Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: TX Hitman] #7086110 02/20/18 05:42 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Finally a bill that will actually "do something" to make schools safer.... up

Anyone with a CC permit should be able to carry on any school property. They are 21+, have had a background check, and training. Post BIG signs at all school property entrances stating "CC permit holders welcome to CC on school property!"

You put an end to "free killing zones" you will put an end to these kind of attacks..... 2cents

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: TX Hitman] #7088320 02/22/18 03:47 AM
C
Charlieb68 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Texas should have done this years ago, but big city ISDs are way to liberal to allow their teachers or administrators carry on campus

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: Charlieb68] #7088645 02/22/18 03:07 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Charlieb68
Texas should have done this years ago, but big city ISDs are way to liberal to allow their teachers or administrators carry on campus

Make it a state law where they have to allow teachers/administrators to carry concealed OR pay for armed security....say, one officer per every 100 students..... texas

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: TX Hitman] #7088694 02/22/18 03:37 PM
W
wall8053 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
TX has HB 1009, it’s to have school marshals. Dallas has metal detectors and their own school police. There’s another bill that passed as well it’s SB something, I’ll have to look that one back up. However TX as well as other states should incorporate a CC law for teachers also.

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: wall8053] #7088714 02/22/18 03:54 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: wall8053
TX has HB 1009, it’s to have school marshals. Dallas has metal detectors and their own school police. There’s another bill that passed as well it’s SB something, I’ll have to look that one back up. However TX as well as other states should incorporate a CC law for teachers also.

Who can be a school marshal under the bill?

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: TX Hitman] #7088734 02/22/18 04:24 PM
W
wall8053 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: TX Hitman] #7088739 02/22/18 04:27 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Thanks Wall!

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7088754 02/22/18 04:40 PM
W
wall8053 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler
Thanks Wall!

Yes sir, no problem

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: TX Hitman] #7089042 02/22/18 08:45 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
With out going back and studying it, a school martial is a school employee chosen by the school board. Must get specific training as such. If they are fired or quit and go to another school district they are no longer a School Martial unless reappointed by that school board.

I think that it is different than a school board just authorizing teachers with an LTC to carry. Although they have to have school permission in that case as well.

If this is incorrect please set me on the correct path.

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: TX Hitman] #7089254 02/22/18 10:40 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
My personal belief is that if administrators, teachers, or parents have a carry permit they should be allowed to carry concealed on any school property at any time.....and the school should post signs stating as much....

Soft target just got hardened and all it costs is the price of a few signs..... 2cents

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: rdhibbs] #7089269 02/22/18 10:51 PM
W
wall8053 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: rdhibbs
With out going back and studying it, a school martial is a school employee chosen by the school board. Must get specific training as such. If they are fired or quit and go to another school district they are no longer a School Martial unless reappointed by that school board.

I think that it is different than a school board just authorizing teachers with an LTC to carry. Although they have to have school permission in that case as well.

If this is incorrect please set me on the correct path.

The way I read it is that they're an employee of the school (teacher/coach/principal etc), the school sends the candidate to the required training, take and pass a psychological evaluation, and upon completion of the 80 hour course they become the school's Marshal. The goal is to have the armed and trained school marshals continue their work as educators, while simply adding the skills to handle situations like a shooter on campus. So they don't dress in a uniform and parade around with a visible weapon on their hip. The opportunity for extra security in schools is there, the school districts just need to accept the program and get on board.
I'm not certain as to all of the particulars about leaving the district and going to another without reading more into that.

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7089287 02/22/18 11:00 PM
W
wall8053 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
My personal belief is that if administrators, teachers, or parents have a carry permit they should be allowed to carry concealed on any school property at any time.....and the school should post signs stating as much....

Soft target just got hardened and all it cost the price of a few signs..... 2cents

I wouldn't oppose that plan. The only thing I have minor issues with that is the "training" to obtain an LTC isn't actual training. Especially in a highly stressful situation. Shooting a few rounds at a paper target earning a passing score is pretty easy to do. I would prefer a little extra weapons training for school officials that if the situation calls for sending rounds towards a threat, that the threat will be hit and not who's behind the threat. Just like in LE, accountable for every round fired, even if a round that's fired misses the target and strikes an innocent bystander.

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: wall8053] #7089388 02/23/18 12:01 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Soft target just got hardened and all it costs is the price of a few signs..... 2cents

I wouldn't oppose that plan. The only thing I have minor issues with that is the "training" to obtain an LTC isn't actual training. Especially in a highly stressful situation. Shooting a few rounds at a paper target earning a passing score is pretty easy to do. I would prefer a little extra weapons training for school officials that if the situation calls for sending rounds towards a threat, that the threat will be hit and not who's behind the threat. Just like in LE, accountable for every round fired, even if a round that's fired misses the target and strikes an innocent bystander.

While I agree with the "training" issue.....the fact is, the mere presence of some unknown quantity of firearms on the property would be one hell of a deterrent...... 2cents

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7089401 02/23/18 12:07 AM
W
wall8053 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W

Soft target just got hardened and all it cost the price of a few signs..... 2cents

While I agree with the "training" issue.....the fact is, the mere presence of some unknown quantity of firearms on the property would be one hell of a deterrent...... 2cents

Nothing to debate with there.

Re: Colorado Teacher CC Bill [Re: wall8053] #7089963 02/23/18 02:30 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R

This training exist, I know that a band teacher in Lubbock who owns a firearms training company (Southwest Shooting Academy). He has moved out of state, but he has partners who still offer all the training.

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide