathkid] #7337532 11/04/18 11:56 PM
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Had a newbie on our lease near Jayton. We took an old mule deer mount and wired it up in a cedar tree looking at his feed pen. It looked very realistic. Opening morning came and we hear 5 shots ring out across the lease

He shot that thing and it never moved. He came back to camp, packed up his stuff and never came back. He was pizzed. Some folks have no sense of humor.

This, or something very similar, has been on my bucket list for decades. Painting one of those concrete deer the proper "patina", putting several different sheds on its head, and setting it off about 500 yards from where you drive around with your buddies has always intrigued me. geekfreak "Hit him again!! Hit him again, he ain't goin' down!!" roflmao

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Erathkid] #7337572 11/05/18 12:30 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

I’ll never understand people like that. I think they hate fun.

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7337582 11/05/18 12:35 AM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Usually save the pranks until end of the season. Ed was usually the butt of the jokes. Wired all his blind windows shut the night before. Could here him banging those blind windows a quarter mile away. He thought they were froze shut. Put an Indigo shed under the covers of his rack. Took him a few minutes after turning in before he found it. HOLY HECK that got intense.

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7337640 11/05/18 01:24 AM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
I’ve posted this before, but will add to this thread. I hunted with a group of good friends on a large ranch with a house. One was a pretty hard sleeper, and went to bed early while the rest of us stayed up late drinking beer and smoking cigars. One night, around midnight, we cleaned up our empties, made a pan of biscuits, then snuck in and changed his alarm clock. A few minutes later he came out, groggy/half-asleep, scarfed down a biscuit, grabbed his gear, and headed to the blind on his ATV. We watched his headlights wind down the hill.

After about 30 minutes we saw the lights coming back up the hill. He was pretty good natured and not too mad. That was almost 15 years ago, and I am still on guard for payback.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Erathkid] #7338321 11/05/18 05:14 PM
W
Whack n stack Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W

roflmao that is so great!

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338364 11/05/18 05:45 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I thoroughly enjoy giving folks a good-natured (and somewhat unrelenting) hard time.

This weekend we had a guy that is my father's age shoot a smaller-than-desirable buck. I really enjoy his company, wit, and respect the hell out of him. He feels terrible about shooting the deer; I am pretty sure it was a case of mistaken identity for the buck to get shot.

He is worried I am mad and was reportedly worried that this may have been grounds for being asked to leave our lease.

Normally, giving this guy an extremely hard time would be in order. I have told all our crew that am just going to stay uncharacteristically silent. That is funny...to me at least.

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Dalroo] #7338377 11/05/18 05:59 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Dalroo
I’ve posted this before, but will add to this thread. I hunted with a group of good friends on a large ranch with a house. One was a pretty hard sleeper, and went to bed early while the rest of us stayed up late drinking beer and smoking cigars. One night, around midnight, we cleaned up our empties, made a pan of biscuits, then snuck in and changed his alarm clock. A few minutes later he came out, groggy/half-asleep, scarfed down a biscuit, grabbed his gear, and headed to the blind on his ATV. We watched his headlights wind down the hill.

After about 30 minutes we saw the lights coming back up the hill. He was pretty good natured and not too mad. That was almost 15 years ago, and I am still on guard for payback.

We have done that same thing, except I dropped him off after going through a deep water crossing knowing full well he wasn’t coming back to camp because of the water. He was pissed . roflmao

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: HuntnFly67] #7338455 11/05/18 06:50 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: HuntnFly67
He feels terrible about shooting the deer; I am pretty sure it was a case of mistaken identity for the buck to get shot.

He is worried I am mad and was reportedly worried that this may have been grounds for being asked to leave our lease.

I was on a lease years ago where we were allowed to bring a guest, late season, to cull does. One morning, one of the guests called out on the radio that he needed help with a "big doe" he had just shot. Since I had the ranch truck, I drove around to assist and haul. The big doe was actually a button buck that I lifted into bed of truck with great ease by myself. He did get a ration of ribbing, not all good natured, and was not invited back. It was a mistake, but he had spent the previous night bragging about his hunting prowess and marksmanship skills - enough so that we decided that he was not a welcome addition to future hunts.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338478 11/05/18 07:08 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
The motioned sensored skeleton in the deer blind and the coon tail hanging out of the feeder have been my favorite gags. Make sure you do the skeleton bit in ground blinds only. Fat guys can’t fly.😂 rofl

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338633 11/05/18 08:50 PM
M
MELackey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I have a skunk stuffed animal. One morning I left the house earlier than normal and put it in the blind my brother-in-law was hunting. Fun times.

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338745 11/05/18 10:03 PM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Dang, messing up someone's hunt doesn't seem too cool. Especially opening day they waited all year for. The camp pranks are hilarious.

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338747 11/05/18 10:03 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
One night my brother and I waited for my dad to go to sleep. About an hour after, he was out like a log. We tied up to his travel trailer and took him down the road. He wasn't too happy about that one

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338754 11/05/18 10:09 PM
G
Gulfgoose Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
We make an annual trip to my buddies place in Rocksprings. He is absolutely terrified of snakes and anything snake related. A couple of weeks after the trip I saw two rattlesnake mounts for sale on FB. I held on to them until the next year without anyone ever finding out except the two guys I rode out with. When we rolled in I placed one snake directly next to his bed where he puts his bag, grabbed a beer outside and told my other buddies to watch this as he walked inside. Pretty sure his scream spooked every critter in the county. The same buddy also used to park his truck at my place when he would fly to North Dakota for work and left me the keys to run it once a week. Little did he know, I had another snake in full strike pose. I placed the snake so that when he opens the latch on his toolbox it is staring him in the face fangs glaring. It took about three weeks until I got a text full of expletives. He had a rifle in his hand and was .5 seconds away from shooting his toolbox before it clicked.

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338767 11/05/18 10:20 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Back in the old days before cell phones we had a good one. You would wait until someone was asleep, then set his watch and alarm clock 2 hours early. He would get up and get to his stand and wait for daylight that seemed like it would never come. grin

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338801 11/05/18 11:01 PM
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Looking on ebay for skunk stuffed animal now...

>>> Ohhh, baby!

Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7338836 11/05/18 11:39 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Three of us were enjoying New York sirloin steaks the night before Opening Morning when I joked how the cows all seemed to disappear once we started eating.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Creekrunner] #7341260 11/07/18 09:13 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
some good ones!

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Walkabout] #7341320 11/07/18 10:02 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Walkabout
Usually save the pranks until end of the season. Ed was usually the butt of the jokes. Wired all his blind windows shut the night before. Could here him banging those blind windows a quarter mile away. He thought they were froze shut. Put an Indigo shed under the covers of his rack. Took him a few minutes after turning in before he found it. HOLY HECK that got intense.

clap

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Deer lease humor. [Re: Gulfgoose] #7341331 11/07/18 10:06 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Gulfgoose
We make an annual trip to my buddies place in Rocksprings. He is absolutely terrified of snakes and anything snake related. A couple of weeks after the trip I saw two rattlesnake mounts for sale on FB. I held on to them until the next year without anyone ever finding out except the two guys I rode out with. When we rolled in I placed one snake directly next to his bed where he puts his bag, grabbed a beer outside and told my other buddies to watch this as he walked inside. Pretty sure his scream spooked every critter in the county. The same buddy also used to park his truck at my place when he would fly to North Dakota for work and left me the keys to run it once a week. Little did he know, I had another snake in full strike pose. I placed the snake so that when he opens the latch on his toolbox it is staring him in the face fangs glaring. It took about three weeks until I got a text full of expletives. He had a rifle in his hand and was .5 seconds away from shooting his toolbox before it clicked.

Another good one... up

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide