Print Thread
Tim Kennedy #7163547 05/08/18 07:06 AM
C
chital_shikari Offline OP
Minor in training
OP Offline
Minor in training
C
So Tim Kennedy wants to have the conversation nobody on his side is willing to have.

What are your opinions on his remarks? I am referencing specifically the remarks he has made on the podcast with Lance Armstrong, in an interview with RECOIL, and his social media pages (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter). I am not referring to what the screeching "muh guns" crowd is commenting on the internet about him nor the memes that have come out of it.

If you don't know his remarks, check these links out:
http://www.recoilweb.com/exclusive-tim-kennedys-gun-control-statement-clarified-136782.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h83fpCZQFT8 (11 minute mark is where it begins)

I applaud him for saying what he believes and sticking to it despite being sponsored by 5.11 and Leupold. I also applaud him for approaching the 2nd Amendment as law rather than as the mythical liberty that the crowd that wants tanks and SAWs likes to yell about. Tim Kennedy is both a statist and a libertarian (small-L) at the same time; it's an interesting balance.

I agree with Tim Kennedy. I think there should be BETTER laws regarding firearms than those currently on the books. In the YouTube video he makes a point about Nik Cruz (the Parkland shooter) getting his rifle legally when he should not have been able to do so. I also liked his proposed solution modeling the pilot stuff, though I don't know how true that is. I think that guns need to be treated like cars: education in the public school system and licensing.

I assume that most reading this will be pretty upset right about now so I won't go into further detail (also because it's 2 am) but would like to hear your thoughts on Tim Kennedy and potential solutions about ending mass shootings in the USA. Thanks for your input.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7163566 05/08/18 10:39 AM
R
RiverRider Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Don't care to listen to an obviously confused "libertarian and statist." The point apparently missed is that gun restrictions only hamper the law abiding and will not deter those bent on murder and mayhem. It's not a gun problem, it's a moral, spiritual, and social problem. I DO AGREE that education can be a part of the solution, but the fact is that the so-called progressive element won't consent to the kinds of educational approaches that would work. They are completely in the bag for degeneracy of all stripes. If you'd been around long enough to have seen a more normal world you world realize that. You have never seen "normal" and have no idea what it looks like.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7163593 05/08/18 11:26 AM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
troll

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7163626 05/08/18 12:15 PM
K
Korean Redneck Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
I was wondering who Tim Kennedy was. First thought was the Kennedy's but apparently wrong.
As much as I could care less what David Hogg or Emma Gonzalez say about gun control, I think this unknown to me person's opinion is equally good.

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7163629 05/08/18 12:21 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Gun control is pretty much like abortion-the sides won’t ever come together on it. Ever.

Two different worlds. There is no real middle ground.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7163662 05/08/18 12:57 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Gun control is pretty much like abortion-the sides won’t ever come together on it. Ever.

For years I tried to understand why these issues were so complicated and difficult to get consensus on. I eventually just realized that you're right - nobody is going to ever agree with the other side on either of these topics.

The only positive is that the left has finally come out and admitted that they want to take all the guns. I have an ex-marine buddy at work (hardcore liberal) who has for years been saying that nobody wants to take my guns and they just want common sense gun reform. I finally asked him last week, "If there was a law banning ownership of all guns, would you support it?" He replied, "Absolutely." I explained to him that you can't really support partial gun confiscation. Nobody does. The only reason you're asking for partial steps now is so you can get all the guns later. He agreed and I think started to understand why we feel the way we feel.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7163674 05/08/18 01:09 PM
A
aggiehunter03 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A

I'm on the side with all the guns.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7163678 05/08/18 01:18 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

The problem between the two sides is actually very simple to understand. The left is not interested in compromise except when it then allows them to exploit the compromise to further their cause. If they can get gun owners to compromise their rights in anyway they will use it to push their agenda, the repeal of the 2nd amnendment, in the courts and will not stop until they win....period. All you need to do is look at how they have pushed their abortion agenda. It started out with a three month window and they did not stop until they had abortion on demand, literally baby in the birth canal, and having tax payers fund it. The U.S. has the most liberal abortion laws in the world! And unfortunately our tax dollars are going to pay for the outright murder of children. bang And then you can see what they've done with their homosexual agenda, they didn't simply want "equal" rights they want to force this country into succumbing to their movement and are willing to destroy people and businesses to do it.

So this is why we simply can't compromise with the left on any gun control measures. There are SO MANY things that went wrong in the FL shooting! There were more than enough laws in place that should have prevented and stopped this but the FBI and the liberal police dept of that town was complicit in what happened. If the FBI had actedit could have been prevented, if they had not placed him in the Obama program he most likely would have been stopped etc.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7163705 05/08/18 01:52 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
This little comic pretty much sums up the left vs right on gun control. By the way the 2nd Amendment is a God given right, it is not a law.

[Linked Image]

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7163740 05/08/18 02:26 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Well, it’s not actually God-given. But it is Constitutionally given.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7163925 05/08/18 04:48 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Not. One. Inch.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7163931 05/08/18 04:54 PM
R
RiverRider Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R

An arguable point, but no point to the argument.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7163960 05/08/18 05:31 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
And here I was thinking this section was for rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7164221 05/08/18 10:08 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
People will say anything for fame or attention. [censored] him

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: RiverRider] #7164310 05/08/18 11:24 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: RiverRider

An arguable point, but no point to the argument.

Not really from the gun side, but to me there is from the spiritual side. I prefer to not be sloppy with spiritual matters. God doesn’t grant us rights, because we are not Him. Thankfully, He does give us grace and mercy in abundance.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: SapperTitan] #7164400 05/09/18 12:20 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
People will say anything for fame or attention. [censored] him

This...

[Linked Image]
Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: RiverRider] #7164405 05/09/18 12:24 AM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: RiverRider
Don't care to listen to an obviously confused "libertarian and statist." The point apparently missed is that gun restrictions only hamper the law abiding and will not deter those bent on murder and mayhem. It's not a gun problem, it's a moral, spiritual, and social problem. I DO AGREE that education can be a part of the solution, but the fact is that the so-called progressive element won't consent to the kinds of educational approaches that would work. They are completely in the bag for degeneracy of all stripes. If you'd been around long enough to have seen a more normal world you world realize that. You have never seen "normal" and have no idea what it looks like.

This.

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7164524 05/09/18 01:54 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I am for regulating access to firearms not the firearm itself.

I feel like the background check systems needs to be improved so people do not fall through the cracks.

IMO everyone should be put into the chl pool and added to your drivers license. So everyone that meets the criteria is given a firearm tag on their license. Then it is illegal to sale to anyone that can not show an Id with the firearm tag.

Also if we as a society decide we don’t want guns somewhere we need to create hard limits not a sign

Re: Tim Kennedy [Re: chital_shikari] #7164612 05/09/18 03:23 AM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I'm not sure what he said or why but dont believe he is a foe of the 2nd A.

I'm familiar with him and a few other local former special forces types that run sheepdogresponse.com. They are involved and train folks and Kennedy is the head instructor.
From the website:

A SHEEPDOG’S RESPONSE
People face threats of violence every day, ranging from large-scale terrorism to one-on-one assaults. Most people are unprepared, unequipped, and untrained to respond effectively. This weakness in the flock allows the wolves to attack with great ease and success.

The answer is not more laws. The wolves don’t follow them. We must give the good guys the tools they need to effectively respond to violence. The more Sheepdogs we can train to be truly ready to respond to a mass shooting, terrorist attack, violent mugging or home invasion, the better the chances are that the bad guys will get what they deserve and the good guys will survive. Most people sign up for martial arts or weapons training expecting to learn realistic self-defense, and few get it…

personally, I'm from the POV on the 2nd Amendment--dont give an inch! My read on this guy is the same and I'd want him on my side in any fight.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide