Print Thread
Will there be new thermals at SHOT Show? #7313772 10/14/18 07:21 AM
T
Toxarch Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
I assume all the new optics come out at SHOT show. Is it likely that there will be something new from Pulsar or are they pretty set in their models for a while? I only ask because I am planning to purchase a Pulsar but I don't really need it until after deer season is over. So I can wait to purchase it in the Spring. If a new model comes out, then I could either get the new model or buy old new inventory at a discount. Or buy something better from another company.
So anyone have an educated guess on who is probably coming out with something new?

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Will there be new thermals at SHOT Show? [Re: Toxarch] #7313806 10/14/18 11:46 AM
M
Midwaytmm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Seems that the new stuff always has bugs. Let the cool kids use it . Don’t be a test monkey. Have no idea what may, or may not actually come out . Buy what you want today. Most likely not gonna get any great deals, unless something gets discontinued, even then, it ain’t that big of a discount. Good luck and have fun

Re: Will there be new thermals at SHOT Show? [Re: Toxarch] #7314202 10/14/18 07:30 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Yes, there will be new stuff. There always is. You will see a new core or two. You will see new features and maybe a new model or two, but in the end, you are going to still be seeing a maximum of 640 resolution scopes. I would not expect there to be any monumental developments that will be ready by the Shot Show.

However, there will be products at the Shot Show that may appear to be quite impressive that end up being vaporware as well. In other words, just because it is at Shot Show, don't count on it coming out in your lifetime unless it is already being offered for sale.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Will there be new thermals at SHOT Show? [Re: Toxarch] #7315784 10/16/18 04:42 AM
Outdoor Legacy Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
There will likely be some new thermals at the SHOT Show but there isn't always a lot new. 2016 didn't bring anything new and exciting to speak of. 2017 was the announcement of all the new Pulsars that started this whole thermal craze. FLIR announced a little QB14 which was vaporware and ended up being remade into the Breach over a year later without it's most exciting feature....being weapon mountable. 2018 brought almost nothing at all. FLIR had already announced the Breach, PTS536 and PTS736 several months before so that was no shock. Pulsar announced the LRF models and it's October 15th and they still aren't here, however, they are supposed to be before the end of the month....

The deal is this...there is nothing wrong in theory with waiting to see what comes out at SHOT. The problem is, there is a pretty high percentage that a decent amount of the optics might never even be produced. The ones that are put into production probably won't be shipping until April/May at BEST. (LRF's are a good example....they still aren't here yet 10 month later) Many people want to wait and see how the production scopes actually perform in the field before they buy and supply will be very low and demand high. So by the time most people are comfortable buying it's September/October and guess what....SHOT is right around the corner and it's a never ending cycle.

I have guys I talk to who have literally been stuck in this cycle for 3 years. They cannot make the purchase because they are always concerned about what might come out at SHOT next year. This is technology and it's going to be changing and improving for a long time to come.

If you really want to wait to see what comes out, my only advice would be to study what is announced and get on a pre-order list ASAP because if you don't, you'll be waiting for SHOT again the next year. I totally understand your concerns and thoughts though, it's very logical but the thermal market is really a tiny niche market and it doesn't function like a lot of larger industries do.

Jason

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Re: Will there be new thermals at SHOT Show? [Re: Toxarch] #7316410 10/16/18 07:07 PM
T
Toxarch Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
I appreciate all the input.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Will there be new thermals at SHOT Show? [Re: Toxarch] #7316683 10/16/18 10:56 PM
Outdoor Legacy Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
Quote:

— Dwight D. Eisenhower

This is one of the greatest quotes I've ever seen! So true and I'd love to say that to a lot of people. roflmao

Jason

Outdoor Legacy - Owner
The Late Night Vision Show - Co-Host
[Linked Image]
Night Vision, Thermal & Accessories
OutdoorLegacyGear.com
(877)350-1818

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide