Originally Posted By: jorge
My boss has a 2018 raptor and he's into Baja racing. He told me the raptor at the dealership is not identical to what would be run in Baja races. He does like it a lot though

Not close at all but for a street legal truck it is amazing what it can do and still be rigged out like it is. I have 2 buddies who run Baja. One started out with a ford ranger running S.C.O.R.E. he was competitive but then he wanted to go full tilt and commissioned a Robbie Gorden trophy truck and in early 2000’s those where $350,000.00. He would invite me to go run Baja but that’s is above my pay grade and can’t afford 2 weeks off. I am going to go with my other buddy to run a S.C.O.R.E. event with his trophy truck that is only a year old. That one cost almost $500,000.00. The bad part is these trophy trucks are like cell phones and outdated after one season. So to stay competitive you dump more money in them. They are “hobbyist”. No sponsors and if they win it is like any other racing and you do it because you love it.

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan