Print Thread
2 spots open in Gillespie county. #7078405 02/14/18 07:47 PM
T
Triple t Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T

I need two hunters to fill a 4 man deer lease. $3000 per gun Preferably 2 buddies or husband/wife. Dad/son etc. because you will be sharing sleeping quarters. (No room to bring your rv) there is a no guest policy during the season and no more than 2 guests allowed during the off season to do maintenance on feeders etc. It's on a 300 ac ranch 16 miles from down town Fredericksburg off hwy 16. This is a rifle only lease and only for the deer season. You will be allowed onto ranch during the off season but only to fill feeders etc. You must have a atv or utv. No full size vehicles will be allowed off the paved roads. The homeowner is only allowing one buck per person to be harvested must be eight points or better and one doe or if you prefer 2 doe's but a total of 2 deer (per hunter) and only one being a buck. Hogs and coyotes also but again only during deer season. You will only be allowed to set up one box blind per hunter and no more than 2 feeders that are huntable from your one box blind. The property does have 2 water tanks. It has not been hunted hard since 1999
Payment must be paid in full if you want the spots. There will be no payment plan for the first year. (Possibly the next year but not this first year) you will be signing a one year lease aggrement. There will also be a mandatory harvest log that must be maintained for any harvests (deer-hogs-yotes -etc) Unfortunately we will not be allowed access to ranch to start setting up blinds till May 1st. But if you want to see property we can make accommodations to show the property. Please understand it's about a 2 Hour Drive for me so please no tire kickers I understand if you want to see the property first but please if you think you're going to be interested have your checkbook or cash ready To pay in full at the end of the showing. (Only if you want the spots of course)
There will be a walk in cooler for all 4 hunters to use and there is electricity and water. (No extra fees for them).
Please make sure you read all of this very carefully and that you are willing to adhere to all rules and regulations as we all know leases are hard to come by these days and certainly not cheap anymore so we want to make sure we get invited back every year which means a team effort of being great stewards of the land. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Re: 2 spots open in Gillespie county. [Re: Triple t] #7080125 02/15/18 09:45 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Couple of questions.

Why the rifle only restriction? Is someone else hunting it during bow season? Can you hunt with a bow during rifle season?

Is turkey hunting allowed during rifle season? Or are you saving the turkeys for the spring turkey hunts your selling?

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: 2 spots open in Gillespie county. [Re: Triple t] #7080222 02/15/18 10:38 PM
T
Triple t Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
Met with property owner and got a lot of those questions answered. I'm going to write a new post with new rules and a cheaper price. But a simple answer is no he just doesn't trust bowhunters so no bow hunting at all. (This year) and yes turkeys are allowed to be hunted during fall season. No others will be hunting the property but us 4 hunters. Please see my new add that I'm going to post in about a minute. With revised and clear rules. Thanks much.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide