Print Thread
First time for everything I guess... #6950887 11/08/17 02:54 AM
H
hunting_guy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
So today is the first day of rifle season I was real excited about. Weather was right, temp was right, moon is getting better. I've sat 4 times since opening day and haven't seen a deer. Get in the blind about 3:00 pm... sat for about 2 1/2 hours and see two does headed towards the feeder. They are moving fairly quickly and keep looking behind them. I know what's coming so I open the window of my stand up and get the gun ready in hopes that the big 8 I posted pictures of a few weeks ago is chasing. The does make it to the feeder and keep looking at my blind (which was unusual because of the wind and I wasn't moving) but then kept looking behind them as well... and about 45 seconds later I see horns moving through the cedar behind them. Its a big 8, but its the one I want my son to shoot, not the one I've been hunting. I'm looking at him through the scope as he runs the does away and I hear the latch to the door on my box blind slide open (the noise didn't register with me at first, I just thought what is that god awful sound coming from my blind). About the same time I turn around to figure out what's going on, the door to my blind opens and two 12-15 year old kids are climbing into my blind. I almost couldn't believe what was happening. The chubby white kid falls backwards off my ladder onto the ground I scared him so bad, and the young black kid had a look on his face like "oh $HIT". I guess they didn't expect me to be in the blind and I didn't really expect anyone to come climbing into my blind 15-20 minutes before dark.

I asked them if they were trying to get shot... because if they were they were going about it the right way. I really didn't know what to say after that... I told them to get the eff off of the property because they were trespassing and didn't have permission to be there. I also told them how dangerous it was to be walking around deer blinds right before dark during deer season. One of them asked me where they needed to go and I told them I didn't care were they went but for starters to go back the way the came and don't ever come across the fence again.

Anyways, there was a post on here about ruined opening day hunts... well, even though it wasn't on opening day... this one takes the cake for me. I've had people walk through an area I was hunting, but have never had two people try to crawl in the blind with me.

Here's the does

Here's the buck chasing the does off

Here's the kids after I chewed their a$$

Needless to say... ruined my hunt and probably ruined the next few days in that area mad

Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6950904 11/08/17 03:13 AM
C
Cowboy9215 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I’m sure area will be fine. And I’m sure them boys learned a lesson. Hopefully anyway.

Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6950973 11/08/17 04:25 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Holy crap! How big of a place are you hunting? I assume they live close by.

Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951019 11/08/17 05:47 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
bang

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951097 11/08/17 11:58 AM
P
Pintail711 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
A few buddies and I did the same thing when we were about 15, duck hunting in the river bottoms. Land owner chewed our butts and then called our baseball coach. He proceeded to hand down the punishment. Needless to say, we had to do a lot of running. I appreciated the land owner not calling the game warden and I think you did the right thing by not doing it either being they’re kids in all. If they’re smart, they’ll never set foot on another man’s property without permission again.

Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951153 11/08/17 12:38 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Wow sounds like you handled it well, probably better than most including me. I would have gotten their names also.

texas flag

Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951471 11/08/17 04:20 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I'm sure it has zero effect on the next few days and it sounds like your hunt was about over anyway. Hell no it isn't right they were there, I would have wanted to at least contact parents and/or sheriff.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951490 11/08/17 04:30 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I hate to rofl but that was scary funny (after the fact). How did they get so close to you. They are some stealthy suckers.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 11/08/17 04:31 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951659 11/08/17 06:33 PM
W
Wacm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Wow that's crazy. I hope it sunk into their heads... kids are so weird these days...I wonder what they were going to do in your blind....it might be scary to know

Last edited by Wacm; 11/08/17 06:34 PM.
Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951668 11/08/17 06:42 PM
S
Stevarino Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
S
Pretty crazy story. Did they have a rifle? I probably would have followed them to where ever they came from and also asked to speak with their parents.. followed by a call to the sherif if they didn’t comply.
I’m sure your area is fine..

Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951755 11/08/17 07:53 PM
H
hunting_guy Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Property borders a trailer park on the outskirts of a city... keep in my the trailer park is a good 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from where my blind is. I've had several people from that trailer park on my game camera near my feeder. Never been the same people twice though (I've posted pictures of trespassers before). I do have no trespassing signs along the fence.

They didn't have a gun... I think they honestly had no idea about what a deer blind looked like or what it was used for. They probably thought it was a cool fort they could use.

What made me so angry about the whole deal was A. How much danger they were in and didn't even know B. How nonchalant people just jump over fences and walk around properties now-a-days C. they walked up right during prime time. But, I could tell they weren't there for nefarious purposes... seemed like good kids just trying to explore. Problem was they picked the wrong time and place. After I confronted them it was yes sir, no sir... so they were at least polite and I could see it in their eyes they realized they messed up big time. That's why I didn't report them or call the game warden.

I'm not surprised I didn't see them walking up either, the way the door on my blind is situated I only have one window on that side and unless I move my chair to that side of the blind, I can't see anything but sky out of it. The walkway/path that I have to my blind comes up from that side so it tends to block anything within view of the feeder from the door. I placed it that way on purpose. As insulated as it is, you can't hear any noises going in or out of the blind either. I was also focused on watching the deer.

Anyway... hopefully they learned a lesson. Just one of those deals

wink

Re: First time for everything I guess... [Re: hunting_guy] #6951763 11/08/17 07:58 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Nice! hopefully they learned something. rock_on

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide