Print Thread
I know it's been asked before, but... #7065742 02/04/18 11:02 PM
B
BobG Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
B
I'm ready to build my first SBR, but am unsure of the best (and correct) procedure. I've read before that there are at least 2 routes to go, so I'd love some input from some of you folks who have been through the process.

If it helps, I would like to be able to hand them down to family members, and let others use them, sometimes without me there if possible. I'd also like to be able to add suppressors if possible.

Any help here? I know the internet is not the best place to get sound legal advice, but I'd put more trust in you folks before reading something off of most places on the net lol

Gravley Custom Woodwork: Household Furniture, Custom Cabinetry and much more!

Hunters, Fisherman and other liars gather here.
Re: I know it's been asked before, but... [Re: BobG] #7065756 02/04/18 11:09 PM
L
Lazyman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
I'm going to have Sean Cody do my trust in another month or so....Have heard nothing but good things about him..

Re: I know it's been asked before, but... [Re: Lazyman] #7065795 02/04/18 11:39 PM
T
TexFlip Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Lazyman
I'm going to have Sean Cody do my trust in another month or so....Have heard nothing but good things about him..

Meh. He did one of mine. There have been several times when I emailed him a question and he never got back to me. He charges quite a bit for what he does.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: I know it's been asked before, but... [Re: TexFlip] #7065822 02/05/18 12:05 AM
L
Lazyman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: TexFlip

Meh. He did one of mine. There have been several times when I emailed him a question and he never got back to me. He charges quite a bit for what he does.

Who would you recommend...I thought he was a little high but was recommended on another forum by lots of people....

Re: I know it's been asked before, but... [Re: Lazyman] #7066083 02/05/18 02:43 AM
T
TexFlip Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: TexFlip

Who would you recommend...I thought he was a little high but was recommended on another forum by lots of people....

I had him do one and did the other myself with Quicken Estate Planner/ Willmaker. It's a form document and pretty hard to mess up. The only conversation I had with Cody was about 10 minutes and he asked names of the trustees and grantor and the address and name of the trust. He just filled the blanks in, same as I did...

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: I know it's been asked before, but... [Re: BobG] #7066304 02/05/18 05:54 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: BobG
I'm ready to build my first SBR, but am unsure of the best (and correct) procedure. I've read before that there are at least 2 routes to go, so I'd love some input from some of you folks who have been through the process.

If it helps, I would like to be able to hand them down to family members, and let others use them, sometimes without me there if possible. I'd also like to be able to add suppressors if possible.

Any help here? I know the internet is not the best place to get sound legal advice, but I'd put more trust in you folks before reading something off of most places on the net lol

Two routes- but something already in the sbr configuration and use a form 4 to transfer from a dealer. This would be something like a Daniel defense Mark 18 or other sbr

Take a lower and register it on a form 1 where you are the builder and after the form is approved build the gun

There is a third option look at the pistol braces as some of those have letter saying they are not a sbr

Re: I know it's been asked before, but... [Re: BobG] #7066391 02/05/18 01:19 PM
B
BobG Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
B
Tex - I'll look into the Quicken tool. I'd like to do it myself if possible.

Cleric - I'll be building it from the ground up, so it sounds like the Form 1 is the route I need to take. I just can't bring myself to use one of those brace contraptions lol

Gravley Custom Woodwork: Household Furniture, Custom Cabinetry and much more!

Hunters, Fisherman and other liars gather here.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide