Page 1 of 2 1 2
So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. #7084542 02/19/18 02:45 PM
T
tShawnB Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
First off let me state that I am 100% behind every law abiding citizen of the United States of America being able to purchase and own a firearm of their choosing for any reason as long as that firearm is legally purchased for legal protection, hunting, collecting or sport shooting. That being said is it time for responsible gun owners to start the conversation on what steps we can take as a nation to protect our 2A rights while protecting innocent people from incidents like we have seen in FL, Vegas, Sandy Hook, Ft. Hood, etc.... I understand the answer may not be more laws as we've seen with the last several mass shooting that laws were there to stop them, they just weren't enforced properly but I guess the question is do we raise the minimum age to purchase a gun? Do we expand (whatever that means) background checks on a national level as many have called for? Again, I'm one of the guys that certainly doesn't blame the gun as I have many of them that have never harmed anyone, but nor do I want to allow politicians with no clue whatsoever to dictate my 2A rights. So again, should we as responsible gun owners start that conversation and offer solutions in the form of legislation to appease those, whose numbers seem to be growing, against us?

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7084721 02/19/18 04:52 PM
T
TheCloudX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I think people need to start holding our government more accountable. It's failing us. My SO dislikes guns and is fairly liberal. She even randomly brought up yesterday that the gun control marches in the wake of this tragedy is in error. The signs were there, people did their duty and warned our government, but they did not act on that information. The church shooting not long ago, clerical error by the government allowed the shooter to purchase firearms. She and I agreed that if our current laws and system failed us, what more can additional laws do? Enforce the laws we have and hold those who fail us accountable. I would be shocked if those that were involved on the FBI side get so much as a citation on their employee file, let alone their jobs be in jeopardy.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7085194 02/19/18 11:50 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
No law should ever be written to appease any group. Any law written should have a legitimate goal and the reasonable ability to achieve that goal. If we get behind anything to appease the anti gun nut jobs we'll get exactly what we deserve and it won't be good. Passing a law to appease these buffoons does three things immediately: it takes something away from us, it gets them one more rung up their ladder, and it once again successfully keeps everyone from having to address the real problems. If you want to look at new laws, maybe we could start by talking about ways to take our schools off of the soft target list.
As much as people would like to believe otherwise, there is simply no way to completely prevent these crimes. We can only prevent as many as we can by doing things that will actually work. Make no mistake, the liberal left is much more concerned with eroding our gun rights than protecting our children. I have no interest in appeasing them.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: Grizz] #7086117 02/20/18 05:45 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Grizz
No law should ever be written to appease any group. Any law written should have a legitimate goal and the reasonable ability to achieve that goal. If we get behind anything to appease the anti gun nut jobs we'll get exactly what we deserve and it won't be good. Passing a law to appease these buffoons does three things immediately: it takes something away from us, it gets them one more rung up their ladder, and it once again successfully keeps everyone from having to address the real problems. If you want to look at new laws, maybe we could start by talking about ways to take our schools off of the soft target list.
As much as people would like to believe otherwise, there is simply no way to completely prevent these crimes. We can only prevent as many as we can by doing things that will actually work. Make no mistake, the liberal left is much more concerned with eroding our gun rights than protecting our children. I have no interest in appeasing them.

Very well stated and I agree wholeheartedly..... flag

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: Grizz] #7086202 02/20/18 06:41 PM
T
tShawnB Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

I agree with this. My only worry is if we don't do something they might do a lot. I hope folks understand like many of us what's really at stake here. It's so much more than the Second Amendment.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7086397 02/20/18 09:14 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
No guns under 21 bought, ar limited to 10, no bump stocks, better background check, something on non ffl gun sales—take your pick.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7087116 02/21/18 01:13 PM
C
Cherokee Mingan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I was going to state my opinion and then realized that a new law or restriction won't work when they are not enforcing the ones we already have.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: Huntmaster] #7087304 02/21/18 03:12 PM
T
tShawnB Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Huntmaster
No guns under 21 bought, ar limited to 10, no bump stocks, better background check, something on non ffl gun sales—take your pick.

The 21 rule I could maybe get behind for semi auto handguns or rifles. I'm one of the guys that says if you can fight and die for your country at 18, then there's not much you shouldn't be able to do legally. I also agree that if we're not enforcing our current gun laws then adding new gun laws only affects the law abiding citizen from his rights to own as many damn guns as he/she wants. I'm fine with bump stock ban or at least making it a CL 3 upgrade as long as they remove SBR's and suppressors from that list.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: Huntmaster] #7087367 02/21/18 03:59 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

None of these are "the answer" but all are on the "what's next" list..... 2cents

If they were really serious about stopping shootings like this then "gun free zones" would be eliminated. All they are doing is preventing law abiding citizens from defending themselves.....

Everything listed only places the government more in control....yet the government (FBI, SO, and School) all had history on this guy but failed to do anything to stop him....I would fully trust both of my son's with pistols and rifles from the age they were 15-16....their step-brother I wouldn't trust if he were 35 (unless I see a dramatic change in his maturity)....

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7087662 02/21/18 07:11 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Snake, I would trust your sons also, they probably were taught the right way. The problem is the other 95%-who are idiots. We do nothing and this group of up and coming non gun crowd will pass their own gun laws for us. We have to get ahead.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: Huntmaster] #7087708 02/21/18 07:51 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Snake, I would trust your sons also, they probably were taught the right way. The problem is the other 95%-who are idiots. We do nothing and this group of up and coming non gun crowd will pass their own gun laws for us. We have to get ahead.

The point was...it's not as much an age issue, or mag capacity, or bumpstock, as a social problem....too many years of participation trophy's, removing discipline from schools, and medicating kids to make them "easier to manage".....

One of my youngest boys teachers (2nd or 3rd grade) wanted him put on meds. I asked her what the problem was. Her response was, "he wiggled around in his seat too much".....I politely told her to go pound sand!

This was the same school (NE Ohio) that wanted to expel him for three day for bringing a little plastic 1" long G.I. Joe M-16 to school because they had a "zero tolerance" policy. We got passed that one then had to deal with her again when he drew pictures of army guys with guns....again because of their "zero tolerance" policy!

We had many, many interesting parent/teacher/principal meetings......

This is the kind of crap that happens when stupid azz libturds run the school system. We went private until we were able to move back to Texas......

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: Huntmaster] #7087741 02/21/18 08:21 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Huntmaster, lets say that we as pro-gun people supported the following: Firearm sales to 21 and up, 10 round magazine limit, bump stock ban, and a more encompasing background check that would include all sales or tranfers of all firearms. And we did so to appease the anti gunners. OK. Once those had all passed, what happens when a year down the road (or sooner) someone does this again. What then? None of the laws did anything to stop it from happening again, so we need more laws to appease the anti-gunners. So we pass a law that bans all semi-auto firearms. We've still got levers and bolts to hunt with and revolvers to protect ourselves, right? So another year goes by, and it happens again. Crap! Gotta pass another law to appease the anti-gunners. Take away levers and bolts. Hey, we've still got ruger number 1's and shotguns to hunt with, and revolvers to protect ourselves, right? OK. A few years go by and it happens again...That's why I can not get behind any legistation that is just to appease anti-gunners and in reality won't do anything to protect our kids. What will protect our kids? Teachers with guns will, armed guards/police officers will, metal detectors that will alert those armed guards/police will. Removing the gun free zone so that a Dad or Mom who has a CHL and volunteers at the school will. That's where we need to focus.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: Grizz] #7087860 02/21/18 09:50 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
First off let me state that I am 100% behind every law abiding citizen of the United States of America being able to purchase and own a firearm of their choosing for any reason as long as that firearm is legally purchased for legal protection, hunting, collecting or sport shooting. That being said is it time for responsible gun owners to start the conversation on what steps we can take as a nation to protect our 2A rights while protecting innocent people from incidents like we have seen in FL, Vegas, Sandy Hook, Ft. Hood, etc.... I understand the answer may not be more laws as we've seen with the last several mass shooting that laws were there to stop them, they just weren't enforced properly but I guess the question is do we raise the minimum age to purchase a gun? Do we expand (whatever that means) background checks on a national level as many have called for? Again, I'm one of the guys that certainly doesn't blame the gun as I have many of them that have never harmed anyone, but nor do I want to allow politicians with no clue whatsoever to dictate my 2A rights. So again, should we as responsible gun owners start that conversation and offer solutions in the form of legislation to appease those, whose numbers seem to be growing, against us?

Nothing changes for the Second Amendment. Period.

This is a societal problem. Nothing gets fixed until we acknowledge that.

Stop thinking emotionally. They want us all to give an inch to get the process started. Let's say they ban ARs tomorrow. Are you going to turns yours in?

I'm not. And I can assure you there are millions like me. So how does gun legislation effect the problem? It doesn't, pure and simple. Do you think they will go house to house to confiscate? That would be the beginning of the next Civil War in this country.

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 02/21/18 09:55 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: unclebubba] #7087870 02/21/18 09:56 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: unclebubba
Huntmaster, lets say that we as pro-gun people supported the following: Firearm sales to 21 and up, 10 round magazine limit, bump stock ban, and a more encompasing background check that would include all sales or tranfers of all firearms. And we did so to appease the anti gunners. OK. Once those had all passed, what happens when a year down the road (or sooner) someone does this again. What then? None of the laws did anything to stop it from happening again, so we need more laws to appease the anti-gunners. So we pass a law that bans all semi-auto firearms. We've still got levers and bolts to hunt with and revolvers to protect ourselves, right? So another year goes by, and it happens again. Crap! Gotta pass another law to appease the anti-gunners. Take away levers and bolts. Hey, we've still got ruger number 1's and shotguns to hunt with, and revolvers to protect ourselves, right? OK. A few years go by and it happens again...That's why I can not get behind any legistation that is just to appease anti-gunners and in reality won't do anything to protect our kids. What will protect our kids? Teachers with guns will, armed guards/police officers will, metal detectors that will alert those armed guards/police will. Removing the gun free zone so that a Dad or Mom who has a CHL and volunteers at the school will. That's where we need to focus.

AGREE up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: Grizz] #7087873 02/21/18 09:59 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7087921 02/21/18 10:41 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Good stuff, on the ar’s they could make it a felony to own one. And then post $2500 reward to someone who turns someone in. In my type of job, I would be screwed and have to turn them in. There is a large voting mass growing every day in ny, Chicago, la, Houston, Dallas, they may eventually get the best of us. Realistically, the litigation costs the government could make me incur; could make me lose the things I have worked for all my life. These attorneys will try to get your land and money. I work against them every day.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7087988 02/21/18 11:36 PM
L
Littledog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
Something I'd like to understand:
At one time you could get on an airliner and the cockpit door would remain open for the entire flight. At the same time, if you went into a Circle K in downtown Houston or Dallas, the clerk was locked behind six inches of plexi. Then came 9/11 and somebody said wait a minute, we have little or no security for 200 innocent people on board a 100 ton flying bomb but we protect the Circle K cash register like it were the most precious thing on earth.
Today;
Go into a bank - armed security guard. See a Brinks truck - armed security guard. Go to a sporting event - armed security. But go to a school with 1000 innocent children - not even a secure way to maintain access, much less a guard. What do I take from that? Cash is more important than children? Do we need another 9/11 with kids? There's not a gun problem. There's a problem with how serious we want to be about protecting ourselves and our families. Taking away or restricting guns is mis-direction from what really needs to be looked at.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7088120 02/22/18 01:00 AM
B
breadman Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
these are the same people who oppose the death penalty and fight for the rights of the scumbags that commit these crimes ,,,, go figure

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7088324 02/22/18 03:52 AM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
Second Amendment shall not be infringed. I am open to expanding the death penalty

Big Beckett!!
Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7088325 02/22/18 03:53 AM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
There is no answer, protect yourself and your family.

Big Beckett!!
Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7088610 02/22/18 02:42 PM
C
Cherokee Mingan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
A gun free zone is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of concerning gun safety. Was the intent of that law to prevent a mishap from occurring, like accidentally firing your weapon and striking a kid? A kid has a far better chance of getting ran over by a vehicle then something like that happening. People get excited, emotional and then make stupid laws rather than using common sense. There are bad people in this world that the laws don't apply too. But there are a lot more good people in this world and I would like to see them armed.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7088686 02/22/18 03:32 PM
T
tShawnB Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
I understand that we should never make decisions about our freedoms on emotion but we must also understand that the left makes ALL of their political decisions based on emotions and high school age kids fall right into line with that. Why do you think they don't want to have a discussion about securing our schools? Because it would work and remove that political talking point from their narrative thus costing them at the ballot box. Why do you think they don't want to have a discussion about illegal immigration? Because the solutions being offered would work and that would remove that political talking point from their narrative thus costing them at the ballot box. I really hope Americans, or at least the majority of Americans, can see thru this charade and we come to our senses and realize what's really going on here, less freedom for us and more power for them.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7089677 02/23/18 03:51 AM
T
tehachapi Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
If you vote for even one person on the anti-gun side of the aisle you deserve to have your firearms taken and be jailed for daring to support the 2nd Amendment. Look at the laws being passed routinely in California and realize it's only a decade or so away if we falter.

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7089995 02/23/18 02:54 PM
C
Cherokee Mingan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Pledge your allegiance in school, bring prayer back to school. When everyone cried "Where was God during these school shootings?" God replied "I am not allowed in there.."

Re: So what's the answer OR Is there and answer. [Re: tShawnB] #7090685 02/24/18 12:28 AM
F
fway Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F
As a father grandfather and hunter I don't see how any new legislation or laws will stop this stupidity. I'd guess most people that have never been around guns look at the design of the ar type gun and it looks evil. What most don't understand is that a 12 gauge semi or pump loaded with buck shot would, in my opinion do more damage than can be comprehended in a crowded hallway as in that school. All any new laws would do is to give the anti gun lobby a reason to push harder the next time this terrible act happens....and it will. Sad to say it will.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide