Print Thread
testing #7224555 07/14/18 07:43 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
I'm new here in the ol health department of THF. About to have a 2nd baby come in August. I have so many different little things with my body to complain about so I have to start somewhere.

Physically, I'm firing up my little plan I call "caveman diet" and that will help a lot of what my problems are, allowing me more energy to be more active. I went through a divorce when I was 24 and had all the time in the world to myself so it was easy to work all day, work out at night and eat whatever I wanted. Basically if a caveman ate it, so did I. It was just a whole foods diet where I snacked all day on healthy stuff and had crazy healthy meals. Chicken, fish and veggies. No added fats to make them taste better. Spices were my freind at all times.

Internally, I have questions regarding testing of the body with regards to deficiencies or overabundance of any and all necesary nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Is there a specific type of doctor that handles this? I know some natural docs can get pretty wierd with the supplements but I have to believe in some of them. I've seen them do awesome things for people. Otherwise I just want to get a good baseline for what I'm starting to accomplish

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: testing [Re: Bullfrog] #7224613 07/14/18 09:22 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Your GP should be able to give you a blood test with a full panel / workup that can tell you what you want to know. If you don't have one look for a wellness doc that tends to work on a cash basis. A blood test can be done for around a 100 bucks. Sounds like you are fairly young, but while you are at it have them check testosterone and b levels since energy is low.

However, it's a good bet if you do your caveman reasonable intake, kill the carbs, and start exercising, your energy levels will likely increase in short order.

Searching the world over for the perfect Chile Relleno.
Re: testing [Re: HOF] #7224752 07/15/18 01:46 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: HOF
Your GP should be able to give you a blood test with a full panel / workup that can tell you what you want to know. If you don't have one look for a wellness doc that tends to work on a cash basis. A blood test can be done for around a 100 bucks. Sounds like you are fairly young, but while you are at it have them check testosterone and b levels since energy is low.

However, it's a good bet if you do your caveman reasonable intake, kill the carbs, and start exercising, your energy levels will likely increase in short order.

I agree the diet and exercise will do a lot. I always worry about what I can do to help it along. I’m 38 and have done things in my lifetime I’m not proud of that I fear has caused irreparable damage and I want to address the symptoms I still do have. I really think I need a neuro doc too.

I have insurance. My MIL used to be a nurse but has retired so I try not to use them anymore so I really don’t have a PCP and I do NOT have any desire to ever use a pain therapist anymore. That’s a vicious cycle that I’m glad to be away from and want to take a stab at all this from a different angle

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: testing [Re: Bullfrog] #7224759 07/15/18 01:58 AM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
That said, sounds like a wellness doctor is what you are looking for. They'll fix you up with testosterone, pharmacutecle speed, b12 shots, and whatever else it takes to give you an edge. 99% is up to you to beat the feet and watch what you eat. I know. I just described myself.

Searching the world over for the perfect Chile Relleno.
Re: testing [Re: Bullfrog] #7225022 07/15/18 04:08 PM
Exbellicus Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
labsmd.com if you want to get testing done on your own. Print the lab order and take it to any Quest lab (they're all over the place) and they will draw your blood. Results come in online in a few days.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide