Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #6969581 11/22/17 06:29 PM
S
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Another vote for Limcroma Safaris, hunted with them this July and they were top notch all the way.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #6976513 11/29/17 06:24 PM
K
Kingsview Safaris Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
We will be happy to assist in any possible. Any questions or even if you would like to chat about hunting in South Africa, you welcome to get in touch with us.

Good luck on the planning, hope you come right.

Jono and Justine McHugh
Eastern Cape, South Africa
www.kingsviewsafaris.co.za
Listen to our Podcast: Round The Fire With Kingsview Safaris
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #6982967 12/05/17 01:27 AM
A
artofficial Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
I hunted with Theron Africa Safaris in April. Absolutely epic. Shot 7 animals, only the zebra with a gun, the rest with bow.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #6995570 12/14/17 04:06 AM
JacobHerman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I went with Africa Sport Safari the first time on a budget hunt. Food great, great price, and fun guide.

Second time with Wild Wildebeest, Jacque Kellerman was my PH. Great guy and great hunt. Gold Eiland.

This year im going to Port Elizabeth with Andri Fox. Booked with Russel Selles.

If you are in Texas go to DSC and meet with the people directly.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #6995733 12/14/17 01:04 PM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Q
I've done RSA, Zim and Cameroon where I took a 32 inch Roan.

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #6998014 12/15/17 10:10 PM
B
Bubinga Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
We have been twice to RSA and going back next year for Cape Buffalo. I highly recommend Matlabas Game Hunters. The hunting is great and the hospitality is phenomenal.

Let the Deed Shaw.
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #7007992 12/23/17 01:34 AM
D
darrack Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
call Jono with Kingsview Safaris. I have been and will be going back in 19. He cares about family and the experience of the hunt. I took my wife who doesnt hunt and she loved every minute of it. He will take care of you and work with you on your budget.

GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: doggit] #7011110 12/25/17 05:57 PM
V
venator ne Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
V
Double on Barry. I can't believe he is still in business. He sent me the wrong trophies. Beware.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #7012641 12/27/17 02:00 AM
P
Phantom Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
I would use mbogo safaries or Coronga Safaris. Tell them what you want to do and they will work out a price for you. I have been there 6 times. I love Africa

Good is the enemy of Great
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #7012945 12/27/17 02:09 PM
F
Firehuntfish Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
There are many of reputable African outfitters that will provide a good experience for you. That said, there are a lot of different experiences to be had. You need to do your research and find an outfit that can meet or exceed the goals and expectations you have for the type of safari that you are looking for. Some are small, "Mom & Pop" outfits that will provide a very personal, intimate safari but may be limited in size and species, while others are better suited logistically to handle couples, families, or large groups on safari. The region you choose can also dictate the species available and the travel time necessary to get to your destination. All of these are important factors to consider.

I have hunted 4 countries and all of the provinces of South Africa. In 6 safaris, my last 4 have been with Limcroma Safaris based in the Limpopo province of South Africa. For the overall value, quality & quantity of trophy species available, and amount of property to hunt, Limcroma is second to none in my opinion. Hannes Els and his staff are just plain nice, down to earth folks that will treat you like royalty regardless of whether you are on a budget safari or hunting the Big 5. Feel free to pm if you want a more detailed reference.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #7012953 12/27/17 02:16 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
OP hasn't been on here since 11/21. I sent him a PM, that he read, and didn't get diddly for a response. 'Must not need that much help.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: Creekrunner] #7027405 01/06/18 08:37 PM
L
LBG Safaris Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
L
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
OP hasn't been on here since 11/21. I sent him a PM, that he read, and didn't get diddly for a response. 'Must not need that much help.

+1

Kind Regards
Bossie, DJ Mostert
Limpopo Big Game Safaris
www.lbgsafaris.com
lbgsafaris@yahoo.com
hunt@lbgsafaris.com
[Linked Image]
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: Jgraider] #7032198 01/10/18 03:21 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Been there 4 times, once to SA, 3 times to Namibia. I'll take Namibia any day over the generally small (except for E Cape) high fence places in SA. Kowas Safaris is second to none.

Headed to eastern cape and then Kalahari leave 6/10

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #7032202 01/10/18 03:26 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Who are you hunting with BMD? I'd love to hunt the E Cape myself.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: Jgraider] #7032249 01/10/18 03:55 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Who are you hunting with BMD? I'd love to hunt the E Cape myself.

Pm sent

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: BMD] #7032593 01/10/18 02:37 PM
F
Firehuntfish Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted By: BMD
[quote=Jgraider]Been there 4 times, once to SA, 3 times to Namibia. I'll take Namibia any day over the generally small (except for E Cape) high fence places in SA.

Generally small high fenced areas in RSA... ? What province did you hunt? Who was the outfitter? Not to offend, but it sounds like you hunted with the wrong one... There are lots of outfitters in the RSA to avoided for sure... Unfortunately, many do not own their own property, while more still arrange for "day hunts" on various game farms which they do not own themselves. But, there are still many excellent outfits in all provinces of the RSA outside of the East Cape that offer HUGE concessions (10-25K acres contiguously) for their guests to hunt with naturally propagated herds in a completely fair chase environment. References and research...I cannot emphasize that enough..

Last edited by Firehuntfish; 01/10/18 02:38 PM.
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #7032807 01/10/18 04:19 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Well, BMD has been around, and so have I in SA. Most everything I've researched in the Limpopo, NW Province, etc has been small, high fenced places that remind you mainly of the TX Hill Country. I hear the E Cape has much larger properties. I also learned that the term "free range" is used very often by SA outfitters even though their properties are smaller, high fences. The vast majority of SA game ranches are put and take as well, regardless of what they say. Their rational is that most of the game can jump the fence anyway, so they call it free range.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: Jgraider] #7032964 01/10/18 06:05 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Well, BMD has been around, and so have I in SA. Most everything I've researched in the Limpopo, NW Province, etc has been small, high fenced places that remind you mainly of the TX Hill Country. I hear the E Cape has much larger properties. I also learned that the term "free range" is used very often by SA outfitters even though their properties are smaller, high fences. The vast majority of SA game ranches are put and take as well, regardless of what they say. Their rational is that most of the game can jump the fence anyway, so they call it free range.

Very true!

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: BMD] #7033257 01/10/18 10:04 PM
F
Firehuntfish Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
[quote=Jgraider]Well, BMD has been around, and so have I in SA. Most everything I've researched in the Limpopo, NW Province, etc has been small, high fenced places that remind you mainly of the TX Hill Country. I hear the E Cape has much larger properties. I also learned that the term "free range" is used very often by SA outfitters even though their properties are smaller, high fences. The vast majority of SA game ranches are put and take as well, regardless of what they say. Their rational is that most of the game can jump the fence anyway, so they call it free range.

I have hunted 6 African countries and all the provinces of RSA multiple times, so I guess you could say I've been around a bit myself... smile There are pros and cons with every Africa destination in my experiences, but to generalize about RSA as you have above is simply not a fair representation based on my time spent there with multiple outfitters over the years. There unfortunately are some who run put & take operations mostly on the smaller properties, but there are just as many outfits that have exceptional properties offering fantastic safaris.... I would be happy to recommend several options of outfitters in the RSA who run exceptional operations who own huge concessions if anyone is interested.

It sounds like you had a bad experience with your one visit there, and you are harboring some sour grapes? I am truly sorry if that was the case. It sucks to be mislead and disappointed by a salesman's BS... Regardless, don't fool yourself into thinking that outfitters who misrepresent what they can offer in terms of property size, trophy quality, or whatever, is unique to RSA. There are plenty of those all over, and not just in Africa.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: surfcowboy] #7033498 01/11/18 12:45 AM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I知 interested and would love to hear some references of some quality outfitters as I知 looking at going again in May of 2019.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: Firehuntfish] #7033854 01/11/18 04:50 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: Firehuntfish
[quote=Jgraider]Well, BMD has been around, and so have I in SA. Most everything I've researched in the Limpopo, NW Province, etc has been small, high fenced places that remind you mainly of the TX Hill Country. I hear the E Cape has much larger properties. I also learned that the term "free range" is used very often by SA outfitters even though their properties are smaller, high fences. The vast majority of SA game ranches are put and take as well, regardless of what they say. Their rational is that most of the game can jump the fence anyway, so they call it free range.

I have hunted 6 African countries and all the provinces of RSA multiple times, so I guess you could say I've been around a bit myself... smile There are pros and cons with every Africa destination in my experiences, but to generalize about RSA as you have above is simply not a fair representation based on my time spent there with multiple outfitters over the years. There unfortunately are some who run put & take operations mostly on the smaller properties, but there are just as many outfits that have exceptional properties offering fantastic safaris.... I would be happy to recommend several options of outfitters in the RSA who run exceptional operations who own huge concessions if anyone is interested.

It sounds like you had a bad experience with your one visit there, and you are harboring some sour grapes? I am truly sorry if that was the case. It sucks to be mislead and disappointed by a salesman's BS... Regardless, don't fool yourself into thinking that outfitters who misrepresent what they can offer in terms of property size, trophy quality, or whatever, is unique to RSA. There are plenty of those all over, and not just in Africa.

Why is that quoted as if I wrote that? There is a lot of good and bad all over Africa

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: Txhunter65] #7034511 01/11/18 07:12 PM
F
Firehuntfish Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted By: Txhunter65
I知 interested and would love to hear some references of some quality outfitters as I知 looking at going again in May of 2019.

Hello Txhunter65... PM sent...

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: Txhunter65] #7034522 01/11/18 07:20 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Txhunter65

If you're interested in Zimbabwe, pm me. I know a couple of very reputable PHs.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: BMD] #7034541 01/11/18 07:37 PM
F
Firehuntfish Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
[/quote]

Why is that quoted as if I wrote that? There is a lot of good and bad all over Africa [/quote]

BMD,

I wasn't quoting you.... JGRaider was... You did however, reply to his post as "Very true". In any event, everyone is entitled to give their opinion. Hopefully, those opinions are based on broad experience and not one single event. My goal with any post is always to provide folks with the most accurate information that I can based on my personal experiences. And, in my experiences, what JG was suggesting is not accurate in my opinion. Folks reading these posts can weigh out all of the opinions and come to their own conclusions. I only try to pay it forward just as a few very knowledgeable, experienced folks did for me back when I was planning my first safari....

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa [Re: Firehuntfish] #7034761 01/11/18 10:03 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Firehuntfish

Why is that quoted as if I wrote that? There is a lot of good and bad all over Africa [/quote]

BMD,

I wasn't quoting you.... JGRaider was... You did however, reply to his post as "Very true". In any event, everyone is entitled to give their opinion. Hopefully, those opinions are based on broad experience and not one single event. My goal with any post is always to provide folks with the most accurate information that I can based on my personal experiences. And, in my experiences, what JG was suggesting is not accurate in my opinion. Folks reading these posts can weigh out all of the opinions and come to their own conclusions. I only try to pay it forward just as a few very knowledgeable, experienced folks did for me back when I was planning my first safari.... [/quote]

Likewise. The big problem when planning your first safari is that you don't know what you don't know. Often times you don't even know the appropriate questions to ask.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide