S
Stub Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
Originally Posted By: Stub
In case some of you missed this in the original comments (This knucklehead is on a 600 acre lease) so it is Not his property. There is also no other visible feeder or blind close to his setup. Jack is going to track down the landowner and see what the deal is.

You know if he would have at least had his blind running parallel with fence line with his main front window looking down on his side of the lease it would not be as bad, but to have his main front window overlooking Jacks property makes one think he is hunting both sides of the fence. Either way it is way to dang close hammer

Stub isn't the green feeder about a 100 yards inward his feeder?

Yes that is his feeder off to the left and further back from his blind on his side of the property (part of his setup the blind & feeder), his left window does face his feeder.
If you look at pictures 1 & 4 you can see there is a lot of open area where he could have and should have put his stand deeper into the woods away from the fence line.

Last edited by Stub; 12/19/17 09:38 PM.

texas flag

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7003056 12/19/17 09:47 PM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Well, once again.. I can agree it sucks... not the best neighborly thing to do.. but, he is not breaking a "law" just not being "kosher"... so, it IS harassment if he moves his stand and someone moves theirs to block it again and again and again...not because they are protecting their land, but there could be a case for the guy.

Again.. not a lawyer.. don't play one on TV.. don't give a rat's back end what anyone else does... but, at the end of the day... you may FEEL better but it may just be because you are lighter on your feet when the judge takes your last dollar.. heh

Just sayin.

Carry on!

R

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7003179 12/19/17 11:03 PM
M
Midwaytmm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
If you’re concerned about what’s going on , on that side of the fence, the most effective thing to do is buy it. That way you can control blind placement ect . I run into this when my neighbor busted up his place in smaller pieces then sold it. My new multiple neighbors approached me about our feeder placement. Apparently they saw them with their drone, after they flew it over us....... they were very concerned about us pulling deer from them . I had to assure them, 1 I’ve never shot a deer at one of our feeders. 2 my young boys do occasionally bow hunt, but they only shoot towards interior of our place, and if they’d payed closer attention during drone recon, they’d have noticed the ladder stands they use . 3 my place was for sale for the right price, and they could do as they please AFTER they bought it . This is the reason I don’t enjoy deer hunting anymore, used to be fun to sit in the quiet and get surprised by deer coming out of nowhere. Now it’s rules, and neighbors thinking they own everything in the county because they bought 22acres. Carry on folks

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7003259 12/19/17 11:59 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
A privacy fence is perfectly legal in texas and I'm not aware of any laws specifying the size your fence has to be. The pole does not appear to be harassment in any form. Not the route I would go to diffuse the situation with the neighbor, but hardly illegal.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7003433 12/20/17 02:21 AM
S
sprigsss Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Or put yourself a blind right next to his. Then you can visit while hunting. May turn out to be a a good guy that busts his butt 80-100 hours a week and he out this stand up to takea his kid hunting.

Looks to me that he is thinking he will never have to worry about his bullet ever leaving his property. I respect that.

He isnt leasing the interior 160 acres, he is leasing all the way to the fence line.

Deer follow fencelines all the time. A lot of landowners keep a few feet clear of brush and it makes nice lanes for deer to feed.

Why does everyone always assume the worst.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7003472 12/20/17 02:57 AM
B
Buck25-06 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Put blind up in front of it

I know allot about everything-Everything about nothing!!!!
Re: Way To Close [Re: sprigsss] #7003504 12/20/17 03:15 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Or put yourself a blind right next to his. Then you can visit while hunting. May turn out to be a a good guy that busts his butt 80-100 hours a week and he out this stand up to takea his kid hunting.

Looks to me that he is thinking he will never have to worry about his bullet ever leaving his property. I respect that.

He isnt leasing the interior 160 acres, he is leasing all the way to the fence line.

Deer follow fencelines all the time. A lot of landowners keep a few feet clear of brush and it makes nice lanes for deer to feed.

up

Re: Way To Close [Re: sprigsss] #7003514 12/20/17 03:24 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Man, this Joe Sixpack is a helluva nice guy. Maybe I should invite him over sometime, ya know, when he ain't working 80-100 hours a week, preaching at church, or hunting his neighbors place, & see if he wants to date my sister.

Do you hunt in FantasyLand, or just live there?

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 12/20/17 03:25 AM.
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7003526 12/20/17 03:29 AM
B
Brother Phil Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Are you hunting on your lease near his stand? It sounds like there is an assumption he will be shooting over the fence, and trespassing. Most ranches have a road along the fences, and are often used for stand placement. I have seen this setup many times, and would rather have someone shooting away from the fence. The frustration often develops if two hunters are hunting the same fence line, on different ranches. If so, then it is time for a civil discussion to try and resolve the issue.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7003528 12/20/17 03:30 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I've hunted in S Texas all of my life. I'm used to fence hunters. As long as you don't cross the line we're good, it's your land. For God's sake take a kid hunting and stop fighting amongst ourselves. Have neighbors with feeders from 5' to 100 yrds from the fence. I pass on deer that jump the fence and get shot. I don't like it, but it's their right to do so. Hopefully that little deer that I passed, again, was a kid's first deer and he/she will get hooked on hunting instead of drugs. I don't worship horns, I worship memories.

Re: Way To Close [Re: maximus_flavius] #7003984 12/20/17 03:03 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius

Man, this Joe Sixpack is a helluva nice guy. Maybe I should invite him over sometime, ya know, when he ain't working 80-100 hours a week, preaching at church, or hunting his neighbors place, & see if he wants to date my sister.

Do you hunt in FantasyLand, or just live there?

Nope, I hunt in the real world. 2 years ago the neighbors put in a stand just like this. It is 10 feet off of our boundary line. His feeder is positioned so that he will be shooting away from boundary.

I haven no problems with that.

And if he shoots a deer on his side of the fence and it makes it to our property, I will allow him to come over, help him with any tracking and help him load it up in his truck.

If the blind and feeder were reversed, I'd have a big problem with it. As long as his bullets stay on his side of the fence he can do what he wants.

I never said he was preaching at church, if that was the case it may be the first sign that I better keep an eye on him.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7003994 12/20/17 03:07 PM
A
agsellers04 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Lots of stands get put up along fences. As long as they don't shoot across the fence it's all good. Try the polite approach, you may be surprised at the result. The end.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7008747 12/23/17 04:37 PM
D
D-Day Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Caliche pit.

The dog is a gentleman, I want to go to his Heaven not man's.--Mark Twain

If dogs don't go to Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.--Will Rogers

The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.--Mark Twain
Re: Way To Close [Re: skinnerback] #7010075 12/24/17 06:46 PM
W
wtr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: skinnerback
I've hunted in S Texas all of my life. I'm used to fence hunters. As long as you don't cross the line we're good, it's your land. For God's sake take a kid hunting and stop fighting amongst ourselves. Have neighbors with feeders from 5' to 100 yrds from the fence. I pass on deer that jump the fence and get shot. I don't like it, but it's their right to do so. Hopefully that little deer that I passed, again, was a kid's first deer and he/she will get hooked on hunting instead of drugs. I don't worship horns, I worship memories.

Spot on. People just complain too much.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7010181 12/24/17 08:48 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Had a guy put a tripod on property line of am east Texas lease. Turns out he did think my lease was his. I learned this while he was asking me what I was doing on his lease. With his gun not pointed at me... but he was for sure in a ready position. I explained he was wrong and to get with his lease boss or owner. Tripod moved later on. I always wondered if he killed a deer on my place on accident.

Re: Way To Close [Re: wtr] #7010219 12/24/17 09:26 PM
Opening Day Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: wtr
Originally Posted By: skinnerback

Spot on. People just complain too much.

And on and on and on.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7010261 12/24/17 09:49 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Y’all are a bunch of hypocrites. You know darn well if this was something non hunting related (wood mill, stone crusher, pistol range, whatever you want to say) you would be screaming hunter harassment.

And yet many of you on here are suggesting doing things that would classify as hunter harassment. I hate to even think this way on Christmas Eve, but dang, some of you need a serious check on your mental stability. As some have said on here (not sure if it was directed at the Neighbor in question or at some of the posts on this thread) but is the drive for big antlers enough to make most of the commenters break the law (i.e. hunter harassment).

Seriously folks, he is clearly hunting away from the fence line, the feeder is set up inside his stand. Is there a chance he shoots a deer close to the fence? Sure. But last time I checked, it’s totally legal to shoot something on your own side of the fence right? And don’t talk to me about the neighbors “intentions” if you suggested doing something earlier in a post that if done to you would be considered unethical or illegal hunter hardassment.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Texas buckeye] #7010373 12/24/17 11:17 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
but is the drive for big antlers enough to make most of the commenters break the law

Y'all just don't get it. The "drive for big antlers" is all on the part of the fenceline hunter. He could set up 100 yds inside his own place & shoot the same deer. It's the fact that some a-hole (usually from Dallas) that wants to crowd in on his neighbors place so he can shoot THEIR deer. Who wants to have a nice place, & have some jackazz neighbor watching it? You know a good many fenceline hunters shoot across the neighbors fence, & even more will chase a wounded deer across property lines without consent.

If I bought the house next to yours in Dallas, & set up a deer stand looking over the fence at your house, backyard, or pool, then set there & watched your place, I bet you wouldn't like it so much.

It's a matter of respect to me. Why would you wanna crowd people?

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7010395 12/24/17 11:33 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
It is all about respect, agree Maximus. And respect is warranted in the response we give to people who first disrespect us. There were several commenters who suggesting talking to the guy. That is appropriate, if having that stand makes you upset. A good respectful conversation will go a long way to resolving this “felt” disrespect. You might find he is set up there due to a real reason but if you go over and act all “holy roller” you will probably not get to hear it.

Quick question though, if you can set up and shoot the same deer 100 yards into a property then what’s the issue with fenceline hunters? The deer will still get there, so what’s the set back you would recommend to make sure your neighbors don’t steal your deer or spy on your property?

Sounds to me like you don’t have good experiences with urbanites....maybe we should just ban dfw residents from hunting? I am sure there are no country folk that would hunt a fenceline... confused2

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 12/24/17 11:35 PM.
Re: Way To Close [Re: maximus_flavius] #7010407 12/24/17 11:42 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
but is the drive for big antlers enough to make most of the commenters break the law

Y'all just don't get it. The "drive for big antlers" is all on the part of the fenceline hunter. He could set up 100 yds inside his own place & shoot the same deer. It's the fact that some a-hole (usually from Dallas) that wants to crowd in on his neighbors place so he can shoot The state’s deer. Who wants to have a nice place, & have some jackazz neighbor watching it?

Fixed it for you....

If you aren’t worried about big antlers then you shouldn’t worry about someone trying to shoot a deer with big antlers, right? So the drive for property line deer stand set backs is all about big antlers too?

There’s so much assumption going on in this thread. Why must we jump to the worst assumption for everyone else but assume the best intentions for ourselves? Maybe try to think of the best in everyone and worry less about what deer are getting killed by your neighbor.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7010425 12/24/17 11:59 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Most rifle hunters place their deer stands where they can see the farthest in multiple directions. Most land has the brush cleared out away from the fence lines so a vehicle can pass. This is why so many deer stands get placed on fence lines.

Re: Way To Close [Re: maximus_flavius] #7010469 12/25/17 12:50 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Y'all just don't get it. The "drive for big antlers" is all on the part of the fenceline hunter. He could set up 100 yds inside his own place & shoot the same deer. It's the fact that some a-hole (usually from Dallas) that wants to crowd in on his neighbors place so he can shoot THEIR deer. Who wants to have a nice place, & have some jackazz neighbor watching it? You know a good many fenceline hunters shoot across the neighbors fence, & even more will chase a wounded deer across property lines without consent.

Okay, I see it now. People think that when a deer crosses their property, it becomes "their deer." It isn't the guy on the fence line that is the a-hole.

The deer belong to the state.

You are afraid of somebody seeing what you are doing???? Then don't be by the fence line. roflmao

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7010505 12/25/17 01:27 AM
K
KK30RAR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
How does it become Their deer !!!

Pulsar xq50 trail
Pulsar xq30f Helion
Re: Way To Close [Re: Stub] #7011240 12/25/17 09:24 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Way tired subject, as long as there are fencelines there will be fenceline hunters. I do not try to judge them or their actions, hopeful and expecting they don't shoot onto my side and that they practice a small level of harvest selectivity though I cannot dictate it.

Re: Way To Close [Re: Texas buckeye] #7011730 12/26/17 01:56 PM
S
Stub Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Y’all are a bunch of hypocrites. scratch ( REALLY? I bet if his stand was right up against your fence line with his main front hunting window and a side window looking directly over your property you would be singing a different tune hammer)

I hate to even think this way on Christmas Eve, but dang, some of you need a serious check on your mental stability. (With these absurd comments and assumptions you have made, maybe you are the one who should seek help muyloco confused2)

Seriously folks, he is clearly hunting away from the fence line (Is this your stand?) , the feeder is set up inside his stand.

Not sure what his intentions are and Neither do you unless it is you??? Putting a deer stand right up against your neighbors fence is not a good thing legal or not unless you have had a conversation with them and they are good with it.

What makes this scenario worse is;
1. That hunter does not own the land and 2. More importantly the way he has his deer blind positioned to where most of his hunting view is over another mans property hammer

Two things he could have done to make this either a non issues or just a inconsiderate decision.

1. Non issue; what most would agree upon would have been to place the stand a little further inside his lease area for which he has plenty of area and choices to choose from up

2. If he would have at least set up his blind with the main window running parallel with his side of the fence line instead of over looking another mans property! Think about it, he would have still had great visibility to hunt his feeder setup and would have actually had MORE hunting view of the property he is hunting, this way he have his main window giving him a greater view down his side of the fence line and to his left towards the feeder, his side window would still have great view of his feeder and a lot more hunting view of the property on the left side of the blind.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas cheers

Last edited by Stub; 12/26/17 03:16 PM.

texas flag

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide