C

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Chopped54] #7095524 02/28/18 04:14 AM
E
edwardd Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
It's a semi-auto ban for rifles, pistols, and shotguns....

Quote:
The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Marlin model 60 would be banned - ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Even 1911 might be banned with the wording - pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds - because it has the ability to take a high-cap.

sale, transfer, production, and importation - Democrats want all semi-autos gone in a lifetime. Wouldn't even be able to transfer what is currently out there to anybody else in the future.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: edwardd] #7095548 02/28/18 04:44 AM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: edwardd

Quote:
The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Marlin model 60 would be banned - ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

Even 1911 might be banned with the wording - pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds - because it has the ability to take a high-cap.

sale, transfer, production, and importation - Democrats want all semi-autos gone in a lifetime. Wouldn't even be able to transfer what is currently out there to anybody else in the future.

Not the least bit worried about it passing, much less making it out of committee.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: edwardd] #7095581 02/28/18 05:26 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: edwardd

Quote:

I just read the bill its entirety. You need need to do the same before spouting nonsense.

Marlin 60 is not included and every model of the model 60 is explicitly excluded. Just don’t put a pistol grip on it.

Hicap magizine s possessed prior to enactment are grandfathered.

Anything legally possessed prior to the enactment is considered grandfathered and is fully transferable via FFL.

This is very similar to the 1994 version with no end date.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Chopped54] #7095688 02/28/18 12:49 PM
C
Cherokee Mingan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
What a lovely little Act they put together. So nice of them to tell us which guns we can have and which ones we can't. I guess if this passes and AR's are outlawed then we will no longer be able to discuss it here. Someone here told me that talking about anything illegal would be pulled and it was. Be a shame if we can't discuss our rights.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Cherokee Mingan] #7095741 02/28/18 01:25 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Cherokee Mingan
What a lovely little Act they put together. So nice of them to tell us which guns we can have and which ones we can't. I guess if this passes and AR's are outlawed then we will no longer be able to discuss it here. Someone here told me that talking about anything illegal would be pulled and it was. Be a shame if we can't discuss our rights.

I am NOT a proponent of the changes in this bill.

But I’ll say this again. Read the text of the bill.

It does not outlaw AR’s. Only new stuff after the date of enactment.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Chopped54] #7095749 02/28/18 01:30 PM
C
Cherokee Mingan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Thanks for the update. So everything I previously said but remove "AR" and insert "new AR". There everyone is happy.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Cherokee Mingan] #7095816 02/28/18 02:01 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Thanks for the update. So everything I previously said but remove "AR" and insert "new AR". There everyone is happy.

It is a big distinction. This bill does nothing. Just like the 1994 ban. But this one is a permanent ban on new stuff and does nothing to stop criminals from getting therm.
There is also a provision that allows a retired LEO to keep any banned gun they had while they were an LEO.
Why would that be if they wanted to get rid of guns. Hmmm. Is registration coming next?

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: pegasaurus] #7095849 02/28/18 02:13 PM
C
Cherokee Mingan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: pegasaurus

It is a big distinction. This bill does nothing. Just like the 1994 ban. But this one is a permanent ban on new stuff and does nothing to stop criminals from getting therm.
There is also a provision that allows a retired LEO to keep any banned gun they had while they were an LEO.
Why would that be if they wanted to get rid of guns. Hmmm. Is registration coming next?

I agree 100% with what you said and I haven't taken the time to read this trash. I do not support any new Act or Laws that are not going to help improve our nations situation. We have laws in place that are not being enforced and criminals couldn't care less about them anyways. It's us law abiding citizens that are running in circles saying "ok, what is legal and what isn't?" These stupid left leaning politicians are attacking our 2nd Amendment rights out of emotion and personal gain. They care more about an illegal immigrants in our country than the American citizens that live here for the votes. But there is a brighter side to all this nonsense. I predict, from the left pushing the gun agenda so hard, that they will suffer in future elections. Maybe then we can start looking at the real problems and attempt to fix it. So yeah, I am fed up with it all and I am tired of the arguing and I'm sick of people trying to argue their case that are uneducated about the topic.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Cherokee Mingan] #7095871 02/28/18 02:30 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: pegasaurus

I agree 100% with what you said and I haven't taken the time to read this trash. I do not support any new Act or Laws that are not going to help improve our nations situation. We have laws in place that are not being enforced and criminals couldn't care less about them anyways. It's us law abiding citizens that are running in circles saying "ok, what is legal and what isn't?" These stupid left leaning politicians are attacking our 2nd Amendment rights out of emotion and personal gain. They care more about an illegal immigrants in our country than the American citizens that live here for the votes. But there is a brighter side to all this nonsense. I predict, from the left pushing the gun agenda so hard, that they will suffer in future elections. Maybe then we can start looking at the real problems and attempt to fix it. So yeah, I am fed up with it all and I am tired of the arguing and I'm sick of people trying to argue their case that are uneducated about the topic.

cheers

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Chopped54] #7096602 02/28/18 10:18 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
IMO, you can expect a change in the minimum age to purchase any legal firearm to be raised to 21.

No ban on AR's or other semi's.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Chopped54] #7097007 03/01/18 03:16 AM
T
TXAGGIE83 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Republicans need to introduce a bill that legalizes fully automatic weapons just to keep the Dems off balance. The best defense is a good offense.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Chopped54] #7099461 03/03/18 03:06 AM
W
wall8053 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Assault Weapons Ban 2018
For anyone who wishes to read it.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Texas Dan] #7100439 03/04/18 07:04 AM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
IMO, you can expect a change in the minimum age to purchase any legal firearm to be raised to 21.

That's going to be a sore in a lot of patriots' butts, including my own. (Not like I'm financially stable enough to buy a firearm right now or until I turn 21 anyway LOL)

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: chital_shikari] #7100617 03/04/18 03:56 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

That's going to be a sore in a lot of patriots' butts, including my own. (Not like I'm financially stable enough to buy a firearm right now or until I turn 21 anyway LOL)

Just like when the drinking age went up to 21. A lot of people were pissed off. I missed the grandfathered date of birth by 1 year. In the end, everyone got over it and the change really did nothing.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: TXAGGIE83] #7100619 03/04/18 03:59 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: TXAGGIE83
Republicans need to introduce a bill that legalizes fully automatic weapons just to keep the Dems off balance. The best defense is a good offense.

I think Texas should just ignore the law. The liberal states think they get to pick and choose which immigration and drug laws to comply with and to date there has been no real recourse. I say we can ignore federal firearm laws then. The precident has been set........

Last edited by rexmitchell; 03/04/18 04:00 PM.
Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: Chopped54] #7100959 03/04/18 11:53 PM
T
TXAGGIE83 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Just remember that those who would deprive U.S. citizens of their liberty and/or happiness best not put much stock in their life.

Re: Assault Weapons Ban 2018 [Re: TXAGGIE83] #7101677 03/05/18 05:58 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: TXAGGIE83

Better yet, introduce a bill to abolish the National Firearms Act of 1934..... flag cheers

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide