Print Thread
Garmin Inreach Mini #7299398 09/27/18 09:47 PM
D
dradkins Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
D
I am going to be hunting Wyoming Region F and was considering getting a Inreach Mini. Does anyone have one of these and if so have you been happy with it. The guide getting killed made me think if I couldn't get phone service would the Inreach help me.

Re: Garmin Inreach Mini [Re: dradkins] #7299404 09/27/18 09:57 PM
B
BassBuster1 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
I have an in reach, it works good especially if you blue tooth it to a phone, makes txting easier.(keyboard on the device is not great) You have to pay for a plan to use it but I pay for one that I can suspend when I don't need it. It has an SOS button that sends the Calvary to your location if you have a true life or death emergency. Bottom line is it works if you are willing to pay for the service. I have used mine in two very remote areas and txted with my wife without a problem. I justified the cost because I take youth groups on back country trips and I need to feel like I can get help if I need it.

Re: Garmin Inreach Mini [Re: dradkins] #7299790 09/28/18 12:20 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: dradkins
I am going to be hunting Wyoming Region F and was considering getting a Inreach Mini. Does anyone have one of these and if so have you been happy with it. The guide getting killed made me think if I couldn't get phone service would the Inreach help me.

It’s all about how you use it, how much you use it and if you want a GPS and texting device in one and or use your phone.

If you want it purely for a sos device and a little texting, get it.
If you text a bunch and want a back up GPS, to your phone go the explorer.
All the Inreach’s have internal batteries. I recommend a external battery pack. Dark energy has served me well

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Garmin Inreach Mini [Re: dradkins] #7300724 09/29/18 02:20 PM
F
Fitzwho Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
They don’t play around when you push the SOS button either. My brother was borrowing mine this week and accidentally set it off Thursday. The Emergency Response team called me asking if I was okay. Crazy 10 minutes between them calling and getting a response from him saying he was fine. I’ve owned it for 3 years and have never accidentally set it off. Let my brother use it, doesn’t take 24 hours.

Permian_Skullworks on Instagram
Re: Garmin Inreach Mini [Re: Fitzwho] #7302486 10/01/18 07:58 PM
D
dradkins Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
D
Originally Posted By: Fitzwho
They don’t play around when you push the SOS button either. My brother was borrowing mine this week and accidentally set it off Thursday. The Emergency Response team called me asking if I was okay. Crazy 10 minutes between them calling and getting a response from him saying he was fine. I’ve owned it for 3 years and have never accidentally set it off. Let my brother use it, doesn’t take 24 hours.

Dang did they charge you for the false alarm. I noticed you can buy a insurance plan with it incase you do have to be rescued it will cover up to 50k of your expenses. I went ahead and bought one. I figured its one of them deals you hope you never have to use it but would hate to not have it. Especially since I travel long distances by myself.

Re: Garmin Inreach Mini [Re: dradkins] #7302522 10/01/18 08:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: dradkins
Originally Posted By: Fitzwho

Dang did they charge you for the false alarm. I noticed you can buy a insurance plan with it incase you do have to be rescued it will cover up to 50k of your expenses. I went ahead and bought one. I figured its one of them deals you hope you never have to use it but would hate to not have it. Especially since I travel long distances by myself.

No, they are also very professional to your emergency contracts, infact top notch., if you do hit sos...on accident.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide