Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Lease Boss #7166070 05/10/18 07:59 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
So I got this topic started on another forum. I think the only ones offened are the guys chiming in they are the lease bosses/managers.

I will give you my thoughts right now. There is no way you can justify having other lease members pay YOUR spot.

For what? A few phone calls etc?? SMH

Here it is. Chime in...

I had a conversation with my bud out in East, Texas. We were chatting about leases, members etc

He has 3 leases in the Huntsville area and his main lease in the hill country. He pays top dollar for his leases.

The interesting thing he was telling me is more so in east Texas, it is common for the lease boss/manager to pay nothing for his lease.

He splits the total price among his members, excluding himself and in a nutshell they pay for him.

Sounds chicken $%^& to me but he says some of those guys have the mentality that is one of their perks. I am not sure how common it is anymore. Interesting though

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166127 05/10/18 08:52 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I wouldn’t pay for someone else’s spot...my 2cents

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166131 05/10/18 08:54 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Nope

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Lease Boss [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7166134 05/10/18 08:56 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
I wouldn’t pay for someone else’s spot...my t 2cents

Yep

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166141 05/10/18 09:05 PM
S
spg Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Sounds like something a democrat would do.......Don't tread on me!! The boss of all people should pull his own weight.

Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166145 05/10/18 09:07 PM
O
oldstyle244 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
I found our lease, my name is on the lease, the electric meter is in my name, the land owner calls me with any issues, I need to scramble to find another person should someone leave, I have to set the rules (although we really don't have that many) and I pay the exact same amount as anyone else.

I am sure I could have found a way to discount myself, but most of the guys on the lease are friends or have become friends. Plus our lease is only 10 guys, so I couldn't see adding another couple hundred bucks to them just so I get a free ride.

Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166150 05/10/18 09:10 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Nope it’s not right but it goes on.....demand for hunting spots far outweigh the availability of land. Some people are willing to put up with more than they normally would especially on a good place.

Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166167 05/10/18 09:21 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I think the cost of the spot is relative to the way I would feel about it and the work that's involved for the "lease boss".

I mean are we talking $800 a spot or $4500? That's a big difference and would weigh heavily on how I would feel about it.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166206 05/10/18 09:49 PM
N
Nitro27 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
I bet it happens more than you think.If your not the lease boss/don't have communication with the land owner. How do you know what the total for the lease per year is?

Re: Lease Boss [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7166266 05/10/18 10:46 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

[Linked Image]
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166289 05/10/18 11:06 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Why the hell are you on a lease, that grouchy old fart in Howard county lets ya hunt for free. Matter of fact he told me to tell you he's developing a little bit of a hog problem and might need some help.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166290 05/10/18 11:09 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I don’t see what the problem is. If you don’t want to pay for his spot get off of the lease.

Re: Lease Boss [Re: scalebuster] #7166306 05/10/18 11:24 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: scalebuster
I don’t see what the problem is. If you don’t want to pay for his spot get off of the lease.

cap·i·tal·ism
ˈkapədlˌizəm/Submit
noun
an economic and political system in which a hunting lease are controlled by private lease bosses/managers for profit, rather than by the members.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166308 05/10/18 11:25 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
That would not be for me but there may be a circumstance that permits the situation for some.

Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166310 05/10/18 11:26 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: 7mag
So I got this topic started on another forum. I think the only ones offened are the guys chiming in they are the lease bosses/managers.

I will give you my thoughts right now. There is no way you can justify having other lease members pay YOUR spot.

Here it is. Chime in...

I had a conversation with my bud out in East, Texas. We were chatting about leases, members etc

He has 3 leases in the Huntsville area and his main lease in the hill country. He pays top dollar for his leases.

The interesting thing he was telling me is more so in east Texas, it is common for the lease boss/manager to pay nothing for his lease.

He splits the total price among his members, excluding himself and in a nutshell they pay for him.

Sounds chicken $%^& to me but he says some of those guys have the mentality that is one of their perks. I am not sure how common it is anymore. Interesting though

I have been a lease boss for 11 years on a large LF ranch - lots of money per gun - and I pay may own way. I also fully follow all of our rules. So I get NOTHING out of it financially - I do it because I get the right guys and I love deer and management.

However ----- for you to say "for what? a few phone calls?" - I am sorry but you are clueless. Go be a lease boss for a year or two and then report back here to tell us all that it only involves a few phone calls?

In most cases the lease boss signs the lease with the landowner - therefore THEY are fully financially responsible for the entire lease bill. The LB has to find hunters to fill spots. They have to collect the money. They have to answer to the landowner for hunter mistakes. They have to enforce the rules even when it is uncomfortable. They have to deal with a lease member who decides to fudge and break the rules. The list goes on and on. So again - until YOU have been a lease boss yourself then please restrain yourself.

Last edited by tlk; 05/10/18 11:29 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Lease Boss [Re: tlk] #7166314 05/10/18 11:28 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: tlk

Here it is. Chime in...

I have been a lease boss for 11 years on a large LF ranch - lots of money per gun - and I pay may own way.

However ----- for you to say "for what? a few phone calls?" - I am sorry but you are clueless. Go be a lease boss for a year or two and then report back here to tell us all that it only involves a few phone calls?

In most cases the lease boss signs the lease with the landowner - therefore THEY are fully responsible for the entire lease bill. The LB has to find hunters to fill spots. They have to collect the money. They have to answer to the landowner for hunter mistakes. They have to enforce the rules even when it is uncomfortable. They have to deal with a lease member who decides to fudge and break the rules. The list goes on and on. So again - until YOU have been a lease boss yourself then please restrain yourself.

I was for 12 yrs so yeah move along

[Linked Image]
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166319 05/10/18 11:31 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
There is no way you can justify taking anywhere from 2 grand on up as a lease boss from others. Hell for that fill our feeders, work the camp etc.

Secretaries need not apply.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166328 05/10/18 11:36 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Here it is. Chime in...

I have been a lease boss for 11 years on a large LF ranch - lots of money per gun - and I pay may own way.

In most cases the lease boss signs the lease with the landowner - therefore THEY are fully responsible for the entire lease bill. The LB has to find hunters to fill spots. They have to collect the money. They have to answer to the landowner for hunter mistakes. They have to enforce the rules even when it is uncomfortable. They have to deal with a lease member who decides to fudge and break the rules. The list goes on and on. So again - until YOU have been a lease boss yourself then please restrain yourself.

so all you did was make a few phone calls? Sounds like a lot of bitterness on your part. How about YOU move along and get over it

And by the way you missed the part about "I pay my own way" = why are you mad at me?

Last edited by tlk; 05/10/18 11:39 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166333 05/10/18 11:40 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
It's chicken s@$t alright

Re: Lease Boss [Re: tlk] #7166347 05/10/18 11:52 PM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

Here it is. Chime in...

so all you did was make a few phone calls? Sounds like a lot of bitterness on your part. How about YOU move along and get over it

And by the way you missed the part about "I pay my own way" = why are you mad at me?

Whooooo easy GF. I also ate their steaks and drank their beer.

Last edited by 7mag; 05/11/18 12:07 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166372 05/11/18 12:13 AM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Good luck to you - hope you can work through your issues - Adios

You can't fix stupid
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166389 05/11/18 12:25 AM
T
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I have never been a lease boss/manager, but I don't have a problem with the lease manager splitting cost amongst all the other guns on a big property. I hunted on a 7,500 acre lease with 14 guns for over 20 years, and I never once asked the lease manager whether or not he is paying his own way or splitting his costs amongst the rest of us. First of all, I didn't think it was any of my business; I based my decision on whether or not I thought the hunting was worth the money, not worrying about whether or not he was paying. Second of all, he did a whole lot more than make a few phone calls. He would have to sign the lease and assume financial responsibility for the entire amount (which was quite a lot for such a big place), show the place to new hunters when someone left, field calls from current members as well as prospective members, manage blind locations, ensure agreed upon wildlife management practices were followed, enforce other lease rules, deal with all complaints, handle the water and electrical bills, etc., etc.

Now with that said, If I hunted on a smaller property with only 3-4 guns I am sure I would feel differently. Far less work with fewer people and less money involved. Now I hunt on family land, so no need to worry about such things smile.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."
Re: Lease Boss [Re: tlk] #7166404 05/11/18 12:35 AM
7mag Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Good luck to you - hope you can work through your issues - Adios

No issues. We have no lease bosses.

[Linked Image]
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166417 05/11/18 12:47 AM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
My last lease was like that. Turned out the guy was only paying one of the heirs. When the others found out, everyone was run off the property and the place hasn't been leased since.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Lease Boss [Re: 7mag] #7166449 05/11/18 01:16 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Typical east Texas B.S.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide