Forums46
Topics537,815
Posts9,729,465
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6991465 12/11/17 09:56 AM
F
frognot Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Great video there!

When he was young, I told Dale Jr. that hunting and racing are a lot alike. Holding that steering wheel and holding that rifle both mean you better be responsible.
Dale Earnhardt
Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6991519 12/11/17 01:00 PM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K
Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone. I'm still pretty new to deer hunting and I learn more and more each season. A forum like this is a great learning tool with great people and great information.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6991533 12/11/17 01:09 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
It’s a really cool video. Trying to serve two masters (the camera and the hunt) just bit you, that’s all. You have a great attitude. Good luck to you I hope you get him.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6991752 12/11/17 04:00 PM
D
D'hanis Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Awesome video,Thanks for sharing. While I haven't had that exact same experience, I know the feeling in general, part of hunting. Good luck moving forward, I hope to see pictures of you holding him before the season is over.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6991966 12/11/17 06:20 PM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
It’s a really cool video. Trying to serve two masters (the camera and the hunt) just bit you, that’s all. You have a great attitude. Good luck to you I hope you get him.

Thank you, I wanted to film just to be able the replay the memories, but that day I took it too far.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6992192 12/11/17 09:06 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I find that my memory does a pretty good job without a camera distracting from my hunt. I’ve tried filming before. These days, I prefer to hunt.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6992259 12/11/17 09:51 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: KnoxCityNate
Thanks for the encouraging comments everyone. I'm still pretty new to deer hunting and I learn more and more each season. A forum like this is a great learning tool with great people and great information.

It's a great video because it's not staged and it's your real life hunting experience. It also shows you have some great up and comers to look forward to next year. Just keep at it this year and you never know, he could give you another shot. Good luck the rest of the season.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6992690 12/12/17 02:59 AM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

It's a great video because it's not staged and it's your real life hunting experience. It also shows you have some great up and comers to look forward to next year. Just keep at it this year and you never know, he could give you another shot. Good luck the rest of the season.

Thank you for saying that, because that's exactly what I try to record.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6992988 12/12/17 02:19 PM
T
Teal28 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Great vid!
But what are you thinking having a heater in the blind! that's against the rules. roflmao

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6993092 12/12/17 03:14 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Best= When my son shot his first buck, he had hunted with since shortly after he could walk. Shot his first doe around 9 and it was rough for a while because he wanted to shoot a buck and all we were seeing while he was with me were young bucks and I would not let him take one. At first it ticked him off but then he got it, so after shooting several hogs and more doe along the way he finally got his first buck at age 14, it was a dandy 10 and I was and still am the proudest dad up

Worst I went to a big ranch out west with an X friend of mine now and his two sons. They had Zero regard for the game laws and the oldest son actually bragged about harming a calf. He came back with scratches all over his upper body and arms. He then started bragging about how he had just put the smack down on a young calf and that it ain't never getting back up, that it is now the coyote's dinner, the dad just grinned?

On one day I had to dang near force the dad to tag a doe his son had shot, he said if the game warden pulls them over, they will say the meat is from a hog, finally he tagged it nuts

When we were finally leaving (Thank God) to go home on the ranch road, there was a momma cow and her probably 3-5 day old calf, same boy said dad stop he wanted to put the smack down on this calf too and the dad started stopping to let him. I had to yell fiercely at them multiple times to keep going that they are not going to hurt that FN calf mad finally they drove off. The whole time it was such a surreal and weird experience that people actually have that much disregard for other people's property, animals and game laws!

It was such a messed up situation that I did not want to nor did I shoot a deer.

texas flag

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: Teal28] #6993317 12/12/17 05:31 PM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K
Originally Posted By: Teal28
Great vid!
But what are you thinking having a heater in the blind! that's against the rules. roflmao

Hahahaha gas ran out after a hour, serves me right

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: Walkabout] #6994971 12/13/17 08:14 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Walkabout
confused2 Some folks are hunters and some are photographers....

And some are both up

texas flag

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6994999 12/13/17 08:34 PM
I
ifearnodeer Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
I
Wow Nate, never seen that many while hunting either. Sure haven't seen that many horns nor as big a buck as those. Great video though. Been watching videos at work, itching to get back after it this weekend. We are still developing our spot me and some buddies hunt. One day with any luck we will have a herd like that roll up. I'm sure you will get either the one you were after or that monster soon enough. Let us know. Good luck to ya!

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: Stub] #6995003 12/13/17 08:40 PM
I
ifearnodeer Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
I
Too awesome Stub! I know you are way proud. My boys didn't show much interest in hunting, my father didn't hunt and I never had much opportunity growing up. I'm older and have only been at it 5 years but have only taken one and it was a buck, opening weekend of rifle 3 years ago and it was the 1st off the property we hunt.

Originally Posted By: Stub
Best= When my son shot his first buck, he had hunted with since shortly after he could walk. Shot his first doe around 9 and it was rough for a while because he wanted to shoot a buck and all we were seeing while he was with me were young bucks and I would not let him take one. At first it ticked him off but then he got it, so after shooting several hogs and more doe along the way he finally got his first buck at age 14, it was a dandy 10 and I was and still am the proudest dad up

Worst I went to a big ranch out west with an X friend of mine now and his two sons. They had Zero regard for the game laws and the oldest son actually bragged about harming a calf. He came back with scratches all over his upper body and arms. He then started bragging about how he had just put the smack down on a young calf and that it ain't never getting back up, that it is now the coyote's dinner, the dad just grinned?

On one day I had to dang near force the dad to tag a doe his son had shot, he said if the game warden pulls them over, they will say the meat is from a hog, finally he tagged it nuts

When we were finally leaving (Thank God) to go home on the ranch road, there was a momma cow and her probably 3-5 day old calf, same boy said dad stop he wanted to put the smack down on this calf too and the dad started stopping to let him. I had to yell fiercely at them multiple times to keep going that they are not going to hurt that FN calf mad finally they drove off. The whole time it was such a surreal and weird experience that people actually have that much disregard for other people's property, animals and game laws!

It was such a messed up situation that I did not want to nor did I shoot a deer.

Everyone loves a joke, no one likes a fool
Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: ifearnodeer] #6995409 12/14/17 01:55 AM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K
Originally Posted By: ifearnodeer
Wow Nate, never seen that many while hunting either. Sure haven't seen that many horns nor as big a buck as those. Great video though. Been watching videos at work, itching to get back after it this weekend. We are still developing our spot me and some buddies hunt. One day with any luck we will have a herd like that roll up. I'm sure you will get either the one you were after or that monster soon enough. Let us know. Good luck to ya!

This is my first season in this spot, I'm very lucky to be seen the action I am. Thanks for the comment

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6995412 12/14/17 01:56 AM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K
I pulled my camera and the big boy showed back up. Now I need to figure out how to post a picture.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6995422 12/14/17 02:02 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I pulled my camera and the big boy showed back up. Now I need to figure out how to post a picture.

If you don't get the pic loaded send me a pm

I will add them

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: Stub] #6995576 12/14/17 04:19 AM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K

Congrats to your son that's a great buck, and to the rest of the story I'm glad you did what you did. People like that will get what's coming to them one day.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6995675 12/14/17 11:55 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Here you go Nate

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6995680 12/14/17 12:01 PM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K
Thank you very much procraft05

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6996458 12/14/17 09:17 PM
I
ifearnodeer Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
I
Hey Nate, when you going back for round 2?

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: ifearnodeer] #6997135 12/15/17 05:09 AM
K
KnoxCityNate Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
K

Saturday morning crossing my fingers.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: Stub] #6997347 12/15/17 02:17 PM
H
hurricanecraig Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H

They're lucky that momma cow didn't put "the smackdown" on them. Sounds like they are some real jerks.

Re: Best and worst hunt of my life. [Re: KnoxCityNate] #6997836 12/15/17 08:21 PM
I
ifearnodeer Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
I

Saturday morning crossing my fingers.

Good luck sir, I too will be trying my luck again this weekend. And my darn friends keep coming up with excuses to not go. Told em they are going to have a hard time filling the freezer from the conditioned spaces at home.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide