Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics418,098
Posts6,077,782
Members64,373
Most Online16,728
Mar 25th, 2012
Print Thread
Six Bushnell Wireless Trail Cameras w/accessories - $1,100 - I paid $2,200 last summer #7027221
01/06/18 05:33 PM
01/06/18 05:33 PM
Sugar Land TX
G
Gacman Offline OP
Pro Tracker
Gacman  Offline OP
Pro Tracker
G

Sugar Land TX
Last summer, in 2017, I purchased six Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Aggressor 14MP Wireless Trail Cameras from Amazon, Item model number: 119599C2, fyi they are $339 with Amazon prime or $399 from Cabelas. I also purchased four Camlockbox Security Boxes for Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Aggressor Wireless 119599C2 at $33 each, 4 32mb memory cards at $12 each, four Python Adjustable Keyed Cable Locks 6 ft. Long, Camouflage, 8418KADCAMO-TMB for $22 each, and 4 Master Lock Combo Padlocks for about $12 each. Total cost comes to around $2,200.

I used them on a property near Brenham until the fall when I moved them over to my deer lease near Freer. They worked great in Brenham. One time when I was at the ranch I got a pic on my phone of pigs at one of my feeders, and I went over there, put a stalk on them and shot one. Wireless game cameras are a game changer when they work. Getting real time pictures either via email or text (your choice) was really cool. Well there is practically no cell service down there in Freer where I'm hunting now. Cell phones rarely work and these cameras work off of AT&T's network so they did not work well enough to warrant keeping them. Some of the cameras would upload once a week or so, sometimes, but while set to the wireless setting they would run they batteries down while constantly trying to make a sat connection to upload new pics.

Now in Brenham with average cell service the lithium batteries they recommend lasted a couple months easy, and lasted longer depending on which camera and how many pictures it was taking. I'm just trying to give a potential buyer proper expectations if they buy these from me. Most of the time when I would put out a camera in Freer, the camera would give me the "modem initialize fail" message, meaning it could not establish a signal. When this happens you can change a setting and use the camera without the wireless feature, which makes it just an expensive game camera at that point. Like this it won't try to uplaod photos and therefore won't run the battery down, so that's good.

If you hunt a property with good cell phone service then these should work fine for you. There is only one data plan option, and I was happy with it. You pay Bushnell $9.99 a month for 1,500 pictures a month. That's more than plenty. There are no contracts. You can start, and restart anytime you want. That's $9.99 per camera, so $60 dollars a month, and you can pay that only during hunting season if you want. Get the guys on the lease so split the monthly if you can, otherwise they don't get access, haha. And yes, all I had to do to give others access was to give them the user and password, then they could install the app on their phones and check whenever they wanted. Or just keep access to yourself and know where the deer are when your buddies won't.

On the property in Brenham I was using several of these for security while I was selling that property, with the plan of moving them to my deer lease after it sold. That's the main reason I bought the lock boxes and locks. Check it out, I drilled the boxes into trees securing them with three inch lag screws, used the Python cable lock to go around the tree(the lock box allows for this), then put the Master lock on the steel lock box (as designed as well). Nobody was going to steal these! And if they tried I would get their picture. Btw these wireless cameras don't have an external antennae like I've seen on some others, so upon first inspection they just look like regular game cameras. In the steel lock boxes you can't even read the "wireless" text printed on the front.

Overall I've been happy with them. There are lots of settings you can adjust and with the website you can adjust the number of pictures they take, the time between each photo, etc etc all form your computer. You'll still get your share of blurry or dim pics just like any other game camera. The photos that are sent to you wirelessly (or you can just view them on the website and not get any texts or emails - and of course they have an app for iphones or android phones - and the app is excellent). The images uploaded are of lower resolution and the higher resolution pics are kept on the memory card so you can always go back and get those. As a scouting tool the image quality on the pics sent wirelessly is just fine. I did have an issue with one camera last fall that would not make a wireless connection, even here in Houston. I sent it to Bushnell and they sent me a new one which I activated on Dec 15th. So one of the six is less than a month old as I type this on 1/6/18.

I spoke to Bushnell yesterday to see what needs to be done to complete a sale and transfer these to someone else's account as each camera has a serial number. It's pretty easy but they did say the warranty does not transfer, just fyi. I'll ask the buyer to sign a bill of sale listing each camera by serial number.

I'm keeping two of the Python locks, cause I can find other uses for them, and I'm keeping one of the combo locks. I do have a couple 4 mb cards I was using for two of the cameras so this sale would include the 6 SD cards you would need. Each camera takes 12 AA batteries and I'll include about 60 of them with the sale. I've been getting them at walmart for $12 for a pack of I think 12. I'm getting 2 to 4 months of battery life. And that's been taking a lot of pictures, often 500 or more a month. I only use Energizer Lithium batteries in the cameras.

I'd prefer an in person sale as I want the buyer to see me demonstrate that all the cameras work fine, etc. I'm not accepting returns. While hunting season is winding down, I'm hoping someone will want to buy these to either use now or next fall. I'll keep the data plans active until I sell these so the buyer can see the website works etc. There is no extra cost for website access btw.

Trades I would be interested in considering. First off, no kayaks, I have two already and I need to sell one - I have a 2 year old Old Towne Predator in green camo with a rudder attachemnt, two rod holders. Asking $1,200 - it was about 2k new.

I'd consider certain O/U 20 gauges or an old 12 gauge Wingmaster with a 26" barrel - I don't care the condition - worse is better - that's what I'm looking for, not a nice one, plus some cash.

I am considering buying a work trailer soon, something in the 14 or 16 foot range.

Or just cash of course, I'm asking $1,100 or half of what I paid. I currently don't have plans to separate them. Thank you for looking. And below in another post I put up some of the pictures they took during the year.

So the sale includes six cameras, four steel lock boxes, two python cable locks, three master locks, two 32 mb sd cards, and two 4 mb sd cards.

Re: Six Bushnell Wireless Trail Cameras w/accessories - $1,100 - I paid $2,200 last summer [Re: Gacman] #7027233
01/06/18 05:44 PM
01/06/18 05:44 PM
Sugar Land TX
G
Gacman Offline OP
Pro Tracker
Gacman  Offline OP
Pro Tracker
G

Sugar Land TX

Re: Six Bushnell Wireless Trail Cameras w/accessories - $1,100 - I paid $2,200 last summer [Re: Gacman] #7027240
01/06/18 05:53 PM
01/06/18 05:53 PM
Sugar Land TX
G
Gacman Offline OP
Pro Tracker
Gacman  Offline OP
Pro Tracker
G

Sugar Land TX

Re: Six Bushnell Wireless Trail Cameras w/accessories - $1,100 - I paid $2,200 last summer [Re: Gacman] #7027450
01/06/18 09:54 PM
01/06/18 09:54 PM
Sugar Land TX
G
Gacman Offline OP
Pro Tracker
Gacman  Offline OP
Pro Tracker
G

Sugar Land TX

Re: Six Bushnell Wireless Trail Cameras w/accessories - $1,100 - I paid $2,200 last summer [Re: Gacman] #7027756
01/07/18 02:42 AM
01/07/18 02:42 AM
T
Texican Offline
Tracker
Texican  Offline
Tracker
T

Pretty cool. Do these text the images to you, or email, or ...?

Re: Six Bushnell Wireless Trail Cameras w/accessories - $1,100 - I paid $2,200 last summer [Re: Gacman] #7027771
01/07/18 02:59 AM
01/07/18 02:59 AM
Sugar Land TX
G
Gacman Offline OP
Pro Tracker
Gacman  Offline OP
Pro Tracker
G

Sugar Land TX
You can have it text or email or both. Or neither and just view online or with the app. You can also set the app to notify you of new pics. Lots of choices.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
UBB.threads™ 7.6.2